MEN - I have a bone to pick with you!

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Actually looking in the mirror while you workout is a form of self motivation. You can see the results and say hey I'm going to keep doing this exercise. The ones I worry about are the ones drooling over themselves and blowing kisses into the mirror. lmfao
  • trainorgirl
    Options
    well..keep in mind that they are there to work out too....they are not hogging the equipment they are using it also... Maybe dont rant on MFP because clearly there is nothing that can be done on here to fix your situation!!! Maybe ask to work in with the guys and start sharing the equipment!!! If ya went to a ladies only fitness center do you think that there wouldn't be ladies there hogging the equipment too!!??!! if no, them maybe wouldnt a womans only gym be better suited for your needs???? Doesnt matter what gym you go too your not going to get your equipment all the time...with the training i am doing i cant get the equipment i need at the time i would like to go.. so i get up at 5.30am everyday and hit the gym.. Its sooo early no one is there and i can use what ever i want!! maybe give that a whirl!! and if your to lazy to get up at that time to get your work out in.. than clearly its not that big of an issue for you..
    This post you just typed was totally useless to me. I get up and be at the gym on most mornings at 5:30 am sweets....but I go when I can get it in. AND MY MONEY IS GREEN LIKE EVERYONE ELSES - You know what? You are a Non factor and I am not going to waste typing anymore. Just GTHOH!

How is my post not helpful!! i have you 3 tid bits of advice...
    1)Wake up early and hit the gym or try a different time when its not busy...
    2)maybe a womans only gym would be better suited for your needs since men seem to be the issue..
    3)ask the men to work in...

but a question for ya, what does the color of your money have to do with anything!!! and actually my money isnt all green except the $20 our $5's are blue $50's are red $100 are brown...there are different countries on this site...

and what does GTHOH mean??? i dont go on myspace so i dont know what that stands for or means.. so it defeats the purpose of an insult if ya dont know what the insult is.. i am only assuming it is an attempted insult.. Correct??? i look forward to your clarification of GTHOH.. Sincerely "sweets'"
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    2)maybe a womans only gym would be better suited for your needs since men seem to be the issue..

but a question for ya, what does the color of your money have to do with anything!!! and actually my money isnt all green except the $20 our $5's are blue $50's are red $100 are brown...there are different countries on this site...

I think the OP was just looking for a little validation for being a tough girl in the big boy's room.

I lift real weights, too, in a gym where the weight rooms are mostly men. And I honestly don't seem to have half the issues she has. Idk, I wait my turn for a machine just like the boys do.
  • mayday2012
    mayday2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love it. Agreed.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I dont care that the wieght section is all men really... because even if it were the other way around (all women) the area would still be occupied. What i DONT like is when people dont share and when people dont mind their own business.
    If you're lifting wieghts, more power to you girlfriend. Consider yourself a pioneer for the other women who are on the cardio machines watching you and wishing they had the guts to do it too.
  • trainorgirl
    Options
    "I think the OP was just looking for a little validation for being a tough girl in the big boy's room.

I lift real weights, too, in a gym where the weight rooms are mostly men. And I honestly don't seem to have half the issues she has. Idk, I wait my turn for a machine just like the boys do.
    [/quote]"

Well said!!!! and Agreed!!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    why the drama? just ask to work in between sets if everything is occupied.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    It's our revenge for you taking up all the spots in the zumba class! Men want to dance too! :)

Lol! That's a good one.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It isn't all men, others of us are frustrated too at times. People, all of you, share the exercise equipment. Unless you don't have a minute between sets share.

It's really usually a core of guys that aren't considerate, not all of us. I love when ladies come by to work out and have not problem working them in. As for those guys that are anti-social to you, they're the very people that will melt in the face of female tenderness. Come on, you ladies know how to do that!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    First come, first serve young lady. Beat me to the bench or dumbbells and its all yours but don't complain if I got there first and don't complain if I do 5 sets!

Actually with those beautiful eyes of yours I'd probably melt and ask if you want my bench! ; ) and just move on to something else.

It's not the 5 sets-it's the guy who feels he has to do 15 sets of bench press and spend 3-4 min in between each set flexing his biceps in the mirror.

YES! This happens all the time at Gold's Gym. I'm actually about to switch gyms because of this issue. I can't stand having to wait around for all the guys to finish looking at themselves.
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    before I went on the night shift, I was at the gym at 5:30am, it was not as crowded as 5:30pm but it was far from being empty. I dont due heavy lifting, I due cardio and some machine work so I really was not effected by the men .
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    well..keep in mind that they are there to work out too....they are not hogging the equipment they are using it also... Maybe dont rant on MFP because clearly there is nothing that can be done on here to fix your situation!!! Maybe ask to work in with the guys and start sharing the equipment!!! If ya went to a ladies only fitness center do you think that there wouldn't be ladies there hogging the equipment too!!??!! if no, them maybe wouldnt a womans only gym be better suited for your needs???? Doesnt matter what gym you go too your not going to get your equipment all the time...with the training i am doing i cant get the equipment i need at the time i would like to go.. so i get up at 5.30am everyday and hit the gym.. Its sooo early no one is there and i can use what ever i want!! maybe give that a whirl!! and if your to lazy to get up at that time to get your work out in.. than clearly its not that big of an issue for you..
    This post you just typed was totally useless to me. I get up and be at the gym on most mornings at 5:30 am sweets....but I go when I can get it in. AND MY MONEY IS GREEN LIKE EVERYONE ELSES - You know what? You are a Non factor and I am not going to waste typing anymore. Just GTHOH!

and what does GTHOH mean??? i dont go on myspace so i dont know what that stands for or means.. so it defeats the purpose of an insult if ya dont know what the insult is.. i am only assuming it is an attempted insult.. Correct??? i look forward to your clarification of GTHOH.. Sincerely "sweets'"
    I'm not clarifying anything. Google it if you want to know. And like I said, I am going to move around you because I was in a good mood and I don't have time to allow your sarcasm in my spirit. So do you understand, Go play in traffic?
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Actually looking in the mirror while you workout is a form of self motivation. You can see the results and say hey I'm going to keep doing this exercise. The ones I worry about are the ones drooling over themselves and blowing kisses into the mirror. lmfao
    LOL....
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    why the drama? just ask to work in between sets if everything is occupied.
    NO drama.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    I have the same problem in my gym. Although I think it is the fault of the gym rather than the fault of the men. I tend to go during off peak hours (because I can and it's much nicer when it's quiet!) but still the weights section is overloaded with men. Our gym is split about 75% cardio and 25% weights. I fail to understand why they have it set out like this when in my experience I can hardly ever get near the weights because they are so busy. Recently I did a head count for interest. There were 6 people using cardio and 19 using weights. I really wish they would expand the weights section. I have suggested this to them. I work in an industry that is 95%+ male dominated. I am used to holding my own and not easily intimidated by men, however when I'm working out I feel more shy than usual. Most of the guys at my gym are friendly enough, but I just feel uncomforable around large numbers while they are grunting, strutting about and comparing willies or whatever it is they do between sets.
    You put this way better than I did/meant. Maybe I came off too hard when I posted this thread. It wasn't intended to be so heavy...just pointing out some things that goes on in the gym, with a little humor with it....but nicely put!
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Glad you guys are enjoying the site. While using it If you could please remember the forum guidelines it would be much appreciated. The guidelines state:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If this continues the thread risks being locked and/or deleted.

Please enjoy MFP and have a great time!
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It lifts weights with the stupid fat hobbits and the precious. No female creatures come over to it while it lifts or near the filthy weights. They run on the eliptical thing they do.

Hahahahahaha...omg, that is funny. ;PP
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Actually looking in the mirror while you workout is a form of self motivation. You can see the results and say hey I'm going to keep doing this exercise.

absolutely!! I remember the first time a class instructor told us to find a piece of mirror and look at ourselves the whole workout. I was mortified, thinking, how vain does this look?? But you know what, over time, the sight of those muscles developing was a huge motivator. Now I'm definitely a mirror hog...

I honestly prefer doing my weights at home... no waiting, no getting stared at, no getting grossed out by the sweat some guy left on the bench, no trying to position myself during certain exercises so as not to give a free show, lol!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Most men will just move out of the way. No fear baby!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sarabeth40
    sarabeth40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    !