Would you cheat? Part 2/rephrased

Options

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on starting another thread. I think I got all the answers I wanted. Some people don't need to be so fricken mean about it though. I wouldn't go on someone else's thread and give them hell for asking a question.

Hun, it's the forums. You're going to get a mix of reactions. No need to take it personally.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    From an outsider, it looks like you're looking for validation to you cheating.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on starting another thread. I think I got all the answers I wanted. Some people don't need to be so fricken mean about it though. I wouldn't go on someone else's thread and give them hell for asking a question.

um, go red sox!
  • NessasMommy081311
    NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Maybe the part where you called most of the men on the site cheaters because they didn't respond to your thread is what didn't win you any friends...

Not here to win friends. And sorry if that's how you took that. I did not mean to say that most men on here were cheaters.
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    No, go Tigers!
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    From an outsider, it looks like you're looking for validation to you cheating.

NOT AT ALL. I have said numerous times on here and the other thread that I am not in any way interested in cheating on my husband. Never have, never will.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure most people would cheat on their spouses if they lost attraction to them AND knew they wouldn't get caught. That's the turn - whether or not you'll get caught. So, OP, if you're feeling insecure and not having sex or having fun while doing the sex, and your husband thought he could get some strange without anyone ever finding out, I'm sure he would.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Maybe the part where you called most of the men on the site cheaters because they didn't respond to your thread is what didn't win you any friends...

Not here to win friends. And sorry if that's how you took that. I did not mean to say that most men on here were cheaters.

Here's a pet peeve of mine. Implying that I took what you said the wrong way. I didn't "take it the wrong way". It's what you said, in plain English. Here's your quote:
    I'm noticing over half of the responses here are from women...and being a woman myself, I know we are not all shallow. This was aimed more towards men, but I'm assuming since there's not too many posting, then the answer is probably yes.

You clearly state that men on this site are shallow cheaters, and your only reason being because they weren't replying to your thread. Then you want to cry because people aren't being nice to you.

This is why I love the internet. You can't go back and pretend you never said something you in fact did.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure most people would cheat on their spouses if they lost attraction to them AND knew they wouldn't get caught. That's the turn - whether or not you'll get caught. So, OP, if you're feeling insecure and not having sex or having fun while doing the sex, and your husband thought he could get some strange without anyone ever finding out, I'm sure he would.

you said strange!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Here's a pet peeve of mine. Implying that I took what you said the wrong way. I didn't "take it the wrong way". It's what you said, in plain English. Here's your quote:
    I'm noticing over half of the responses here are from women...and being a woman myself, I know we are not all shallow. This was aimed more towards men, but I'm assuming since there's not too many posting, then the answer is probably yes.

You clearly state that men on this site are shallow cheaters, and your only reason being because they weren't replying to your thread. Then you want to cry because people aren't being nice to you.

This is why I love the internet. You can't go back and pretend you never said something you in fact did.

<---- shallow
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options

I said I assumed since men weren't posting, that the answer was yes. DID NOT say men on this site were shallow cheaters. Someone earlier on in my other thread said that men who didn't post probably were. And I'm not crying.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options

<---- shallow

you are? how shallow we talking?
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Curiosity killed the Cat.....

I am asking other people's opinions. Again, this has nothing to do with me. My insecurity is not what made me post these threads, my curiosity is. If you have a problem with it, just don't comment....
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    assume: take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; "I assume the men are shallow cheaters."
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If I had a significant other....I think if they gained like 100 pounds to that drastically affect their health/vitality .....then I may question being with them. But I'm attracted to guys all the time who are "chubby".....I honestly feel like I have to look perfect to even date period, but that's one of my own problems in my head. Through losing weight....I've experienced attention from a lot of guys who are considered attractive (by society) who didn't pay me attention when I was bigger-- so I think I kind of got pissed at that (like, am I not worthy of speaking to? ...they clearly weren't fitness models either.)

and so... I naturally just look at personality first. I'm really picky about personality and every guy I've ever been attracted to hasn't fit a certain mold....some were big some were small and I wouldn't have wanted them to change--that's why I was attracted to them......but there is really no yes or no........you should talk to your husband about this :)

But god no...don't cheat. Break up if it's really that unbearable to look at them.......haha
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the voice of reason, but its obvious the OP is rethinking some of the things she said. Can't we just give her a break?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the voice of reason, but its obvious the OP is rethinking some of the things she said. Can't we just give her a break?
    This isn't McDonald's. You do not in fact deserve a break today, here at MFP.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

I said I assumed since men weren't posting, that the answer was yes. DID NOT say men on this site were shallow cheaters. Someone earlier on in my other thread said that men who didn't post probably were. And I'm not crying.

So, by that logic ALL the men who didn't respond to your thread are cheaters?
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    This isn't McDonald's. You do not in fact deserve a break today, here at MFP.

awesome.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Related kinda, anyone ever watch the show Cheaters? That's some funny shizznit.