WHY oh WHY do guys yell at girls? - rant

Options

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I literally had a guy in the lane beside me whip out his PENIS while he was driving and WAVE IT AT ME! He leaned up so far I could see the whole thing.

I called the police.

I already apologized to you for this.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Because they are pathetic and no they have no chance of ever getting anywhere close to vagina so they terrorize women for sport.

Another fantastic attitude.
  • annamissyk4
    annamissyk4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry dude, but it's NOT cool. Mostly "they" would be thinking you're a jerk

(sorry, don't know how to quote but this is to the guy who beeps)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Confession: Although being honked or hooted or hollered at makes me slightly uncomfortable, I still kind of like it. I have a lifetime of poor self-esteem to overcome, so even the semi-creepy compliments are a bonus.
    Just say thank you and move on.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Because society teaches men to treat women like nothing more than sex objects.

Rubbish. It works both ways now.

I've had just about every part of my body grabbed whilst out by women. Thats more than a whistle or a holla.

But of course, this thread like many is designed to get a pack mentality that men are all pigs and women are innocent, so carry on. You're no worse than the men, all the generalising in this thread...
    When this happens to you, does it make you fear for your safety? that you may be assaulted or raped or is it more of an annoyance.

You realize men can be raped, can be made uncomfortable, and even fear for their safety and more by women who are too hands-on and a little nuts? Yes maybe the approved response from a guy should be that he's never afraid of a woman and can handle himself, but that's not always the truth nor is it always the case.

Don't undermine the crap that men get from women. We're as capable of this *kitten* as they are.

Definitely men can be subject to all of that, but I'm gonna take a guess and say that she thought his muscles were enough to punch out even a group of chicks if he was in that situation. It might take more of an extreme situation for it to be threatening than would be for the average non-weight-lifting girl who loses in a one-on-one. You make a good point, it can and does happen to guys, but her comment may have been a bit more innocent than it was taken to be...
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Earphones and Ipod..you will never hear anything again LOL

Even better... earphones not plugged into anything just tucked into your pocket. This way you're aware of whats going on around you and you can pretend to ignore people. I have a slight paranoia about not being able to hear whats going on around me, so when I listen to music while walking, which is rare, I keep it at a very low volume so I can hear everything around me.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I was walking down a busy street and had some guys yell out of their car "How much for a blow job baby" I said I was too good and they couldnt afford me on their little boys pay lol. It was hilarious. They obviously werent expecting me to laugh it off. It doesnt bother me unless it is a bonehead move, like putting someone in danger.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Pure immaturity, plus there are some girls out there who would have show'em to them (sad but true)
  • antipanic
    antipanic Posts: 64
    Options
    What where you wearing while you where riding your bike? If it was a sweat shirt and sweat paints than I got your back on this one! If you where in a sports bra and short skin tight biking shorts then what did you expect? Men are stimulated by sight? Some men are more than others! I'm not saying they were right, but you didn't help matters if you flaunt what you got for the world to see! You can't have it both ways ladies. You can show us your goods and still expect us to respect your body if you don't! This is going to get me in trouble!!!!!!! But you wanted the truth right???????

You cannot wear sweat pants while riding a bike. You have to wear something that wont flop around and get caught in the chain. And wind resistance is a drag (pun!) so yes, I ride in clingy clothing. I am exercising.

BUT the only thing keeping me from a wheelchair or a coffin is my helmet and my steely nerves (aka - total lack of reflexes) so the other day, when a group of teenagers thought it would be funny to shout out something that sounded like "roar" JUST as they passed me on US 20 going about 60 miles an hour, I didn't even flinch - but had I swerved, it would have been into a drainage ditch.

Peace.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    BTW this is from a girl's POV. I don't know if girls do this to guys, but if they do, WHY??

I don't know how many times I've been working out and a pack of women have yelled "Hey, show us your pecker!" Well, I actually do know how many times...0, but if it ever happens I'll probably do it...if they ask nicely...I'd hate to be rude.
  • DayumStraightIAmEllie
    DayumStraightIAmEllie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Would have read this if it had been written by a guy.....so not reading this...if you even have to ask.....
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    lol i've had stares and once i was asked if i needed a ride by much older girls (like in their late 20s) lmao
    i don't mind it unless they embarras me
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    What where you wearing while you where riding your bike? If it was a sweat shirt and sweat paints than I got your back on this one! If you where in a sports bra and short skin tight biking shorts then what did you expect? Men are stimulated by sight? Some men are more than others! I'm not saying they were right, but you didn't help matters if you flaunt what you got for the world to see! You can't have it both ways ladies. You can show us your goods and still expect us to respect your body if you don't! This is going to get me in trouble!!!!!!! But you wanted the truth right???????

So I have to wear a sweat shirt and sweat pants or I deserve the comments? I think men (and women) can be expected to control themselves. Just because we wear something that is comfortable and keeps us cool while working out doesn't make that okay.

If I see my guy neighbor mowing the lawn shirtless I'm not going to scream "HEYYY HOTTIE SHOW ME THE GOODS!!!" Not right o.O
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    immautre boys do this. MEN don't

^^This
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    The guys are performing for each other. I know you don't think its nice, but if they didn't think you were hot they would have driven right by you.

When I was younger I was jogging and a carful of girls slowed down and one of them yelled " You know you have a really nice *kitten*!". I kept jogging, but hey, its something............

It made me appreciate the Eagles' line "its a girl my Lord in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me."
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options

If a man was to rape a woman and blame it on her clothes, guess who would win that case? Not the man. Last time I checked men are as capable of impulse control and vulgarity as women and those that aren't are gonna have a hard time finding someone with two braincells to rub together for warmth to date.

You should do your research before you claim that a woman's outfit has never been the scape goat in a rape case.
  • jblenkle
    jblenkle Posts: 13
    Options
    Never done it to any girl (and never plan to), but had a group of girls do it while I was walking! Definitely think it's just the "pack mentality" thing.
  • Eva_H
    Eva_H Posts: 15
    Options
    Because society teaches men to treat women like nothing more than sex objects.

Rubbish. It works both ways now.

I've had just about every part of my body grabbed whilst out by women. Thats more than a whistle or a holla.

But of course, this thread like many is designed to get a pack mentality that men are all pigs and women are innocent, so carry on. You're no worse than the men, all the generalising in this thread...
    When this happens to you, does it make you fear for your safety? that you may be assaulted or raped or is it more of an annoyance.

You realize men can be raped, can be made uncomfortable, and even fear for their safety and more by women who are too hands-on and a little nuts? Yes maybe the approved response from a guy should be that he's never afraid of a woman and can handle himself, but that's not always the truth nor is it always the case.

Don't undermine the crap that men get from women. We're as capable of this *kitten* as they are.

Definitely men can be subject to all of that, but I'm gonna take a guess and say that she thought his muscles were enough to punch out even a group of chicks if he was in that situation. It might take more of an extreme situation for it to be threatening than would be for the average non-weight-lifting girl who loses in a one-on-one. You make a good point, it can and does happen to guys, but her comment may have been a bit more innocent than it was taken to be...

this^
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    It's moronic-pack mentality! Cut one from the pack and he'd be like Raj from the Big Bang Theory! :bigsmile:
    Yes! This!!! lol
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I used to live in NYC and I'll never forget a particular incident when I was running to catch the train....I run down the stairs and a man steps out of the shadows and yells "I wanna lick that ***** till it bleeds!" needless to say I found my second wind! Most men aren't that bad but it only takes one bad apple.