How did you decide your goal weight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Slow_Coach
    Options
    A BMI of 22 - which is also the weight I was when I married - some 32 years ago. I'm there now, and aiming to remain there.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I find it very interesting how few people mentioned discussing their weight (whether it be start, current, or goal) with their doctor.

If I could afford to go to someone who really knows what they are talking about weight wise then I potentially would've but I didn't really feel then need, as I know what I look/feel like when I am at my goal weight, and also my GP has suggested that I put on weight as they only go by BMI and won't take into account muscle mass, body fat or frame.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I want my driver's license to stop lying!!

:) This cracked me up!

It cracked me up last year when I realized that..... Hey! I'm not a liar anymore. And I was actually 4 lbs under what it said.
    Haah. Isn't that something. For once... its not a lie. Please let us all know, when your telling the truth on yours. Its such a great feeling...

Goal weight is between 135 to 140. Its the size that I feel comfortable. My doctor said I could go to 130 if I'd like. I prefer 5 lbs heavier.. Just as long as its muscle weight. :smile:
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    I can't believe you even need to have your weight on your license! I dont have one, but my partner does, and it definately doesn't have weight on here. Seems pointless to put something on your license that can change so much
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    The doctor said I ought to weigh no more than 115, at which time I killed him and set my own goal at 140.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My mom once told me to add 5lbs for each inch over 5feet. (only women). That was good advice. Unfortunately I gained slowly over the years and haven't grown any taller. lol
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    The doctor said I ought to weigh no more than 115, at which time I killed him and set my own goal at 140.
    LMAO!
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Its 3 pounds more than what my BMI says is the range for 6 ft, but i was this weight in 2007 and i liked it, i figure i will get there and then decide if i want to go lower or not
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my doctor suggested my first goal to be 165lbs ...its taking me forever to get back there!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i picked an even number in the middle of my healthy BMI range - 150.

Exactly the same for me with the same goal...I'll re-evaluate when I get closer
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I chose it because it was the weight I felt most comfortable with,,,without being too small. It also puts my bmi at 22.6 which I think its pretty good :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    It dawned on me today that I didn't really give much thought about deciding my goal weight. I don't want to change it, but I am curious what drew you to your number? :smile:

My body fat percentage.
  • orchidsand
    Options
    I ;looked at the wgt range for my height and picked a number that was in the middle, then I went up just a little as I am older and if I was thinner I would look more wrinkled.
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I want my driver's license to stop lying!!

:) This cracked me up!

It cracked me up last year when I realized that..... Hey! I'm not a liar anymore. And I was actually 4 lbs under what it said.
    Haah. Isn't that something. For once... its not a lie. Please let us all know, when your telling the truth on yours. Its such a great feeling...

Goal weight is between 135 to 140. Its the size that I feel comfortable. My doctor said I could go to 130 if I'd like. I prefer 5 lbs heavier.. Just as long as its muscle weight. :smile:
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Will definitely let EVERYONE know when my DL is not a liar anymore! LOL!!
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was 120 in high school and I was in a size 7 so that's what I picked
  • inasopp
    inasopp Posts: 13
    Options
    how much i weighted a couple of years ago!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I aimed for a rounded up 8 stone (112lb). But when I started maintaining I lost another 5lb and was happy, however now I aim to build muscle so the weight will go up.....which will be a relief because my cardio calorie burns suck at 107. ; )
  • susanrush
    susanrush Posts: 18
    Options
    My initial goal weight was 199 because I had been in the 200's for so many years. Then when I hit 199 I was mad that it wasn't the physical response I hoped for, so now the new goal is 165 because it's my healthy bmi target. Sooooo close.