Ladies that are losing 2lbs/week, what is your secret?

Just wondering, those who are losing consistently, what are you doing? How many calories per day? How many/what type of workouts per week? What are you eating? What are you NOT eating?

Replies

• kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    bump.
    I'm curious about this, too.
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    BrownEyedJerseyGirl Posts: 97 Member
    I would like to know the secret also
  • lutkica01
    lutkica01 Posts: 65
    same here
  • dr3am3r
    dr3am3r Posts: 59 Member
    bump bump bump:wink:
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Primal diet, just trying to stay busy but not working out. I eat anywhere from 1900-1200 calories a day just depending on what i have going on,how hungry I am etc. My food diary is open, and if you wanna learn more about primal diet go to marksdailyapple.com. I've lost 73 lbs in 7 months.
  • fusiongal
    fusiongal Posts: 23 Member
    In some cases, depending on their settings, you can view their food log.
  • me too....please tell
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Great question. Do you think they are out there?
  • caitlinashleigh
    caitlinashleigh Posts: 2 Member
    i'm loosing between 2-3lbs per week just from eating healthier and exercising every day.
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    I've been losing at least 2 a week for 9 weeks. My secrets:

I eat when I'm hungry...I eat between 1250-1700 calories each day
    I drink water
    I eat what I want.
    I sleep at least 8 hours a night
    I work out.

really, it's no secret...
    One thing to remember about the scale that people tend to forget: Your scale doesn't know it's "weigh in" day, neither does your body, so if you aren't losing today, just keep what you're doing, it will come off eventually.
    Good Luck!
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    I'm not that large, so losing two pounds a week (when I'm lucky and motivated) involves working my *kitten* off to run a large calorie deficit. I guess there's no secret involved.
  • hopenevins
    hopenevins Posts: 15 Member
    I've been on here for 6 weeks now and I have lost 20 lbs so far. I'm on 1200 calorie plan. I try to work out at the gym 4 days a week (30-60 mins elliptical and weights). On the "off" days, I've been cleaning my house and staying active. You can burn a LOT of calories cleaning! I used to come home after work and sit on the couch and watch tv, and now I am much more active.
  • nihummel
    nihummel Posts: 21 Member
    I tend to lose about 2 pounds per week. You can view my diary, it is open. I eat a light but protein heavy breakfast which keeps me full til lunch time. I try to keep my lunch and supper around 500-600 calories each. I've been doing it for 4 months now and its become pretty darn easy. I've lost 44 pounds so far, but I also had a lot to lose. I suspect it will slow a little the closer I get to my goal. I do work out 5-6 times a day for 1 hour, typically burning 400-700 calories during my workout.
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    I think it depends on your body, really. I weigh a lot more than most of you, so I lose more weight a little easier (at first).
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    cutting carbs and processed foods and most sugars (still having some fruit)... working out 5 days a week, at least an hour each day...
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    I've been losing at least 2 a week for 9 weeks. My secrets:

I eat when I'm hungry...I eat between 1250-1700 calories each day
    I drink water
    I eat what I want.
    I sleep at least 8 hours a night
    I work out.

really, it's no secret...
    One thing to remember about the scale that people tend to forget: Your scale doesn't know it's "weigh in" day, neither does your body, so if you aren't losing today, just keep what you're doing, it will come off eventually.
    Good Luck!

^ This is literally the best advice anyone could give.

I have followed MFP's suggestion of 1280 cals for the most part, and I still eat all three meals and have room for a snack ( I eat frozen yogurt often ).

I will tell you one thing...I have made it mandatory for me to drink at least like two 10oz cups of water every hour during my work day so I am drinking a LOT of water; i havent weighed myself since I started drinking that much water and when I hopped on the scale today I was 10 lbs lighter! I couldn't believe it!

Just make better eating choices and be active, it will come off!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Well, I'm losing about 2 lbs a week continuously. I did some research on "negative calorie foods" and loaded up the week day diet. Things like apples, broccoli, spinach, etc. I usually make a salad for lunch with fat free dressing, sunflower kernels and some type of protein (staying away from any fish because I'm new to the office and don't want to be the stinky lunch girl) or a stir fry with cabbage, onions, green peppers and meat, and yogurt, fat free cottage cheese, apple pears/tangerines/bananas or some type of fruit, and I eat breakfast around 9:30--either sugar free or lower sugar oatmeal or cream of wheat. I'm really big on the Special K cereal bars too. A lot of the foods I eat are what I consider volume foods (love to eat and that doesn't go away). Large portions, low calories!

I think the key to the success I'm having is my workout routine. I get up in the mornings at 4:00 and start working out on the elliptical around 4:30/5:00 and I don't stop until I've reached 60 minutes. I get about 2 hours of exercise on weekends too. On the weekends, I usually stick with egg whites and laughing cow cheese for breakfast and then what ever we are doing for lunch and dinner---but I keep it simple and snack on popcorn.

Today I noticed--my jacket will button, my necklace is too long, and I'm standing and sitting straight in my chair.

Here's a list!
    Negative Calorie Vegetables
    Asparagus
    Beet Root
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Carrot
    Cauliflower
    Celery Chicory
    Hot Chili
    Cucumber
    Garden cress