How has your weight affected your "love" life?

Options

Replies

• tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    for me a lot ,because i got shy
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My libido definitely suffered when I was heavier. Now I'm ready to go, but don't have anyone worthwhile to "engage" with. Finding someone to sleep with is the easy part - Finding someone you connect with IN ORDER to sleep with them is the hard part.
  • NessasMommy081311
    NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You said "love" life but I'm confused. Are you talking about SEX?

Well I'm single and having no sex so it hasn't changed that. haha But I imagine if I ever start having sex with a SO that I will be a lot more confident and comfortable aheming.

As far as dating is concerned, weight loss has improved my game. I am more confident, dress up a lot more in cuter clothes, wear heels a lot more, talk about working out with my dates, etc etc. I actually feel HOT when I go out on a date.

Lol, yes, sex. That's why the love was in quotations lol.
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    I'm amazed at how many people commented on this! I'm in the same boat as most of you. When me and my husband first got together, I was 135 lbs, and VERY flexible...then I gained around 75 lbs, and things haven't been so hott for a couple of years. Down 12 pounds now, and starting to be really flexible again, even though sometimes it's hard to fold myself over my gut lol.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    hasn't changed anything really... I have more energy now... but I am still a big girl... my fiance likes me CUDDLEY... so everything about me is an insane crazy turn on for him..

heck that works for me!!! LOL He worships my tummy practically LOL it's werid!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    meh, we'll see I guess. Im a hard rock/metal photographer so.... Im surrounded by beautiful people and my *kitten* stays behind the camera ;)

[but thank you :)]

You do realise this is because you're a lot hotter now? At least in their eyes anyway. I'd be much more inclined to think "oh I'll go for it" with someone more in my own league than seeing you and thinking..she's well out of my league no chance. Remember to a stranger you're just a hot girl not one that's lost weight, it's not the skin lol! (trust me I'm speaking from experience here) - I've had something similar where a friend wanted to ask me out and when I got fitter she gave up and didn't realise I'd liked her the whole time, maybe you need to make some first moves! :)
  • MostlyHealthyMomma
    MostlyHealthyMomma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nope, my sex life didn't decrease at all. However, I have two things working for me I suppose... 1. He's never known me to be smaller than 250lbs (but he will!) 2. He's a Navy boy so we have sex every chance we get because he has to be gone so much. Sexually deprived for your freedom... haha. I just posted on another forum talking about this, but we play dress up a lot so it helps me because I don't have to show off my stomach and we both get to have some fun :)
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ......I'm still waiting for somebody to add "it" to the MFP exercise database!

This. It was ok before, but it's way better now, and it's a much better work out!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    meh, we'll see I guess. Im a hard rock/metal photographer so.... Im surrounded by beautiful people and my *kitten* stays behind the camera ;)

[but thank you :)]

You do realise this is because you're a lot hotter now? At least in their eyes anyway. I'd be much more inclined to think "oh I'll go for it" with someone more in my own league than seeing you and thinking..she's well out of my league no chance. Remember to a stranger you're just a hot girl not one that's lost weight, it's not the skin lol! (trust me I'm speaking from experience here) - I've had something similar where a friend wanted to ask me out and when I got fitter she gave up and didn't realise I'd liked her the whole time, maybe you need to make some first moves! :)

lol thank you but they did know me when I was fat, so.... I gave up on falling in love and being in a relationship around Christmas of 05. Now I just used random men for sex and fall in love with adventures instead of combined futures with a person.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    73 lbs heavier, I was never approached. 73 lbs lighter, I'm approached on a regular basis by interested parties.

Too bad they're all like 15 years OLDER THAN ME! WTF!

Hey, don't knock it until you try it! LOL

:laugh: I was thinking the same - experience is a GOOD thing!

Totally agree... I prefer men much older than myself. They're generally more intelligent, more interesting, done with ****ing around, and FAR better in bed :wink:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Hmm, been with my husband since I was 14. I'm 25 now and we've always been fairly active in that department, but being slimmer has definitely made me a little more bendy in the bedroom. I'm the same size now as when we met, and aiming for smaller.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options

This. It was ok before, but it's way better now, and it's a much better work out!
    You have no idea how many times I've heard " you'll burn more calories if you're on top"
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Sex life is way improved. Now that the belly is gone, I can reach it again.

OMG!! lol
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options

You have no idea how many times I've heard " you'll burn more calories if you're on top"

i actually did add it lol it's under adult fun
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My wife and I were already overweight when we met, but while dieting we've both had more energy and uh things work a lot more efficiently!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier I wouldn't have been able to easily get a boyfriend, and a lot of guys would hit on me because they assumed I had a low self esteem and was an 'easy target'.

When I lost weight I had a fair few guys get crushes on me, ask me out, etc. so a lot definitely changed as guys wanted to be my boyfriend not just sleep with me.
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've never been what you might call a "normal" size (yet).. so I wouldn't know if my love life was different than anybody elses.. but I will say that I have always retained flexibility and strength and uhmm.. yup.. that helps keep things in that interesting level where they should be.. also, I have been blessed with a very attentive and sensual lover.. can I say that stuff on here?? LoL.. well, so I don't know if its even possible for our love life to get better, but I'm certainly open to the idea!
  • NessasMommy081311
    Options
    With me, when my husband and I first met (I was about 3 months shy of 18, and 135 pounds) he couldn't keep his hands off me. But now, things are different. Of course, we are both almost 23, have a 6 month old baby, and are taking care of my mother and my sister, so there isn't a lot of time or privacy, but I did notice after I started gaining weight the attraction was less for him. Since I started losing again though, I have been much more flexible, and feeling better about myself, and I know he notices that. Hoping to have a nice toned body by his birthday. If I do, I am going to get some ridiculously skimpy lingerie, and see how the night goes! ;-)
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ha! I've had guys start asking me out like crazy! It's a bit unexpected for me. I also get hit on quite a bit.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I've never had a boyfriend or been kissed, most likely because of my weight. That is definitely a motivation to lose weight.