Question for tall girls....

Options

Replies

• catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and my goal weight is 145. I have strong, muscular legs, and at 145, the rest of me is pretty slim, my tummy is flat, and my hips are still a little curvy (but I'll still only be a 10-12, considered a "plus size" by the industry). I'll be happy keeping it under 150, because maintenance is soooooooooooo much more important to me than a particular number. I'm done with yoyo-ing!

You'll know when you get there. It's what you look and feel good at, AND what you can maintain.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I think you need to see where you are when you get closer. I was aiming for 150, then decided maybe I'd try to go for 140. I'm at 152 now (at 5'9") and feel pretty good. I could probably go down a little more, but I'm happy with my clothing sizes (wearing 4 and 6 in pants and medium tops). I do need to tone up more and still have some stubborn belly fat that needs to go (since its my problem area, it will be the last thing to go). Mainly I'm aiming to clean up my eating and chip away at it that way, but I'd be happy staying around this weight.

Anyway, don't stress out over your goal number...just reserve the right to change your mind as you get closer!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 1" and currentlt 250 lbs. At my thinnest I was 130, but I had an eating disorder. My current goal is to be 175, but if I only make it to 190 (my wedding weight), I'll be thrilled. At 190, I was happy for the first time in my life and I didn't care if I was 25 lbs overweight. All that matters is your health and what you are comfortable with!
  • anti_rnd
    Options
    i'm 5'10 and cw is 149.9, gw is 127. i know plenty of tall girls and they look gorgeous in 150 but i look bulky and don't feel comfortable. i remember how it felt being 127 and gonna slowly but insistenly reach it.
  • SheWillNotFail46_5
    Options
    I have been looking/waiting for tall girl threads!! Im 5 10 and My lowest adult weight was about 195. I honestly feel incredible at that weight. Flat stomach and curvy. Felt comfortable wearing whatever. I also felt healthy and worked out regularly. Nobody belived that i weighed 200 pounds. I'm currently at 268 and and am aiming for 185ish to get my Bmi lower and get off that dang bmi scale as "overweight". At 200 my collar bones stuck out and my face was super thin so I know 140 wouldn't work for ME. Tall girls/ short girls everybody carries weight so differently. Its all about what weight u feel comfortable at and what looks good to you.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, currently 165 but my favourite, happiest weight was at 140. I once was at 130, but was way too skinny. With a bit of muscles this time around, I'm happy anywhere between 140-150. Totally depends on your frame! When I was 180 I didn't look nearly as good as some of the girls on here!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i am 5'8", big boned and currently at 145 lbs. my goal weight is anywhere between 135 and 139 (i want to get out of the 140's!). i was happy with my look when i was at 135 lbs however even at 145 lbs some people say i look skinny so i think losing another 10 lbs might be abit too much. i will see how i look when i reach 139 and take it from there.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for this thread.

I am 6 feet tall.

Highest weight ever 212
    Lowest weight ever 127

Fighting weight -- 155

First goal -- to get to healthy BMI -- 184.
    Second goal -- to get to 170. Doc says that would be perfect for me. I like being between 155 and 172. As soon as I cross over to 173, I can really feel the difference.

I can't get below 155 without histronics and at my age, I'm not interested in that anyway.

Current weight is 202. Even though I've only lost a few pounds, I really can feel the difference. I've started strength training at a gym and I LOVE it!
    I'm trying very hard to build up some muscle. I've become unusually "soft" and I really don't like it. My friends are all losing weight at a much faster pace, but my primary goal is to shape up.

95981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for this thread.

I am 6 feet tall.

Highest weight ever 212
    Lowest weight ever 127

Fighting weight -- 155

First goal -- to get to healthy BMI -- 184.
    Second goal -- to get to 170. Doc says that would be perfect for me. I like being between 155 and 172. As soon as I cross over to 173, I can really feel the difference.

I can't get below 155 without histronics and at my age, I'm not interested in that anyway.

Current weight is 202. Even though I've only lost a few pounds, I really can feel the difference. I've started strength training at a gym and I LOVE it!
    I'm trying very hard to build up some muscle. I've become unusually "soft" and I really don't like it. My friends are all losing weight at a much faster pace, but my primary goal is to shape up.

95981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm at 200 now and when I was 170 people said I looked too skinny....but I am athletic and work out about 10 hours a week....(3 kids put the weight on....well, no I put it on...and now I'm getting it back off)....I don't think I'll go much under 170, but when I get there - we'll re-evaluate to see how I feel.

Either way, I have a problem with fitting into jeans...my legs are too muscular...I am fitting into my size 14's again, but the legs are so darn tight...the waist is big...damn! So, that problem just gets worse the more weight I lose....

Oh well, add me if you want! :)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my goal is around 145 for the time being. The lowest I remember being was 132, and I looked a bit too skinny at that weight. I would recommend focusing on an ideal body fat % rather than a pound number.
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". I am currently 170lbs, goal weight of 145. I weighed 150 in high school at the same height (i'm 22) and think that is too big for me (size 10). I was mostly fat and little muscle, so my goal weight may need to be bumped up as I want to be toned. Basically, I picked right smack in the middle of the BMI chart as a way to start. I definately do not look good at my current weight when standing next to other people (by myself I think I look pretty sexy - just keep all the skiny b's away from me!).
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and my goal is 180 or 170. Whatever gets me in a size 12 or 10.
  • aquapussy
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2 and a large frame my goal weight was 168 and I got there but I keep going up 6 pounds and back down.

My lowest weight was 150 and I looked horrible -

I think I looked my best at like 163 164 but I don't think I'm going to get to that weight my body just doesn't want to cooperate.

It's really how you feel and if you like the way you look and if you lare healthy , but it sure is interesting how each of us have different weights even with the same body types.

Interesting, I am 5'8.5" also currently sitting at 164. I have a big frame, size 11 womens (9 mens) feet and bigger wrists. My wrists are bigger than my male spouses lol. I look ok but I still have butt flab I want to get rid of. I think my goal is around 150. Currently a size 10 but I think I can get down to a size 8.
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 140. I am currently at 150 and wear a size 7 or 9.
    I think alot of it depends on your frame.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and weigh about 150ish....varies about 3 pounds...
  • GThinMintG
    GThinMintG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love this! Anyone have any pictures of your success? I'd love to see what a tall girl looks like at around 170, a little lower than my goal but would still be really interesting.
  • brittyc1988
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and I'm just hoping to get down to 250 ish...for now that is!
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and when I was 140 I was extremely thin (collar bones, pelvic bones protruding etc.) My goal is 165 because I prefer a curvier figure but that is just a personal preference.