bump!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So I recalculated with my new weight... BMR is 1,330. Maintenance calories 1,994. A cut of 15% would be 1,695

I've currently set my MFP to 1700 goal and try to eat some exercise calories back... usually end up eating around 1400 net calories but not hungry and losing weight rather rapidly still...

Macros are set as Carb/Fat/Protein 30/30/40 - still want more carbs but am afraid of them - I am losing anywgere below the belt, but not around the stomach still!! grrr...

So should I be eating exercise calories back? Or no? What should my intake be right now? (I'm 168cm and 58-59kg right now).
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Nope - don't eat them back - Activity level suppose you need to eat these quantities to sustain these famous activities.
    For the macros, I always start by calculating the fat, proteins after, then carbs. On the sheet try the "ideals" macros; That would give you :
    F: 25-30%, P : 15-20% C: 50-55%

:)
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Just FYI for those of you that are concerned that you aren't eating enough to make up for your exercise calories (or concerned that you are under/overestimating your activity level because it doesn't match your day to day + your exercise)...

If you wear a HRM, add up your typical weeks worth of calorie burn via exercise and divide by 7 to get your daily average burn. Then put in your base lifestyle activity level, then go up 0.1, then 0.2, etc on the level until the calories added for exercise equal what your average exercise burn is.

Then you can just eat that goal calorie setting and don't worry about eating back your exercise calories (because you know it is fairly accurately already included in your activity settings...which gave you more daily calories to eat). If you do this and still eat back your exercise calories, then you will gain weight (or...at least not lose weight).

Hope that makes sense...sometimes I ramble a little too much :blushing:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Bumping to track updates :)
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.
  • jenniebean1680
    Options
    Ok, I have tried to use the excel sheet but of course my computer won't recognize the fact that Excel is supposed to do calculations, lol. I can enter stuff in the cells but it won't do any of the work!!

I figured out my average daily burn (about 300-350). I'm 5'2", 31 years old, and 134lbs (sigh). I'm eating 1800 cals/day right now. I wasn't losing at 2000/day, so I figured I'd try this. Anyone feel like plugging my info in there and letting me know if I'm anywhere close to where I should be, at least calories-wise? I shoot for macros of 50/25/25 or 40/30/30. I'd like to lose 10lbs.

Thanks in advance if anyone feels like helping a girl out!!! :)
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet!

But I have a question! I noticed that you say not to eat back your exercise calories and I totally understand why because you already take your exercise into account beforehand. But what if I was to set my activity level to sedentary / lightly active which gives me a BMR of 1614, maintenance of 1937 sedentary / 2098 light active and cut at 1646 sedentary / 1784 lightly active, could I then exercise 5/6 days a week and eat back my exercise calories? The thing is I don't want to set my activity level to 1.5 then feel guilty on my rest day or commit myself to exercise I might not be able to do.

I'm sure there's a good reason about when to factor in my exercise, I've just missed it somewhere!

I'm indecisive about whether to set my activity to sedentary or lightly active. I've always had it set to lightly active on MFP as I work in a kitchen 4 days a week, but they are short shifts (4-6 hours) and I also walk to school twice a day plus cleaning etc. I never log any of that sort of stuff but I know alot of people do.

Hope someone's got some good advice!
  • catbrand
    Options
    Ok, I have tried to use the excel sheet but of course my computer won't recognize the fact that Excel is supposed to do calculations, lol. I can enter stuff in the cells but it won't do any of the work!!

I figured out my average daily burn (about 300-350). I'm 5'2", 31 years old, and 134lbs (sigh). I'm eating 1800 cals/day right now. I wasn't losing at 2000/day, so I figured I'd try this. Anyone feel like plugging my info in there and letting me know if I'm anywhere close to where I should be, at least calories-wise? I shoot for macros of 50/25/25 or 40/30/30. I'd like to lose 10lbs.

Hi, I've worked you out using lightly active (1.3) and moderately active (1.5) I can try another one if you want though. This is what I came up with:

Lightly Active:
    BMR: 1262
    Maintenance: 1641
    Cut: 1395
    Build: 1887

Moderately Active:
    Maintenance: 1894
    Cut: 1610
    Build: 2178

Hope that helps!
  • jenniebean1680
    Options

Hi, I've worked you out using lightly active (1.3) and moderately active (1.5) I can try another one if you want though. This is what I came up with:

Lightly Active:
    Maintenance: 1641
    Cut: 1395
    Build: 1887

Moderately Active:
    Maintenance: 1894
    Cut: 1610
    Build: 2178

Hope that helps!

OMG thank you so much. I have a sedentary job but I work out 6 days a week for an average of an hour or so. I think that would put me at the next level up, right? Would you be willing to do that one for me, too?? I'm sorry to be a pain!

I think you should consider your job lightly active for sure. Sedentary is my job, sitting at my desk on the computer all day. You do a lot more standing and moving around and walking than I do in my job. I just kill it in the gym or on my runs, lol.
  • catbrand
    Options

OMG thank you so much. I have a sedentary job but I work out 6 days a week for an average of an hour or so. I think that would put me at the next level up, right? Would you be willing to do that one for me, too?? I'm sorry to be a pain!

I think you should consider your job lightly active for sure. Sedentary is my job, sitting at my desk on the computer all day. You do a lot more standing and moving around and walking than I do in my job. I just kill it in the gym or on my runs, lol.

No problem! Here is the one for very active (1.7)

BMR 1262
    Maintenance: 2186
    Cut 1824
    Build: 2468

Yeah I did decide to go for lightly active in the end, now the weather is getting warmer work will be getting busier so I'll definitely bemore active!!
  • jenniebean1680
    Options

Yeah I did decide to go for lightly active in the end, now the weather is getting warmer work will be getting busier so I'll definitely bemore active!!

Thank you soooooo much! You are such a huge help. :) Good, I'm glad, because that kind of job is def lightly active. And if you're planning on walks and such now that Spring is on its way, then that is even more of a reason to pick that!

I am very hopeful that I will finally start losing again if I follow Razique's 'cut' for me... Lately I have been gaining. Honestly, gaining at 2000, so I feel like I'm broken, since I should be maintaining at that, if not losing very slowly. I'm trying so hard not to revert back to cutting WAY back on calories but it's so tempting when all I see is the scale creeping up every week. :,(
  • kfareed
    kfareed Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Razique , how do you manage to get 62% protein on your macro partitioning? seems like v. high protein,
    please share sample meals/recipies for a day or so..
    thanks,
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    I don't have 62% from proteins - my current intakes :
    ON :
    525 grams of carbs
    210 grams of proteins
    40 grams of fat

OFF Days :
    200 grams of carbs
    210 grams of proteins
    100 grams of fat
    :)
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Is this still being updated or is the final draft out there?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been googling "TDEE calculator" and checking it out every few weeks. Now I can just update my numbers in this spreadsheet. It says I will lose 1.25 lbs per week (.57 kilos) and I've lost 1.2 lbs per week on average, so it seems right on and like I'm not under-estimating consumption/over-estimating burns too much. Love the weight evolution predictions. :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Yup it's indeed the last version :
    http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls
    http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.ods

I'm actually splitting across different tabs the several functionalities, but takes a bit time since I need to update every formula :)
    I'll let you know when it'll be ok
  • mestop1
    mestop1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :love: