Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Razique, what is an intermittent fasting plan?

Snakes
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Hi, the IF is a protocol for which you fast during 16 hours and have a feeding window of 8 hours.
    It's a very interesting protocol which can be either very simple : #1 : you fast, #2 : you eat your calories and enjoy
    or, being a perfectionist, optimized around the trainnings. Macros are managed per meal, with 3 meals a day, every one having it's own particularities (pre-wo meal contains more carbs, the last meal, contains slow-assimilated proteins meals ; during off days, fat intake is much more higher than ON days, while, during OFF days, I eat only 60% of my total, etcc...)
    For a better explanation : http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

So I build an IF simulator with a 3 meals ON days, and two kind of OFF days : one which follows the protocol, eg : first meal, big one, and another one, for which the last one is the biggest one (eg familiy dinner, restaurant, etc...) :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    good stuff. Like the IF thing also but remember that Martin has said that total macros is more important than optimal meal timing so getting down to the correct grams of protein per meal etc is probably majoring in the minors :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Yup you are right :-)
    In fact I even tried to do both :p Since I've working hours, I wanted at least try to fit the macros, but hit the total - the sheet uses the total intake a source for calculation ;)
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump :bigsmile:
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    It's fab, but just one correction, sorry.

Your womens lbs weight evolution (column L) is multiplying the mens column (column J) and it should be the womens Kg column (column K.)

It's really evolving - well done :)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    I've just fixed it :)
    Meanwhile I've added a new column : "My weight evolution" that would help you to track down you weigh accross weeks. The deviation allows you to see if your gain/ lose speed remain or not in the track :)
    URL :
    http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Updated the IF plan. OFF days @ 60% of the total intake lower too much IMHO - so I uppered @ 80 %
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Updated the IF plan. OFF days @ 60% of the total intake lower too much IMHO - so I uppered @ 80 %

Would be pretty sweet if you could customise the %'s.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Yup, I was thinking about that. That's the next update.
    I'll make 2 fiels :
    One % for the OFF days
    One % for the meals reparition :)
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your work! i have a question, What should I put in Current Calorie Intake? Is it my calorie goal that is set by MFP or the amount of calories I eat on average daily?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    That's the calories you eat everyday, by extension, your MFP goals! :)
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooooooo much for this
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    You welcome :D Updates to come :d
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Hi, the IF is a protocol for which you fast during 16 hours and have a feeding window of 8 hours.
    It's a very interesting protocol which can be either very simple : #1 : you fast, #2 : you eat your calories and enjoy
    or, being a perfectionist, optimized around the trainnings. Macros are managed per meal, with 3 meals a day, every one having it's own particularities (pre-wo meal contains more carbs, the last meal, contains slow-assimilated proteins meals ; during off days, fat intake is much more higher than ON days, while, during OFF days, I eat only 60% of my total, etcc...)
    For a better explanation : http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

So I build an IF simulator with a 3 meals ON days, and two kind of OFF days : one which follows the protocol, eg : first meal, big one, and another one, for which the last one is the biggest one (eg familiy dinner, restaurant, etc...) :)

This is great. I've just started IF'ing and still trying to educate myself on the details of it. Am going to take a look at your spreadsheet!
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options