Thank you. That was very kind.:flowerforyou:
  • lulua123
    lulua123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay what does TDEE stand for? I know it's probably a stupid question, but please humor me.

Plus, the spreadsheet states:
    "Mifflin-St Jeor(FOR WOMEN)"
    BMR 1,314
    Maintenance 1,971
    Cut (@ 15%) 1,675
    Build (@ 15%) 2,266

So my 1200 calorie mfp goal is a bit low then to be losing weight? I haven't been losing that much, so would that be that "starvation" mode I have been in because I'm not eating enough?

Thank you for all your help!
  • chellehubcap
    Options
    Bump for later! Thank you!!
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jkb7389
    Options
    This looks very interesting and helpful, but I don't understand what everything means. :( Can someone explain it in detail for me? It would be greatly appreciated! :) I'm new to this weight loss thing. Doing what I've been doing, I'm not even able to average a weight loss of 2 lbs a week, which is what they say is "healthy". Thank you again in advance!!!!
  • Katgan
    Katgan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am new to the forum and don't understand all the "bumps". Why would someone bump a topic that is already near the top? It's very annoying to attempt to read a topic where over half of the comments are bumps.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am new to the forum and don't understand all the "bumps". Why would someone bump a topic that is already near the top? It's very annoying to attempt to read a topic where over half of the comments are bumps.

Replying to a topic also puts it into the 'my topics' category where a person can find it more quickly later w/o having to search the forums for it. :-)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Okay what does TDEE stand for? I know it's probably a stupid question, but please humor me.

Plus, the spreadsheet states:
    "Mifflin-St Jeor(FOR WOMEN)"
    BMR 1,314
    Maintenance 1,971
    Cut (@ 15%) 1,675
    Build (@ 15%) 2,266

So my 1200 calorie mfp goal is a bit low then to be losing weight? I haven't been losing that much, so would that be that "starvation" mode I have been in because I'm not eating enough?

Thank you for all your help!

TDEE is 'total daily energy expenditure'. BMR is what your body burns if you don't roll out of bed that day, TDEE is a calorie estimation that takes your activity into account on top of the BMR 'calories you burn in a coma' number. :-)
  • jkb7389
    Options
    Weight (in kilos) 112.85
    Height (in cm) 68.5
    Age 24
    Activity Level 1.5 (This is a guess... I work a desk job w/occasional trips up/down stairs. I also do 30-45 mins of cardio exercise 5 days per week)
    Body Fat (in %) (for M-McArdie only) I don't know this number
    Current calories intake 1390 (This is the number MFP says I should be eating to lose 2 lbs/week)

Any help??
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Weight (in kilos) 112.85
    Height (in cm) 68.5
    Age 24
    Activity Level 1.5 (This is a guess... I work a desk job w/occasional trips up/down stairs. I also do 30-45 mins of cardio exercise 5 days per week)
    Body Fat (in %) (for M-McArdie only) I don't know this number
    Current calories intake 1390 (This is the number MFP says I should be eating to lose 2 lbs/week)

Any help??

Hi there - I think you have your height wrong - in order for you to be 68.5 cm you'd have to be about 27 inches tall, judging from your picture you are not a 'little person' so I'm thinking you are 68.5 inches tall which would make you 178.99 cm. :-) If you put in those numbers and ignore the bf% since you don't know it, the results you should be looking at are the ones labeled 'Mifflin St.-Jeor (for women) (third one down on the left-hand side) which shows this:
    "Mifflin-St Jeor
    (FOR WOMEN)" BMR 1,936
    Maintenance 2,904
    Cut (@ 15%) 2,468
    Build (@ 15%) 3,339

What that means is the formula is estimating that your body burns about 1,936 per day even if you were to stay in bed all day (BMR), and with an activity level of 1.5 it estimates your total burn throughout the day is around 2,904.

If you look over on the far right-hand side where it says 'Weight evolution (for women)" it shows how you might expect to weigh-in each week if you eat daily the amount that you entered in the 'current calorie intake' field. Based on the calculations given, if you put in a daily intake of 1,904 (taking 1000 off of the 'maintenance' number calculated) you could expect to lose 2 lbs per week, if all the numbers are correct. (i.e. if your guess at your activity level is on-target). That would be your total calories, not net. But a lot of people on this forum recommend not eating less than your BMR number, so if you agree with that line of thinking you might want to eat slightly more (since it calculated your BMR at 1,936). *If* all the numbers are correct. If you stick with a particular plan for a few weeks and do not get the expected results, you could tweak your activity level number to get a different calorie suggestion and try that out.

You said your MFP goal is 1390 - are you eating that *total* or are you also eating exercise calories? What is your average total calories?
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!! Thank you !!!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    You all welcome :drinker:
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump ?
  • MelBee29
    Options
    keeping this on file for later :wink:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    I'm adding a small Intermittent Fasting chart, which helps to know how much cal. I'd need to eat per eat, and the macros repartition
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    The sheet has been updated, now there is an intermittent fasting plan which is proposed :
    URL :
    http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls