Replies

• lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    The realistic one are close to my measures. Would you provide me your measures so I can create a third macros plan?
    You are not the first one to tell me this. So I a third should do it :)

Height: 155cm
    Weight: 68.5kg
    Activity Level 1.2
    Body Fat: Don't know

Is that what you needed?

Thanks

And your current intake too :) Macros use that value ;)
  • mgoulsbra
    mgoulsbra Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The realistic one are close to my measures. Would you provide me your measures so I can create a third macros plan?

Activity Level 1.2

Is that what you needed?

Thanks

I put current intake as 1200 (and before anyone says anything, I know it's low... that's why I was looking at the spreadsheet - to see what changes I should be making)
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. You rock!
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    @ all : you can download it again, the plans were not working correctly.
    I've removed the weigh gain/ lose split, since being in deficit invert both charts.
    Now you know how you weight will evolve accross weeks based on how much you eat :)
    I'd like to have feedbacks regarding the macros repartition. I've added an "alternative" macros lines, but input from people with weird results excepted thanks! (I need your daily intakes)
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options

Activity Level 1.2

Is that what you needed?

Thanks

I put current intake as 1200 (and before anyone says anything, I know it's low... that's why I was looking at the spreadsheet - to see what changes I should be making)

Thanks!!
    So here is what you should try
    Higher your intakes to 1400 calories per day.
    Please re-download the sheet, I updated it for your values - the "alternative" macros has been updated based on your input.
    You have now all the infos to start on Monday your new shiny weight lose plan :flowerforyou:
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mgoulsbra
    mgoulsbra Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Activity Level 1.2

Is that what you needed?

Thanks

Thanks!!
    Please re-download the sheet, I updated it for your values - the "alternative" macros has been updated based on your input.
    You have now all the infos to start on Monday your new shiny weight lose plan :flowerforyou:

Sorry if I am being dumb, but I downloaded the new sheet, and put in 1400 for intake as you suggest - but that then shows I'll lose 0.14kg per week. In order to achieve the safe 0.45kg per week I have to adjust the calorie intake to 1050. What am I doing wrong?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    That where these kind of calculations show their limits :)
    Try to put the 1400 calories anyway (that won't do any harm) and every week weight yourself. Based on your weight :
    If you lose too slowly : you can reduce your intakes
    too quickly : lower slightly :)
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Wonderful tool. I am just a bit confused about the macros. What is the difference between Realistic and Ideal? Can I choose either an expect results?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Realistic : Mine
    Ideal : Ideals that I can't stick too (I'm way overy protein)
    Alternative : For people who get incoherent results :laugh:
    In fact, you should chose ideal, if it contains around 20-30% fat, 55% carbs, and the rest in proteins :)
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Realistic : Mine
    Ideal : Ideals that I can't stick too (I'm way overy protein)
    Alternative : For people who get incoherent results :laugh:
    In fact, you should chose ideal, if it contains around 20-30% fat, 55% carbs, and the rest in proteins :)

Thanks! That is helpful. I will give "ideal" a spin!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, thanks! I wonder if there's a way to request for sticky?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    I'll ask :)
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump, in case there's gonna be some more changes! I LOVE stuff like that :D Cheers, man!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Activity Level 1.2

Is that what you needed?

Thanks

Thanks!!

Sorry if I am being dumb, but I downloaded the new sheet, and put in 1400 for intake as you suggest - but that then shows I'll lose 0.14kg per week. In order to achieve the safe 0.45kg per week I have to adjust the calorie intake to 1050. What am I doing wrong?

What did you use as your activity level? This sheet is different then MFP, as you should include your exercise into activity level. So instead of using 1.2 up it to 1.4 or higher depending on how much you workout.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am very interested in this but I want to check and make sure I'm doing it right - first off, I'm used to the MFP way of determining activity level so it's hard to wrap my brain around setting it to anything other than 'sedentary' - I'm a stay-at-home-mom who cleans the house and does the shopping (I was taking those activities as 'freebie' calories and kept my activity level at sedentary on MFP), my exercise currently consists of Jillian Michaels dvds, usually the ones w/ weights but sometimes just cardio, generally for between 35-60 minutes per day with an occasional day for rest. My HRM usually estimates that I burn around 250 for the 35 minute workout and around 450-500 on the days that I go for an hour. How should I set my activity level? Do I try to account for the exercise or do I set it at sedentary or lightly active and then add back in my exercise calories on top of the goal it gives me? MFP currently has me set at 1390 per day for 1/2 lb per week, I normally end up eating 1700-2000 on workout days and I normally lose 1/2-1 lb per week (though I thought it would be even slower at this point since I'm only 7 lbs from goal), in order for me to get the formula to show that range for the 'cut' I have to put in an activity level of 1.6-1.8, which makes me nervous! Am I *really* that active based on the amount I workout? I mean I guess I have to be if the numbers work out, it's just hard for me to believe.....

Also, for comparison I tried to fill in the bodyfat % - I used 2 calculators online (one covert-bailey on fat2fitradio.com and one on scientificpsychic.com) - one told me 21.9% and one told me 26.7% so I took the average between the two and entered 24.3%. Comparing the Katch-McArdle and the Mifflin-St Jeor they are very close (one bmr 1312 and the other 1288).

Thanks for putting this together, it is really fascinating and I'm going to run my husband's numbers next. He has been working hard for a month and a half now, lost 5 lbs straight away in the beginning but has been stuck bouncing between the same couple of lbs since then and he's getting frustrated. He's 5'10", 190 lbs, works a desk job and works out with me about 35 minutes per day I'd say 5-6 days per week, his HRM estimates that he burns around 400-450 calories on good workout days. How should I set his activity level? I also have his measurements and will try to estimate his bodyfat % on those websites and see what happens. He has been trying to eat 1500 minimum plus his exercise calories, I can see changes in his body (although his measurements have not changed very much) but the weight is not moving.

Also, when we type in the 'current calorie intake' that's total, not net, right?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    It's your daily intake, regardless the trainnings you have, since we suppose the activity level cover them :)
  • BumInTheSun73
    BumInTheSun73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks so much for this! Look forward to checking it out :)