Pepsi Max vs. Coke Zero

Options

Replies

• mhoadley
    mhoadley Posts: 27
    Options
    I think you should avoid all diet sodas!! I just broke the habbit. It was really hard to do and after 3 weeks I am still struggling with it. Although I feel so much better now that I drink only water. My weight loss is improving also. I feel more clear minded and energized now as well. Look into aspertaime poisening, bad stuff and I feel so true.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Absolute fallacy that they stop you losing weight. Does my picture below look like it stopped me? Cherry Pepsi Max is the best! :bigsmile:

15809555_8581.jpg

thank goodness for people like you! i get so sick of people going on about it affecting weight loss... sure if you drink 2 litres of the stuff a day on top of all your food and other water you'll weigh 2kg heavier! It's water pretty much! And i never had teeth trouble or anything else because I have a good balanced diet and look after my oral (wheeeey!) health too!
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    Pepsi Max all the way, I do agree people should drink water but cutting out these drinks alltogether if you enjoy them personally is just torturing your self when you can have them in moderation
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Ive been drinking Coke Zero for 3 years I use to comsume Mountain Due like it was water so I have made huge gains in my drinks . I still drink Coke Zero and ive lost 46 lbs in 4 + months if you like it drink it .Come on do we need to stop eating and drinking everything ........
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.

Coke Zero and Pepsi Max taste gross.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Diet Coke and refuse to give it up. :(
    I've tried many times and can't.

Same here. I've been diet soda free since the new year, and holy **** has it been tough at times. The cravings are dying down, sort of, but there are still times... Funny how "I need a drink." has nothing to do with alcohol.

So, if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose mango flavored rooibos tea.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max all the way! The people saying that there's something off about the taste of Pepsi Max, it's because it actually has taste! Coke zero & diet coke taste like they are watered down. M personal order of preference:

Pepsi Max
    Diet Dr. Pepper (Dr. Pepper 10 also)
    Diet Dew
    Diet A&W
    Diet Sunkist

As for those studies that say people who drink diet pop tend to be overweight, (Insert sound of a raspberry here). When I first started to get in shape, the first week the only change I made to my lifestyle was switching from regular to diet pop, and I lost 5 pounds in 1 week. Regular pop has empty calories & that will put the poundage on quicker than diet pop.

<Climbs down from soapbox>
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Either; with a double shot of Jack Daniels, 3 ice cubes and a wedge of lime.

Cheers!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My husband works for Pepsi, and has been doing too much overtime lately which is only going to get worse as summer approaches, so.... DRINK COKE! :drinker:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Diet pop will kill your cat. make you fat and turn you into a rat. This has all be scientifically proven.
  • brenteesha
    Options
    Neither is health food, but that said, I'm pretty sure Pepsi Max has more caffeine.
    It definitely does -- I've checked the labels. They list the amount of caffeine included. It has guarana as well.
  • brenteesha
    Options
    Either; with a double shot of Jack Daniels, 3 ice cubes and a wedge of lime.

Cheers!
    Best comment award!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I drink diluted crystal light
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    pepsi max yummmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Pepsi max!! Its my favorite......way lower in sodium than coke zero and it has more caffeine which for me is something I like. I will drink coke zero though if I had to choose between that and reg diet coke or pepsi.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I think you should avoid all diet sodas!! I just broke the habbit. It was really hard to do and after 3 weeks I am still struggling with it. Although I feel so much better now that I drink only water. My weight loss is improving also. I feel more clear minded and energized now as well. Look into aspertaime poisening, bad stuff and I feel so true.
    It's scaremongering. Look into actual research (not articles, blogs but actual peer reviewed clinical studies) and you'll find that these anti diet soda proponents pick and choose information that makes aspartame look bad.
    EX: Proponents will scare you into thinking that diet soda is filling your body up with formaldehyde. While true, the minute amount isn't harmful to the body. What they NEGLECT to say is the same phenomenon also happens when you consume fruit and vegetables.
    So don't buy into everything you read, especially pseudoscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    coke zero, not to be confused with diet coke - very very different!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the way either of them taste, so I don't drink them. If you like one, the other, or both, then drink it in moderation!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    It's scaremongering. Look into actual research (not articles, blogs but actual peer reviewed clinical studies) and you'll find that these anti diet soda proponents pick and choose information that makes aspartame look bad.
    EX: Proponents will scare you into thinking that diet soda is filling your body up with formaldehyde. While true, the minute amount isn't harmful to the body. What they NEGLECT to say is the same phenomenon also happens when you consume fruit and vegetables.
    So don't buy into everything you read, especially pseudoscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I love your posts mate. Always to the point and full of fact not folklore! :bigsmile:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Absolute fallacy that they stop you losing weight. Does my picture below look like it stopped me? Cherry Pepsi Max is the best! :bigsmile:

15809555_8581.jpg

There is cherry? I will have to look for that. I love the cherry with dry rum.