lets ban light house cleaning from mfp

Options

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried to climb the steps of a lighthouse? Not even thinking about mopping each step as you go and scrubbing the walls! Anyone who has committed to lighthouse cleaning has undertaken a serious task and you should be ashamed for making...er...light of their work!

I agree! I'll remember to log in next time i clean a light house:bigsmile:
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    Wow, I bet it's fun to be YOUR friend. WTF do you care what someone else considers exercise? Frankly I NEVER clean my own house, I pay someone to do it. So those rare times when I do a deep clean I have worn my HRM and I do break a sweat. Of course I'm a fat@ss so what's strenuous and burns calories for me probably wouldn't do a thing for someone as fit and awesome as yourself.

It's actually quite fun being his friend :D
    I see his point and I see yours also. The bigger problem is the fact you got so worked up over a silly post
    Also light housecleaning does not do anything calories burned wise bc if it had I would be in great shape because I clean a mean house DAILY!
  • MontgomeryRats
    Options
    You know, it makes more sense to MY judgmental side to actually work toward a productive goal such as getting your house clean or your clothes washed than to exercise with a DVD in front of your TV... just sayin'.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I would like to start a movement to eliminate the laziness of some of our fellow mfp pals. Lets help them help themselves!!!

Who put you in charge of deciding who is lazy and "eliminating" their laziness? This is my issue with SO MANY people here. I am here for myself and I will log what I choose, when I choose, and if I have to I will call out every one of you who thinks you're better than other people and who evidently believe in a god who has appointed you the arbiter of who is "healthy enough" not to be mocked and/or "banned.". WTF is wrong with people?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    ...and here's how you can claim it.

She puts in a french maid outfit and high heels.
    Grabs the vacuum
    Starts to vacuum "vigorously".
    :cue brown chicken brown cow: music
  • HeidiDarlene
    Options
    I've even seen "taking a shower" as calories burned! Really?

Really?!! SMH
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I put in "restless leg syndrome" since reading that a really good bouncy leg can eat 25 calories per hour.

In a 6-8 hour day, that's nothing to scoff at!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    How many calories can I burn for being judgmental?

^ +1
    Have you ever tried to climb the steps of a lighthouse? Not even thinking about mopping each step as you go and scrubbing the walls! Anyone who has committed to lighthouse cleaning has undertaken a serious task and you should be ashamed for making...er...light of their work!

^ Seriously. Try vacuuming carpeted stairs while holding the vacuum cleaner in one hand. Better workout than doing a bunch of bicep curls.

So true!

Or scrubbing a floor - old school, hands and knees style. My arms are like jello afterward.

I've said this before - different people have different fitness levels. For some - myself included - cleaning the house for hours gets my heart rate up more than walking sometimes. I just don't understand why other people care so much how people get their exercise. Not everyone can go to a gym or buy an expensive piece of equipment. People need to do what works for them. If I'm doing something that gets my heart rate up for more than 20 minutes, I count it as exercise.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Wow, I bet it's fun to be YOUR friend. WTF do you care what someone else considers exercise? Frankly I NEVER clean my own house, I pay someone to do it. So those rare times when I do a deep clean I have worn my HRM and I do break a sweat. Of course I'm a fat@ss so what's strenuous and burns calories for me probably wouldn't do a thing for someone as fit and awesome as yourself.

I see his point and I see yours also. The bigger problem is the fact you got so worked up over a silly post
    Also light housecleaning does not do anything calories burned wise bc if it had I would be in great shape because I clean a mean house DAILY!

Exactly, same thing goes for a cleaning lady, neither would be sedentary. So if a desk job person cleans the house why not count it. Who cares.
  • GLORIAGEAN
    GLORIAGEAN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Why don't you worry about what you are logging, and quit worrying about what other people are doing. If they are on your friends list and you don't like what they log, remove them. You never know what other peoples circumstances are, so don't JUDGE.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    Just the fact that I can do light house cleaning is a big accomplishment considering a year ago I could hardly move because of illness. Let people get their exercise in however they can get it. Who are you to judge. You do you and let others do themselves
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For some people, that is exercise especially if you hardly do any physical activity. I am not saying I agree with it, but for some people that light exercise could be the only exercise they are physically able to do.

I don't care what other people log, it doesn't affect me in any way
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options

calories out is only 1/2 of the equation, but it is nice to see you stand up for your friend.
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WOW.....dont know what to say...rude?
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    It's personal choice, leave them alone, MFP is a personal journey, it has no effect on you, so why cause a problem?
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    let's ban judging other peoples choices under the guise of "helping" them.

agreed!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    ...and here's how you can claim it.

She puts in a french maid outfit and high heels.
    Grabs the vacuum
    Starts to vacuum "vigorously".
    :cue brown chicken brown cow: music

Have you been talking to my hubby?
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks dave!! this whole thread makes me giggle :smile:
  • PBRfan2
    PBRfan2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Burning calories is burning calories. For some, it's very helpful and motivational to be able to see that even everyday activities like light housecleaning are still better than sitting around doing nothing. Knowledge is power.

Agreed!! Especially for those who may have some type of disability and cannot workout in the traditional sense; these small activities may be the only "exercise" they can achieve so why not let those activities count?? All is fair and no holds barred in tracking calories burned!! A calorie burned is a calorie burned no matter the method! :happy:
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would like to start a movement to eliminate the laziness of some of our fellow mfp pals. Lets help them help themselves!!!

Who put you in charge of deciding who is lazy and "eliminating" their laziness? This is my issue with SO MANY people here. I am here for myself and I will log what I choose, when I choose, and if I have to I will call out every one of you who thinks you're better than other people and who evidently believe in a god who has appointed you the arbiter of who is "healthy enough" not to be mocked and/or "banned.". WTF is wrong with people?
    . I don't take advice from smurfs. You are only 3 apples tall. Plus I'm the HYNIC!!!!__
This discussion has been closed.