Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    CUZ I'M FAAAATTTTT
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm Italian! I eat because I'm happy, because I'm sad, because we have company over, because I'm alone, to celebrate, to mourn, you name it! I do what I love, read, write a blog, surf on here for success stories that inspire me, talk on the phone to a supportive friend, exercise, or go to bed if I don't think I can outrun the craving any other way. For me food is my weakness so I'm trying to reframe my thinking and make food less of a reward/treat and more of fuel my body needs. I'm trying to become enamored with the science of it all, and view it in a whole new way. So far, so good. :)
  • MichelleDurrance
    Options
    To get fat! yeap thats the reason...I thought if I got fat I would be unattractive to men. (first to marriages were NIGHTMARES) so I ate to repulse men. Guess what didn't work guys like fat chicks too...Im so happy to be in a healthy realationship now I wish I was skinny again :grumble:
  • jcnuebel
    jcnuebel Posts: 19
    Options
    I was totally clueless about portion control, especially when it came to treats. I would think nothing about eating 10 thin mint cookies. The serving size is TWO. When you eat huge portions several times a day, it adds up. I am going through a divorce as well. Working on fitness and my diet has given me something else to focus on, instead of the pain. On the flipside, I am so stressed that preparing and cooking healthy meals takes a back seat sometimes to convenience. :cry:
  • fluguma
    fluguma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My problem is portion control, when I cook a meal or go to dinner somewhere I always eat way to much! A friend of mine is so good with portions, she eats whatever she wants but about a 1/3 of what I would if I sat down to eat the same thing. Doing this she has lost over 30 pounds! Why can't I just buy willpower at the grocery store???
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's fun. Seriously, not everyone is fat because of emotional issues. Food tastes good and I'm lazy.

Darn straight.

I also sometimes overeat when I'm mad at myself, but for the most part it's just because I enjoy eating. It tastes great and feels good to eat.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Hormones. I only eat when I'm hungry. My body uses hormones to tell me when I'm hungry.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think there is always a reason that people over eat. Either depression or stress or something like that.

I genuinely don't think I overeat because of any particular reason at all. I just really like food, especially junk food, such as biscuits, sweets, crisps. And sadly I can't stop at just one biscuit.

I've just yesterday ordered a book about overeating, maybe that will give me more insight in it. But really, I think I'm just greedy :laugh:
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    It's fun. Seriously, not everyone is fat because of emotional issues. Food tastes good and I'm lazy.

Tell that to Bob & Jillian.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I over eat when I feel like I've disappointed others or if I feel like I'll be alone soon.

I gotta stop that ****.
  • kellyjervis
    Options
    I can over-eat using any "excuse" - happy, sad, bored....also I really really love food :ohwell:
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I overeat because I like food! It's delicious, and the most delicious kinds are the worst for you. And the more delicious it tastes, the more I want of it. Eating is just REALLY enjoyable to me, definitely more than it should be...but I am working on it :-)
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Tell that to Bob & Jillian.

^^^ THIS x10000000
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    80% of the time it's because I'm simply not paying attention. The other 10% is when I'm bored and the last 10% is when I've just worked out really hard the last day or two and my body needs it.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Because it tastes good and portions are too big now and I feel like I paid for it I want to eat it all even though I am super stuffed after!! So now I have limited myself to not eating out and making my own meals using portion control and measure everything!!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am a huge emotional eater! I eat when i'm happy, sad, furious, depressed, bored etc etc. And then I'm cursed with craving carbs from having pcos, so thats a struggle in itself.

To curb the hunger lately i've been making sure to reach for a glass of water first before i head to the pantry :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Because food is so yummy
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

me to oh...and babies....and i :heart: booze

th_drunk.jpg
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    cuz food is delicious.....mmmm
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since I've been working out so much I get hungrier, it's really annoying but if I'm hungry I'm going to eat!