Anyone else just need to lose 10-15 lbs?

Options

Replies

• missfancy1980
    Options
    Any already active and healthy people out there that just have 10-15 lbs to lose?? And how are you doing it?

Well, I want to lose 17lbs if that counts.. i'm 130 right now. It's going slow hahaha. I lost 1lb 2 weeks ago and nothing since. I've been eating 1200 cals a day and exercising 6 x per week 60 - 90 mins, and never eat back my exercise calories. I'm currently switching things up a bit to see if i can speed up weight loss - people have suggested eating more calories (to avoid starvation mode), drinking more water to flush out sodium, eating more protein and less carbs, and perhaps doing less exercise. Not quite sure where to go with it yet but I'll let you know once I've figured it out...
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So far this week I've changed my workout habits. Rather than sticking to just cardio mostly, I've been doing circuit training and BOY have I been SORE!! I noticed little things are changing but nothing big since its only been a week. Also I increased my cals by a couple hundred, so now I'm at 1400/day. And I at least TRY to eat most of my exercise cals back.

One of my favorite post-workout meals is a hemp shake! Hemp is a complete food... It has fat, protein, AND fiber!! Its a little earthy tasting, but I love it! I just had a shake with unsweetened coconut milk, 2 tbsp hemp seeds, frozen spinach (for my veggies) and half a cup chopped pineapple. Yum yum!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting at the moment and have around 10lbs left to lose.

How I'm doing it:
    2000 calories a day (+ exercise cals) to lose slowly, 0.5-1lb a week.
    Regular "heavy" strength training 4 x a week
  • allim
    allim Posts: 21
    Options
    ME!!!!!!!!!

And my "down fall" is the NON-NEGOTIABLES that I have....such as my weekly wine, dinner out with the husb, and a splurge take-out lunch. I figure these calculate to 2275 calories, over and above the mandated 1200 per week that I will need to compensate for.

So - I have been "set" at 1200 cal per day and 1770 calories to burn through excersise. fine - no prob.

So - my question is, do I need to to EAT 1200 calories and BURN 4045 calories? (1770 + 2275?) cause that seems WHACK.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    That would be me. Well, I've already lost 112 and now at my last 10 to 15. It's now a major battle that I'm determined to win. I've been plateaued for about 3 months and working every angle to get things moving.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elf_am
    elf_am Posts: 1
    Options
    hi im a bit newer at this but I am trying to lose the last 5-7 pounds. Can you guys explain to me why it's better that I have a higher calorie intake for this? I was at 1300 before but after reading this Im getting the sense that I should up it so im losing 0.5 per week!

anyyy help would be great :)
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I lost 16, and I'm looking to lose 10-15 more!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    This is me too!

I lost 14 lbs so far and have 5-8 more to go (depending on pant size/how I feel).
  • MysteriousWays
    MysteriousWays Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose the last 15-20 for a few years now. For over a month, I've tried the eat only my allotted calories (1320). Maybe if I had a high calorie burn, I'd eat some back. And I lost nothing. Or I'd lose, then gain. Or stay the same. I'm trying a different approach and upping my intake to at least 1500-1600 and eating back some of exercise calories. I've also started strength training twice a week to add to my running/cardio. Lastly, I am hiding my scale for a month and just working on measurements. We'll see where I am at the end of the month and go from there. I've learned that no answer is finite when it comes to my body.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Three left! I had 17.5. I'm counting calories, eating some exercise calories back, and working out everyday. I noticed not eating so much at night has helped.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    been stuck on tryin to lose the last 10lbs for bout 2 years now. I want to be 135 but the lowest I've been able to get down to was 142.
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    That would be me. Well, I've already lost 112 and now at my last 10 to 15. It's now a major battle that I'm determined to win. I've been plateaued for about 3 months and working every angle to get things moving.

OUTSTANDING JOB!!!! I'm also at about a 3 month plateau. Was chugging along fine at 1400-1500 calories per day, exercising 3-4 days (cardio/running/weights), always eating my exercise calories, but then the weight loss DEAD STOPPED. I'm now experimenting with eating at maintenance (1800 calories) for two whole weeks, then I will drop down to the .5lb/week rate of around 1400 calories again. I'm hoping that this "diet break" will restart my metabolism to lose the last 10-15 that I want GONE! I read up on some other forums about needing to take a break, and jolt your metabolism again. I will not step on that scale until this little experiment is over.
  • didyb
    didyb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "just 10-15 pounds"

For me, nothing "just" about it. I've been years losing/gaining/losing/gaining the same 20 pounds.... and I don't have an answer yet.
  • allisend2
    allisend2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome info!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    my goal was 10 at 1st then another 5. I am 132 and stuck for 2.5 months now. i started out at 140-142 and i am 5ft 2. my goal 130 then 125, no less... I upped my calories for a month, gained, so i dropped them back to my bmr of 1252. Not sure what else to do to kick start my loss...
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm at a healthy weight now but I want a smaller weight. Around 15-20 pounds more tops. I always eat 1200 calories a day when I'm dieting and do lots of cardio like kickboxing. When I'm being good I lose about 2 pounds a week.
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm lookin at 17ish... I'm halfway there, but keep bouncing around at this halfway point! Thinking (after reading this) that I should up my calories to lose 1 lb a week or even .5. BUT even though I've been at 1200 cals for a few weeks, I still go over a couple times a week so maybe I'm around the 1320 or so on average anyway?

If anyone is willing to check out my diary and let me know if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!! (um, PLS ignore this Mon and Tues... my boss puts on the pressure when we hang out, so SUPER high cal estimates for dinners and drinks those nights)
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oops, should have mentioned I'm 5'7" and trying to get down to around 130
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    12 lbs here! Watching my calories, cutting out carbs, and exercising.