• donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have a gluten issue.

would that make me feel full?
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    Vegetable oil in your cooking would be an easy way to add a couple of hundred calories every day - and your body does need some oil! Other than that, could you snack on a slice of cheese or some nuts?

I even drain off excess fat when cooking lol ....

I was looking at nut selections in the supermarket yesterday thats another option :) ty

cheese noooooooooo lol ... that along with butter is on my "do not eat till at my weight list"

You don't have to wait until your goal weight, you could add some cheeses and butter now - it's not the fat that makes you fat, it's excess calories.

cheese is my chocolate, if I started i would have it in every meal ... lol .... cheese signs the end of my diet, I use it at my will power if I dont have cheese I will stay on the wagon :)
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    I'm sorry but I read your thread topic as "too full to eat my cats" and I can't stop laughing.

I know a bunch of people in the primal/paleo communities who swear by eating a tablespoon or two of coconut oil per day. I haven't tried it myself but they say it's helped their digestion and adds some good fats to the diet.

couldnt eat a spoon of oil eek! i remember cod liver oil when I was a kid, bad memorys haha
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    do you work out?? i dont know how id survive eating such little calories and lifting and cardio i would die!! = ) but if your not hungry who cares do what works for you i guess!

yes I walk / run 2KM per day (i missed out two days this week) I also do rowing ... an hour yesterday ,,,, Im about to start the gym again also (due to the weather) better to run inside than out when its hail stones lol ... energy I have lots of ..... stamina also lots .... I find this confusing tbh lol
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    I have read that you should eat your allotted cals every day!

Well according to MFP I am allowed 1200 cals (before exercise) and I (on a normal day) eat about 850-950, On the wee

If I exercise I DO NOT eat back the burned cals (in all honesty I only eat when I am hungry)

I tried to change this yesterday by eating 1200 cals (I got to 1150), I also done a cal burn of 540 (which I didnt eat back) and today I feel sooooooo bloated and full that every mouthful I eat is a struggle.

Any ideas why?

I have opened my food diary to the public for this question if you want to have a look :) I genuinely need some help here. :flowerforyou:

It could be that your body has gotten used to the low calories.

if increasing them suddenly is too much for you, do it slowly, 100 calories extra this week, another 100 net week etc.

Good Luck.

This. When I started I was used to eating around 700 calories and eating more was difficult. I added a little bit more food to each meal and then tried to add in snacks. Within a couple of weeks I was eating 1500 calories plus exercise calories with no problem. My body just needed some time to adjust to eating the right amount of food.

yeah going to try that 100 a week :)
    Its good to know other ppl have and have had the same problem ....

Im now at 950 cals today lol ... after a smoothie and a yogurt I didnt want :-/ lol

geez losing weight is so complicated :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fat isnt the thing that made you overweight, it was calories. I eat cheese every day and i consistently cut body fat. From all thos reading it realu sounds like you have a bad relationship with food which if it doesnt change it could lead to an ED. And really until you get past some insecurities things wont change. I am not trying to offend by any means but i am working with several people with the same issue or similiar issue. It may be something you might want to look into. I may be totally off but i want to throw it out there. As it seems like almost all the suggestions we throw out, minus the nuts, you have an answer to why you cant or wont do it. Good luck though.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    yes I walk / run 2KM per day (i missed out two days this week) I also do rowing ... an hour yesterday ,,,, Im about to start the gym again also (due to the weather) better to run inside than out when its hail stones lol ... energy I have lots of ..... stamina also lots .... I find this confusing tbh lol

Not really confusing - you have a severely suppressed metabolism.
    Your body, and your stomach, don't really need more right now. So everything is just much slower.

Not sure how you could possibly compare your energy and stamina to anything, since you've been eating like this for a while, and frankly the mind cloud probably makes self-perception not reality.

And as you exercise, and you have so little glucose to provide as energy, you will burn muscle.

But good news - with less muscle, your metabolism can go down even more! :drinker:

So when you stall, you can cut calories to like 600 a day. Then your metabolism will slow again, you'll have a lag time of diminishing weight loss before you stall again.

That point should be interesting. Mind should start having problems by then, if not already.

There are people the world over that must get by on a suppressed metabolism, not much food to eat. And with not much to do, they don't move much either. They survive.

Good luck, I'll look for the post in a couple months either about the success you've had increasing your calories slowly and losing weight that isn't just muscle, or the post that you are eating 400 calories and can't seem to lose any weight except hair.
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    Fat isnt the thing that made you overweight, it was calories. I eat cheese every day and i consistently cut body fat. From all thos reading it realu sounds like you have a bad relationship with food which if it doesnt change it could lead to an ED. And really until you get past some insecurities things wont change. I am not trying to offend by any means but i am working with several people with the same issue or similiar issue. It may be something you might want to look into. I may be totally off but i want to throw it out there. As it seems like almost all the suggestions we throw out, minus the nuts, you have an answer to why you cant or wont do it. Good luck though.

Im only really looking to up my cals without a struggle ..... the nuts seeds olives and avocado and glasses of milk seem like the easiest option, I will be getting good foods and up my cals, therefore the post has worked for me lol Ive been pointed in the direction of 5 things I can do that will help my cal intake and I like / might like (in the case of the avocado) :) success I think :D

On a personal note, I believe fat did make me fat, and if you had saw my diet 5 years ago you would prob agree .... Im not a food expert but I know what I ate and I know how much fat was in it compared to cals, anyway Thanks for your posts :) and Ill get myself out and buying in the items that could help me

Again last night I tried to eat my way up to 1200 cals and failed at 970 I am trying but when you start feeling like your going to vomit its time to stop :) I know this sounds stupid to ppl that dont have this problem, but its a very common problem for allot of ppl ..... as Ive noticed with this post alone :D

Thanks for your input :) much appreciated x
  • donna_glasgow
    Options

Not really confusing - you have a severely suppressed metabolism.
    Your body, and your stomach, don't really need more right now. So everything is just much slower.

Not sure how you could possibly compare your energy and stamina to anything, since you've been eating like this for a while, and frankly the mind cloud probably makes self-perception not reality.

And as you exercise, and you have so little glucose to provide as energy, you will burn muscle.

But good news - with less muscle, your metabolism can go down even more! :drinker:

So when you stall, you can cut calories to like 600 a day. Then your metabolism will slow again, you'll have a lag time of diminishing weight loss before you stall again.

That point should be interesting. Mind should start having problems by then, if not already.

There are people the world over that must get by on a suppressed metabolism, not much food to eat. And with not much to do, they don't move much either. They survive.

Good luck, I'll look for the post in a couple months either about the success you've had increasing your calories slowly and losing weight that isn't just muscle, or the post that you are eating 400 calories and can't seem to lose any weight except hair.

I opened this thread for help .... all you seem to want to do is point out the problems ill have if I continue eating low cals.... why do you think I opened the thread in the first place? , If i was happy eating 850-950 I would have continued doing it and you wouldnt have known about it, I opened the thread for help not to be told Ive a "mind cloud" if I had a "mind cloud" i wouldnt have posted :ohwell:

Anyway thanks for your input, Im now off to buy the things that Ive been pointed out that are a good source of cals and "good fats" nuts seeds olives and avacados .... Ill also be upping cals with milk .... it should be easy to get to 1200 that way (since i only have 250 more to find) ... without bombarding my stomach with foods and feeling ill every day doing so ....
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Im only really looking to up my cals without a struggle ..... the nuts seeds olives and avocado and glasses of milk seem like the easiest option, I will be getting good foods and up my cals, therefore the post has worked for me lol Ive been pointed in the direction of 5 things I can do that will help my cal intake and I like / might like (in the case of the avocado) :) success I think :D

On a personal note, I believe fat did make me fat, and if you had saw my diet 5 years ago you would prob agree .... Im not a food expert but I know what I ate and I know how much fat was in it compared to cals, anyway Thanks for your posts :) and Ill get myself out and buying in the items that could help me

Again last night I tried to eat my way up to 1200 cals and failed at 970 I am trying but when you start feeling like your going to vomit its time to stop :) I know this sounds stupid to ppl that dont have this problem, but its a very common problem for allot of ppl ..... as Ive noticed with this post alone :D

Have you tried planning your day, so you don't end up with so many calories left at the end of the day?

If you can plan and log your food in the morning, or even the night before, it will be easier to juggle and add calories.

It's easier to ad them gradually through the day by increasing each meal slightly, rather than getting to the end of the day and realising you have a lot to go to meet your goal.
  • donna_glasgow
    Options

Have you tried planning your day, so you don't end up with so many calories left at the end of the day?

If you can plan and log your food in the morning, or even the night before, it will be easier to juggle and add calories.

It's easier to ad them gradually through the day by increasing each meal slightly, rather than getting to the end of the day and realising you have a lot to go to meet your goal.

I have made an over all plan .... Im usually short by between 250 and 350 cals a day so Im going to make up a seed, nut and dried fruit mix worth 400 cals in the morning, and pick at that for breakfast and during the day, That way by the end of the day if Im short of cals a small smoothie will push me over, :D ... I have never been a morning eater, I always feel very full in the morning and have my first bite at about 10-10 30, lunch normally about 1 ish ...... dinner 5 30 , I can somtimes be peckish between lunch and dinner, Im hoping thats where the nut mix will fit in :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options

I have made an over all plan .... Im usually short by between 250 and 350 cals a day so Im going to make up a seed, nut and dried fruit mix worth 400 cals in the morning, and pick at that for breakfast and during the day, That way by the end of the day if Im short of cals a small smoothie will push me over, :D ... I have never been a morning eater, I always feel very full in the morning and have my first bite at about 10-10 30, lunch normally about 1 ish ...... dinner 5 30 , I can somtimes be peckish between lunch and dinner, Im hoping thats where the nut mix will fit in :)

Well even if you cant eat in the morning its fine. I eat all my calories between 11am - 7pm based in my IF schedule. Also it wasnt the fat, it was the calories. Its a very simple nutrition concepts. Cheese is healthy fats just like avocado and nuts. Milk is only bad when you have an intolerance to it. Its full of calcium which is great for bones. And you definitely need to get to a point above 1200 calories and show start working on rebuilding your metabolism.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    cheese noooooooooo lol ... that along with butter is on my "do not eat till at my weight list"

Why? There's nothing wrong with either food. They've both got great benefits. I'm having a piece of cheese a day and losing very steadily.

I don't eat butter but that's more a taste issue. It's also better for you than margarine.
  • neo200120018
    neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I some times have a few pieces of natural liquorice it's made locally here so know its good has vitamins and is like a treat

Ps i intolerant to nuts can eat a little peanut butter, and lactose in excess makes me sick, also eggs whites in excess lol I do use rice bran oil for cooking tho

Good luck and advocado is awesome
  • neo200120018
    neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ps feta and halloumi cheese are a weekly occur acne in my diet great in salads I have instead of meat for protien
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Are you eating really voluminous foods? If you eat 100 calories of broccoli, well, that's a ton of food in your stomach.

I dont think so, heres todays food (717 cals)

BREAKY
    Poached, 0.5 egg
    Bread - Soft Grained - Warburtons, 42 g
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup

LUNCH
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup
    Yogurt - Tesco - Low Fat - 125g Pot,

DINNER
    Salmon parcel with (Chillies - Chopped, 1 g, Peppers - Red, 20 g, Leek , 14 g, Salmon - Pink , 106 g and Lime Juice, 15 ml) mash potato with (Spring Onions, 5 g, Potato - White, 200 g, Milk - Semi Skimmed, 20 ml)
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup

SNACK
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup

ONE yoghurt for lunch? That is actual starvation.

There is no reason why you should avoid things like cheese and oil whilst trying to lose weight, what is wrong with having a small amount? If I have cheese I weigh 20 or 30g and that is all I have.

Seriously you can't avoid fats altogether they are an essential food group - everything in moderation.
  • donna_glasgow
    Options

Well even if you cant eat in the morning its fine. I eat all my calories between 11am - 7pm based in my IF schedule. Also it wasnt the fat, it was the calories. Its a very simple nutrition concepts. Cheese is healthy fats just like avocado and nuts. Milk is only bad when you have an intolerance to it. Its full of calcium which is great for bones. And you definitely need to get to a point above 1200 calories and show start working on rebuilding your metabolism.

this is what im attempting :) although im still burning the pounds off at the moment so I can up them slowly :D
  • donna_glasgow
    Options

Why? There's nothing wrong with either food. They've both got great benefits. I'm having a piece of cheese a day and losing very steadily.

I don't eat butter but that's more a taste issue. It's also better for you than margarine.

simple reason why is because those were the foods that I cut out, they are like the slippery slope back to failure for me, if i can cut them out and keep them out I know I will keep going with this plan :D ... I guess we all have our own ways of doing this, mine is to miss my fav foods and look forward to getting them back when I reach my weight/ next target :) Like a reward if you get me :) ... My next reward is when I get under 12 stone lol im 170.4 at the moment so 2.5 lbs to go lol

I dont eat marg either (but i dont like that) ....
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    I some times have a few pieces of natural liquorice it's made locally here so know its good has vitamins and is like a treat

Ps i intolerant to nuts can eat a little peanut butter, and lactose in excess makes me sick, also eggs whites in excess lol I do use rice bran oil for cooking tho

Good luck and advocado is awesome

I am looking forward to this avocado :) going shopping when i get the kids home :D ..... I really love the feta cheese in a greek salad :) I may be spoiling myself this weekend with that :D good luck with the loss :D
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    Are you eating really voluminous foods? If you eat 100 calories of broccoli, well, that's a ton of food in your stomach.

I dont think so, heres todays food (717 cals)

BREAKY
    Poached, 0.5 egg
    Bread - Soft Grained - Warburtons, 42 g
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup

LUNCH
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup

DINNER
    Salmon parcel with (Chillies - Chopped, 1 g, Peppers - Red, 20 g, Leek , 14 g, Salmon - Pink , 106 g and Lime Juice, 15 ml) mash potato with (Spring Onions, 5 g, Potato - White, 200 g, Milk - Semi Skimmed, 20 ml)
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup

SNACK
    Tea With Milk, 1 cup

ONE yoghurt for lunch? That is actual starvation.

There is no reason why you should avoid things like cheese and oil whilst trying to lose weight, what is wrong with having a small amount? If I have cheese I weigh 20 or 30g and that is all I have.

Seriously you can't avoid fats altogether they are an essential food group - everything in moderation.

yeah one yogurt for lunch, but thats what inspired this post, I was feeling really full and bloated as that point of the day and a yogurt was all i could manage :( I do have some fats in my diet ... I haven't cut fat out totally Im hitting about 1/2 of the recommended amount per day :) and I think the nuts will help with up the fats :D

cheese is one of my fav foods and I kinda use it as a tool to lose my weight .... prob sounds daft but it works for me .... :) looking forward to a feta cheese greek salad when i hit under 12 stone ... :) thats in 2.5 lbs :D