My boyfriend drinks... I need advice

Options
13»

Replies

• Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much Kellch. :flowerforyou: You don't know how inspirational you have been for me. Yes deep down I know whats right for me and my daughter, it's the getting through that stage that is hard! I knew when I got pregnant just 7 months after we started dating it was gonna be a long hard road! I have so many doubts when he asks me to marry him that I know it can't be right! I always say yes out loud but think no in my head! That should be a sign!:ohwell:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Think of the advice that you would give your daughter in this situation-and then follow it. Most likely he won't change. Is this something you are willing to live with? Be strong and leave him; you'll be glad that you did. Good luck, honey.
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I just wanted tp update you guys on my "situation". I went to my first al-anon meeting today. I did not go on my own. My man suggested it and we just happened to be able to attend our seperate meetings at the same time. It was eye-opening to say the least. I started crying the moment people started telling there stories of strength through acceptance. I know I will be going back soon. Thank you so much for all of your kind words and inspiration!:flowerforyou:
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    Think of the environment for your baby!!!!!
  • girlfriend
    girlfriend Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi I can relate, I think the sooner you can make a plan and get away from him the better the longer you wait the harder it will be for you and the child