Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Options
So, who had a starting weight of 300+ pounds? I feel like it's going to be almost impossible to lose all the weight, but if someone else did it, SO CAN I! I am 5'11 and my starting weight with MFP 7 days ago was 318.5. I now weigh 316. So.....go ahead...you're turn!

Replies

• xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I joined probably two years ago at 312, left then came back when my weight was up to 326. I started this summer with a goal to get under 300. I had reached it at 298 and was happy. But I left again and in December when I went to the doctors I was at 307. So I have started again. I am back down to 295 but have to keep going. I have been big all my life. I can remember being 150 in middle school. The lowest I ever got my weight was 227 as a freshman in college. I would like to see under 200 for the first time really in my adult life.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I started at 320lbs and I'm down to 272. I'm desperate to get to 270 which means I'll have lost 50lbs.

trust me, the feeling you have when you finally get below 300 is AWESOME. Each new number is such a victory. I cannot wait to see 269 and know that I'm in a new lower number.

You CAN do this and you WILL. Just stick to the plan and watch those calories. Good luck!
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started at 383 lbs. It was about 3 years ago though. I did the atkins thing for awhile and lost alot of weight but felt miserable , and weak the whole time. It got me down to 270 lbs and I decided to change things up and started counting calories and adding a variety of foods in my diet. I now weigh 187 lbs and feel alot better.
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    I started MFP around 350 or so... Sadly, this was not my heaviest...LOL I still have about 60 or so to go til I hit my first big goal, so i'll be here for a while.

Feel free to add me if you need more support. I'm very supportive when I'm not cranky and snarky =)
  • Deletrius
    Deletrius Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started out at 356, I'm down to 279 as of 2 days ago. You can do it! Just gotta keep with it, and really dedicate yourself to get rid of the extra weight. I feel fantastic, and look forward to going to the gym these days. :D
  • aqcannon
    aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started at 502 and just dropped below the first major milestone this week: sub-450. I'm hoping to get to 250-ish but I'm more concerned about getting healthy and being around for years to come to see my daughters get married and to spend time with any grandchildren that may come.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I was 294 at my heaviest - is that close enough?

You *CAN* do it - I am living proof of that!
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I started to get healthy I weighed 380. I'm now just under 300. I felt like I was never going to lose it. 145 seemed so far away. It still does. When using MFP, I did well, when I walked away I started to gain. Unfortunately, this is a lifelong journey. Even when we reach our goal weight. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other... Little steps add up into big ones.
  • nette_65
    nette_65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi - I joined the week before Christmas weighing 305, now down to 295, was doubtful that MFP would work but made to eat my words,lol, wonder how many cals in them !!!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I was 308 when I was 18 years old. I got down to 225 a couple years ago but then packed on weight again bringing me to 298... which is where I started in December.

You CAN do it... it just takes so much determination. As long as you have that, nothing can stop you.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My hightest adult weight was 301. I'm down to 270 right now. I joined MFP just 20-ish days ago and am loving it so far ( for clarity, I lost the 30 pounds last year over the entire course of the year. I didn't join MFP and 20 days later am 30 pounds lights.)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    5'3" and started in the middle of January at 354lbs. As of two days ago I'm 326. In '10 I was in the 330s and over an 8 month period lost 80lbs, but I was doing it blindly, aka no calorie counting or any guide as for what to eat and not eat and I ended up borderline anemic and gained everything back a couple months later when I dislocated my knee at work and had to stay in bed all the time and use a cane to walk for 3 months.

When you're this big it really is intimidating because you know it's going to take longer and you're going to have to work that much harder to get rid of the flab especially if it's been there for a long time, but the hardest part's starting. You have to want it more than anything else and I think being this big, you really do want it more than anything.
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    Starting at 325. I know I've been heavier than this, probably by at least 20-30lbs though. I (hopefully) have lost three pounds since joining this site two weeks ago. I am trying to only step on the scale no more than once a week because my weight ping pongs like crazy and there's nothing worse than thinking you've lost a couple of pounds only to see the scale at PLUS two pounds the next time you weigh in.

I understand how you feel about feeling like it's an insurmountable task. I've been overweight my entire life. I want to be HEALTHY for my family, future children, my fiance, and I want to feel GOOD about myself.
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started at 303 pounds and it took me almost one year to get to 200 pounds. I did it all by doing cardio and food portions nothing else. My advise is through in some strength training along the way. I just started doing strenght training in January and it has made a difference. Stay focused on what brought you to the decision to lose the weight and never forget. Read the success story on MFP they will help keep you motivated. The health benefits of getting the weight off and keeping it off is so worth the time it requires. Good Luck and yes you can do it also!
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I started out on MFP at 321.5 I now weigh 296.7.

It does seem impossible at times. There are so many wonderful success stories on here!!! They really help to inspire me and they let me know that it IS possible. :bigsmile:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My highest recorded weight was 339 (I was probably higher). My weight now is pretty stable at 140, which is my goal weight at 5'7".
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    my scale did tip over 300 once after a big day of eating/drinking. started here at 289. im at 224 now. if you'd like a friend just invite me.

Weight lifting should be a big portion of your plan to lose the weight. and im still being careful about any high impact cardio like running. dont want a joint/muscle problem to develop.
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    Started at 311 and now I am down to 207! everyday is a new day and every moment is a choice to be your best! yea you dont quite hit the mark sometimes but just retry again and again.... love you!
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    started at 332 in January of this year and am down to 307. Looking forward to getting below 300 for the first time in several years and then conquering the 200's. :)
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started at 301lb. on the 8th january 2012,
    and so far ive lost 33lb and need to be under 200lb.
    I'm Male 46 years old and if anyone would like to friend me that would be great as i need to lose loads
    and might need help alone the way.