Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Options

Replies

• wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP I was at 308 in mid-January of this year, though my heaviest was last year when I was around 341. I'm now down to 296. I've struggled with my weight my whole life; I had no real good examples of healthy eating or exercise growing up and am prone to pretty debilitating joint injuries due to loose ligaments throughout my body which kept me out of PE classes at school when I was a kid. Now I'm determined to get down to 170-180 (I'm 5'8" and understand a large-medium frame plus a genetic tendency towards being very curvy means getting down to anything lower is probably unrealistic) and I'm working hard at exercise routines that I've found I can do without overly stressing my ligaments. It's hard, but doable, and every time that my husband notices a part of my body that is smaller or gaining tone (I have definable abs under the tummy fat, wtf?!) or a pair of jeans gets baggy, its so exciting :) The support I get from the community on here has been invaluable as well.
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started at 329.4, currently at 174.8. It may seem daunting at first but it can be done! Good luck! :smile:
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I started at 310 back in December. I'm down to 272. :)
  • Heather20646
    Options
    I started at 344, down to 325. I know it seems like it will take forever to do, but I know it can be done. I have a brother who lost over 200 lbs on his own and sadly has gained a lot of it back now that he has a family and he reverted to old eating patterns. I've added friends that I know I'll never meet in person, but who have lost a lot of weight. I've also added friends that are on the same journey as me. I think the support here is awesome and it helps to hold you accountable. I'm terrible about logging back on at night and on weekends, but getting better. My mom is diabetic and she came over and I was showing her some of the things that I eat. It's nice to be able to share what works and what doesn't. Look around, you'll see lots of success here. Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • 1Nifty50
    1Nifty50 Posts: 21
    Options
    I weighed 324.4 in Nov. now 4 months later I am 298.0 never thought I would get under 300 lbs. now my next goal is 290. Keep at it this sight has helped alot because it keeps me accountable and focused.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I started at 322 and am now at 280. It's one pound (or 1/2 pound....or 1/4 pound) at a time. Good luck!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i started at 320 and i am down to 229 :) it has taken two years but i am doing it and so can you! good luck and add me if you like :D
  • yummymummyto2
    Options
    i started at 314lbs in january and 6 weeks later im 9kg lighter :0) and still going strong. you can do this just set yourself mini goals each month and do it a month at a time xx

also try taking measurments once a month, you might see results there quicker than the scales :0)
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, I restarted in January at 325 lbs. MFP definitely works. log every day & surround yourself with supportive people who are working hard to get healthy and will tell you the truth. it truly enhances your mfp experience. I am currently down to 289 and in a much better place, physically and emotionally. i cant imagine how good its going to feel once im at goal! Good luck to you. you can do this! :-)
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    I started at 322 im now at 306. Seems like it's taking forever. It would be nice to have people on the same path as me as most of my pals on here are much smaller than me. Feel free to add me and we can support each other into sucess.
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Started 2 weeks ago at 334. :) I'm doing No Scale March but I've definitely made progress in exercise stamina.
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    Started at 307 in December, down to 244 as of 3/4/2012. :) YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!

8365881.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tfiror
    tfiror Posts: 1
    Options
    On Jan. 17 2011, I was 303 lbs.I decided to do what I had to in order to be active and healthy. Today I am 183 lbs and on the downhill side of my weight loss journey. I continue with my diet, and keeping records in MFP. I have added cardio kickboxing, zumba and yoga to my lifestyle. Life is so much better today...the best peice of advice I received was, when giving up foods you love remember you are not giving them up forever, just for now. Funny thing is, I know that I have easily given some of those foods up forever and replaced them with healthier foods that I now love. When I eat and play healthy, improved health happens every day.
  • melmccabe
    melmccabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 371 lbs back in June of 2011. My current weight is 260 lbs. I am halfway to my goal weight and the weight is coming off more slowly than it did in earlier months. Be patient and you will succeed.
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started January 5th at 363 when a bout of food poisoning kicked my *kitten*. Aftter a week, I had lost about 15 lbs, and had not smoked, had any soda, had sugar, alcohol or caffine in a week. I realized that I could use this negative as a positive and keep going or revert back to the way I was living before. I'm sticking with it, doing a primal diet, and I've lost 35 lbs total so far.

My goal is to get down to 225 by June 2013.
  • NancyFancyboy
    Options
    Hang in there! We can do this! I had hit 297 (2nd time in my life to be that heavy) and decided to join a gym. My trainer put me onto this site and it helps so much. When I'm tempted to not enter my "bad" days, I do it anyway. It helps me see my triggers and trends. Don't be 47 (like me) and facing knee replacements before you get the weight off. Do it when you're young, like you are! You can do it!
  • NancyFancyboy
    Options
    Congratulations on getting a handle on this battle! That's an impressive weight loss, one that I'm sure didn't come easily. Any tips? I have 100+ to go.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started at 405 lbs. back in April and am now at 318 lbs. I still have a long way to go, but I'm always feeling better and able to do things I couldn't do then. Keep it up and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • powership00
    powership00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I started 2.5 months ago at 362 and have dropped 44 lbs. 40 of that was without excercising, just planning my food out. I am currently eating 1550 to 1600 calories a day. I played with pal previously but just got seroius in January. The key is planning and preperation for the week. Good Luck, and get ready to start living a better life!
  • NancyFancyboy
    Options
    Count me in! I need all the support I can get, too. We need to live healthy for us!