You forgot the milk...

Options

Replies

• iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    It's a long-standing fact humans will do what they want regardless of who or what it harms or how unnatural it is.

its why we survive. Like rats and cockroaches :D If we only ate what was "designed for is" (which means nothing, for people like me who dont believe the world was Designed) then we would die out as a species. Which... would be better for the planet. Maybe I should make less fun of the fanatics. Hmm :flowerforyou:

Milk based products are very important for my diet, being on the northern side of Earth and needing the extra calcium and such ;) And I log it as long as it goes over 1 dl. Sorry but too lazy to write down the 0.5 dl of milk that goes into my hot cocoa.. just like I am too lazy to change the swissmiss that is logged into Freia chocolate (which has less sugar). I figure this will even out in the long run anyway. This isnt an exact science for me.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Milk is designed for baby cows.

(from: http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html)

The milk of every species of mammal
    is unique and specifically tailored to the requirements of
    that animal. For example, cows' milk is very much richer in
    protein than human milk. Three to four times as much. It has
    five to seven times the mineral content. However, it is
    markedly deficient in essential fatty acids when compared to
    human mothers' milk. Mothers' milk has six to ten times as
    much of the essential fatty acids, especially linoleic acid.
    (Incidentally, skimmed cow's milk has no linoleic acid). It
    simply is not designed for humans.

Baby cows take about 2 years to reach physical maturity. Baby humans take about 20.
    For those that insist that insist on drinking milk; go for it. The facts are the facts though. Cows milk is designed for baby cows. Human milk is designed for human babies. It is designed for the animals from which it comes.
    I'm not saying you should not drink milk. Read this carefully; I'm not saying you should not drink milk but be aware that it is not designed for you, is missing key ingredients humans need and is designed for baby cows.
    And I'll discuss this intelligently with anyone who offers a reasonable, researched response. I will ignore or mock anyone who feels they need to express their immaturity and ignorance through "hater" type messages. Once again, I'm stating I am NOT TELLING YOU NOT TO DRINK MILK. It's your choice to do so, it's my choice to not drink it because it's not designed for humans. If you feel a need to proselytize; go to church.

Please don't use someone else's thread as a soapbox for your habits and beliefs. If you think drinking cow milk is wrong, no matter the reason why, that's fine. But making a long post about why cow milk is for cows and cows only while, stupidly, adding in "I'm not telling you to not drink milk" is pretty well off-topic. If you wanna discuss the morality and general logic of humans consuming another animal's milk then make your own thread or go find a site with others who believe the same thing and are willing to discuss it.

It's a long-standing fact humans will do what they want regardless of who or what it harms or how unnatural it is.

I agree with saragato. I just quit drinking milk about 10 years ago. That's not to say I "never" consume milk anymore. There are times when it's necessary. I just like to throw out the baby cow comment to turn up the heat a little. It ALWAYS works!:laugh: :laugh:

I think firedude is being a little extreme.. just sayin'
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I do not think I have ever had oatmeal made with milk. I eat dry cereal as a snack. When I drink milk, I log it - if I didn't drink it, I don't log it. It really done not have anything to do with forgetting it; just didn't do it.
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that too! Oatmeal and stuff like that I can understand making with water. But not breakfast cereal like Cheerios of whatever. Or I notice they use like 1/4 cup or some small amount that would barely make a dent in the bowl. I need at least 1 cup of milk with my cereal or I feel like I'm just eating it dry, lol
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I don't use milk in anything. I use soymilk in my protein shakes but I log it as such. Haven't logged anything lately though.
  • slipandsink
    slipandsink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'll log my porridge with either milk or water but I tend not to bother logging the 20 calories I have in my one cup of a tea a day as I use MFP for a more ball park figure rather than a complete in and out of my daily nutrition (read; I'm sometimes too lazy or tired to log it all, as long as I know most of it I know what I can and can't have later on)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    As I have posted in many threads.. milk is food for baby cows. Why would humans need milk meant to make a baby cow grow up healthy. Maybe if you have a friend who's not nursing they could give you their milk? YUK.. that's the way I look at it.

Nothing beats a freshly squeezed glass of boobie juice. :noway:
  • Milk is designed for baby cows.

Baby cows take about 2 years to reach physical maturity. Baby humans take about 20.
    For those that insist that insist on drinking milk; go for it. The facts are the facts though. Cows milk is designed for baby cows. Human milk is designed for human babies. It is designed for the animals from which it comes.
    I'm not saying you should not drink milk. Read this carefully; I'm not saying you should not drink milk but be aware that it is not designed for you, is missing key ingredients humans need and is designed for baby cows.
    And I'll discuss this intelligently with anyone who offers a reasonable, researched response. I will ignore or mock anyone who feels they need to express their immaturity and ignorance through "hater" type messages. Once again, I'm stating I am NOT TELLING YOU NOT TO DRINK MILK. It's your choice to do so, it's my choice to not drink it because it's not designed for humans. If you feel a need to proselytize; go to church.

I agree that cow milk is not for human babies. However, saying it's not designed for humans because it's "missing key ingredients humans need and is designed for baby cows", is a poor argument. We need a variety of foods to get all the nutrients we need. I love milk and am not grossed out to drink it, therefor, I will continue to drink milk. I am NOT telling you, "You need to drink milk." Just don't try to convince me it's not good for me.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    lactose and casien intolerant here - I can only handle raw dairy and that is hard to come by so you won't find milk other than coconut milk in my diary..also gluten and grain intolerant so there's no oats or cereal to put milk on lol... but any who. I think the others are right on it.. most people are probably going by calories on the box that already includes the milk.. and a lot of people eat their oats without milk.:happy:
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Milk is designed for baby cows.

You don't drink milk, so therefore you didn't neglect to log any as per the OP. So why even bother writing the above post?
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm with many above who make their hot cereal with water...though I also enter hot cereals as recipes. Sometimes I also use yogurt instead of milk. I nearly always use milk in my protein shakes...but this is entered as a recipe so the casual reader doesn't see the milk.

To the OP: I would also give people the benefit of the doubt with their diaries...if they are honestly omitting something then they are only hurting themselves; but they don't need to In all seriousness...how is it any skin off YOUR nose if they are omitting anything? I'm not being a wise-*kitten* here. Too many people in MFP seem to get worked up over what other people do/don't do as if it affects them. It really doesn't.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I always log the milk... but sometimes I don't log the coffee! :-)
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i love my milk! it's damn good and i log it every morning. i dont put it in my oatmeal but i normally have a glass in the morning regardless. it's a good protein and i have fresh milk.
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options

^^ that
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I don't use milk in my oatmeal because it always boils over in the microwave! I use 1/3 cup frozen strawberries, nuke em for 1 minute, mash them, add some splenda and a small dash of salt, add 1/3 cup quick cooking oats and 2/3 cup water. I nuke it for 1 -2 minutes and it turns out very creamy and yummy. I also take a calcium supplement and eat a lot of yogurt to make up for my lack of milk. Also I think that dif. kinds of dark, leafy lettuces, veggies, etc. have calcium. That's where cows get it to make milk, in the pasture!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

Please don't use someone else's thread as a soapbox for your habits and beliefs. If you think drinking cow milk is wrong, no matter the reason why, that's fine. But making a long post about why cow milk is for cows and cows only while, stupidly, adding in "I'm not telling you to not drink milk" is pretty well off-topic. If you wanna discuss the morality and general logic of humans consuming another animal's milk then make your own thread or go find a site with others who believe the same thing and are willing to discuss it.

Right back at ya sweetie...

This would fall under the aforementioned mockery.
    You were warned.

I'm sorry you think I was mocking you, my intent was to tell you that you were off-topic and basically being unnecessary with the extent of your content. You have every right to believe what you want and to want to share it with others, but you did a poor job of it on the latter because it had nothing to do with the topic of people logging or not logging milk when they add it to certain food items.

As I said, either create your own topic to discuss human's consumption of milk or find a site with like-minded individuals where you can freely discuss it and not have to actually put an end note on your posts about people who are, naturally, going to disagree with you to some degree. The tone implied in your response to me is not going to help others take you any more seriously and considering the depth of your original post I would say you would want others to take you seriously, to believe you've done your research and have credible sources to cite, and are not just someone who is against something and must shout it from the rooftops. That being said I am aware of the problems when it comes to humans consuming cow milk and the issues it has had on cows in the past from the methods to extract the milk so I'm not in any way insulting you for your stance. You just basically chose the wrong way of going about expressing it. You can educate without all of that, you know?
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Out of general curiosity I have looked at a few food diaries and have noticed one glaringly obvious thing when it comes to breakfast- they forget the milk!

They have porridge and other cereals... but forget to factor in the milk.

Protein shakes I appreciate can be made with water, but still, not everyone can be making it with water right??? I know I put a bit of milk in there to cream it up a bit.

Some people don't drink milk, hence the lack of milk visible in their diaries. I am not completely dairy-free, but I don't drink milk. I use "soy beverage". as it is called on the carton, and when I have a drink of "milk", that is what it is. When I make smoothies that require milk or have cereal or oatmeal, that is what I use.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I don't cook with milk, and very rarely buy it. When I use milk, I account for it. But I never add it to oatmeal. And only drink milk when I'm irregular, since my intolerance leads to dependable results. Why assume everyone uses milk the way you do, OP?
  • heaven6
    heaven6 Posts: 5
    Options
    When I first started logging my food I forgot to list my milk in my cereal, then noticed after a couple of of times I had forgotten. Now I include it and use skim milk. I don't use milk in my oatmeal, I use water. Milk adds a lot of calories if you are not careful.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

This made me laugh and feel a little bit sick all at once. :sick:

OP: I drink milk sometimes. When I do I log it.