Corset Training...

HorrorChix89
HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
Your thoughts on the matter?

DISCLAIMER: Yes I'm thinking about being more strict with it, No I won't go cry if you disagree with me or say I'm killing myself. No I'm not trying to go down to a 19 inch waist, I'm shooting for more of a 23-25 range. For my size that's fine.

Replies

• Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    if you do it properly, all the power to you :)
  • Stazed
    Stazed Posts: 55 Member
    bump, interested to see whats posted here.
    my waist is already 25" but would be interested to see how small it could go - i plan on carrying on with the gym training too!
  • I think corsets are beautiful and can be benificial if used properly- they say they help with posture also. I say go for it, if nothing else they are super sexy!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,900 Member
    I swear by it!! I started searing them when I got down from a plus size 24 to a size 18. Now I am in a size 8 and I have a 25" waist, 37" hip and 37" chest.
    I continued to wear them all the time except for sleep till about 4 or 5 months ago. Now I only wear them while working out :wink:
    Wal-mart sells a less expensive one that I use it is about $20 and they have up to XXL which was what I was wearing at a size 18. It is the sweet nothings brand. Good luck I also have a few other tricks if you want to learn just send me an email :flowerforyou:
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    I dont understand?? What is this?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Corsets are fun for certain applications but I personally don't want to squeeze into one every day :noway:
  • HorrorChix89
    I've done some research and there's this lady on YouTube who goes into great detail on corset training. There are different types of training: Basic waist training and training that changes the shape of your rib cage as well. I only want that hour glass shape. and yes I plan to continue my diet and exercise routine as well.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I had no idea people still do this x
  • teagin2002

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReK_qyaLUNnl_JSVxvXTh0qhJhS0Fj_N21W4XuDklRFpynjbsb

This is the one I used to reshape my body to my liking
    0001467167363_300X300.jpg

I also wear corsets but that's for another reason.:flowerforyou:
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReK_qyaLUNnl_JSVxvXTh0qhJhS0Fj_N21W4XuDklRFpynjbsb

OMG!! Didnt know this went on!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    From a male prospective, sure.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Corsets are fun for certain applications but I personally don't want to squeeze into one every day :noway:

This.

I am curious to see how tiny I could cinch myself, though. Years ago, I was Scarlett O'Hara for Halloween and my dress had a 22" waist, same as Vivien Leigh in the movie. No corset, though. I was just a little twiglet then.
  • teagin2002
    it depends on what you want in the end :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I'm more of a foot binding kind of girl, myself.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    I have a few corsets and need to get into wearing them more regularly - can you post a link to the YouTube video?
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 162 Member
    I love the look of corsets, and I don't mind the waist training, but I want my lungs at full capacity. I don't want to compromise them so I don't know how far I could go with a corset. I want a waspie/underbust one though....
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    I've done it in the past with great results. It sucks at the start - your hips and ribs can hurt a bit, but you get used to it. I started with a 34" waist, ended with a 30".

Can I please just suggest that you use a good quality corset? They don't have to be custom-made or anything, but not cheapy chain store ones. I was wearing a What Katie Did corset, but I've since lost more weight and it's too big for me now.

Also, if you're wearing it daily - darker colours are better! Mine was pastel pink and dry clean only, so any grubby marks showed up quite easily. Plus it was expensive to dry clean.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    I had no idea people still do this x

This! More power to you. I know I couldn't do it. I own several, just for fun and I know how amazing it feels to finally get out of that thing! Like, you know how incredible it feels to get a bra off after a long day? That feeling x 1000 :)
  • LngHrDntCr13
    LngHrDntCr13 Posts: 41 Member
    **BUMP**
  • HorrorChix89
    Thanks for all the responses. Especially the male response :)

Here's the youtube link I was talking about. She has a whole channel dedicated to corset training and reviews on different corsets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhu57Ul3ZQg&feature=plcp&context=C4e9f621VAvjVQa1PpcFO0LAv_2rr3tN0Q8gbxBNYmzzL1tQqb-Ac%3D

Btw what is foot binding? Sounds painful:laugh: