Corset Training...

Options

Replies

• bigredhearts
    Options
    I'm more of a foot binding kind of girl, myself.

normally i wouldnt but i feel compelled to laugh at this! this is kind of how this thread is making me feel too...
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. Especially the male response :)

Here's the youtube link I was talking about. She has a whole channel diticated to corset training and reviews on different corsets.

Btw what is foot binding? Sounds painful:laugh:

chinese thing where they break your foot and fold your toes in, so that you can squeeze into tiny shoes
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Here's the youtube link I was talking about. She has a whole channel dedicated to corset training and reviews on different corsets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhu57Ul3ZQg&feature=plcp&context=C4e9f621VAvjVQa1PpcFO0LAv_2rr3tN0Q8gbxBNYmzzL1tQqb-Ac%3D

Just a little joke. :smile:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Actually foot binding wasn't really for tiny shoes, it was done to very small female children to make the feet "beautiful." It became a status symbol, a man with a wife with bound feet could be proud because it meant he was rich enough to marry a woman who was crippled and could not work. Ugh.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Kind of interesting really :]
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    From a social / gender perspective certainly. :-)
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump, Bump, Bump!! :-)
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm interested.
  • TransTina
    TransTina Posts: 82
    Options
    I swear by them too!!

without surgery/pills its the only way I can get a fem shape!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Here's the youtube link I was talking about. She has a whole channel diticated to corset training and reviews on different corsets.

chinese thing where they break your foot and fold your toes in, so that you can squeeze into tiny shoes

This made me cringe.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think of trying this... I only wore corsets for renaissance faires.
    I'm intrigued.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of under bust corsets, and I absolutely love them! They really are great for posture I find (I have an office job, plus starting out on a home-based photography business, so I sit at a computer A LOT), and for throwing on underneath a dress to give that nice hourglass shape :), I just find I don't have the discipline to wear them all the time. Go slooow is my only advice if you're actually planning to waist train. Sure you might be able to squish yourself however many inches, but if you're not used to it, not only will your body be in pain but you're likely to give up on it more quickly too.
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I'm more of a foot binding kind of girl, myself.

:laugh: just wish I hadn't just taken a swig of my drink when I read that
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Yes I know, if done properly it can give some amazing results. And I see it a lot safer than pills or whatever. I just need to get strict with it...and find a new corset cause I lost the cheap one I had
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of under bust corsets, and I absolutely love them! They really are great for posture I find (I have an office job, plus starting out on a home-based photography business, so I sit at a computer A LOT), and for throwing on underneath a dress to give that nice hourglass shape :), I just find I don't have the discipline to wear them all the time. Go slooow is my only advice if you're actually planning to waist train. Sure you might be able to squish yourself however many inches, but if you're not used to it, not only will your body be in pain but you're likely to give up on it more quickly too.

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan to sleep in it just yet and to only wear it no more than 10 hours a day (minus shower and exercising). As my waist gets smaller and I get use to it, I'll up the hours.
  • karliekins
    karliekins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of considering it since my waist is a couple of inches too big for my liking, but I'm fine with my chest and hip measurements. I have lost over an inch from my waist in less than a month on MFP, just from diet and exercise, so I don't even think I'll need it though.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Tightlacing?
    I think it's pretty cool unless you go over the top & end up like Ethel Granger, I heard that if she took her corset off, she'd snap in half.
    40953-11
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    aww I hope she was happy, to me that looks very sad because it also looks unhealthy. To work that hard and end up with something unhealthy makes me sad :cry:
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    aww I hope she was happy, to me that looks very sad because it also looks unhealthy. To work that hard and end up with something unhealthy makes me sad :cry:

Ethel Granger? It was her choice & she's always been perceived as being happy.
    She had the smallest waist in the world, just 13 inches! :ohwell:
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well, the pics of Ms. Granger cured that nagging hungry feeling I had - there is barely enough room in her "waist" for her spinal column! Can you imagine how cramped or displaced her internal organs must have been?

OUCH