Replies

• Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    5'2

sw 160
    cw 152 (I gained this back)
    gw 140

I've been slow to get back to working out. I don't know its something about cold weather. I'm eating about 1800 cals per day
  • angiebarker
    angiebarker Posts: 127
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    Heaviest weight: 155-160
    Current weight: 111.6
    Goal weight: 100
    lowest weight: 69
    Calories: 1200/day (unless i workout then i usually eat some of my workout calories)
    Exercise: I do a few days of yoga and a few days of mixed cardio like boxing, ballet or sometimes its free game; basically random high intensity intervals.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2" - 1/2
    Heaviest Weight: 153
    Current Weight: 115 Maintained since July2011
    Goal Weight: 115-120
    Calories: day 1600-2000 and 1 spike day
    Exercise: Weights(heavy)and strength training 2-3 days,Cardio,plyometrics etc 3-4-total 4 days week and rest walk,bike etc.
    My main focus is Muscle and definition as well as maintain weight. And eat clean-80-20 :-)
  • MomSof4
    MomSof4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2.5"
    CW: 201
    HW: 207 (non-pregnant:)
    GW: 150 (1st goal)
    I want to get there and then make a 2nd goal :)
    Cals/day: still learning- and want to follow what MFP recommends
    Exercise: trying to do SOMETHING every day!

I was a little discouraged at first glance of all you gals in the same height range....and wasn't going to post. But after reading through, and discovering we are all at different ranges/goals -I decided to post... And also 'cause the OLD me would shy away from that! I may never be a "petite'" gal- but I will be healthy and strong! ;)
  • pattyk87
    pattyk87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 today!!!
    Heaviest weight: 178
    SW on MFP: 169
    CW: 159
    GW: 120 or so (?? - TBD)

I recently became a vegan at about the time I joined this site. I find that the weight comes off fastest when I eat more fresh veggies and fruits/ salads and avoid alcohol. It's all about the calories though.

I work out to Kathy Smith's Project You DVD's at least 5 days/week. I do at least 30 minutes of a cardio set (pretty intense) and most days add another 30 minutes of a strength training set. I love her and highly recommend her stuff. You really feel like you worked out when you're done and it's worth the effort. RESULTS are seen pretty quickly!!!

It's really refreshing to see so many petite gals with goals around the 120's +. It's realistic and healthy.
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Heaviest weight: 147
    Current weight: 142
    Goal weight: 115
    lowest weight: 115
    Calories: 1800 a day I'm a nursing and I eat all my calories !
    Exercise: taebo or ellipitical for 30 to 40 minutes
  • katesmithy
    Options
    Height 5'2.5
    SW: 161lb (Jan 2012)
    CW: 144.5lb
    GW: 125-130 (hopefully by this july!) though I have mahusive ribs that stick out (always have) so I might have to see how it goes as they might look horrid if I get too tiny!

I eat 1200 cals during weekdays and probably the same if not less on Saturdays and probably a lot more on Sundays! (I don't diary log on the weekends!)
    I play netball 2 times a week totalling 3 hours at around 450 cals burnt per hour and don't eat back my exersize cals if I can help it.. (it makes me feel less guilty at the weekend!)

I'm joining the gym next month to start focusing on toning up in the hope my bikini body might appear quicker!

Feel free to add me, I could do with some friends on here!
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Height:; 5'2
    SW: 230
    CW: 222
    GW: 160 (this leaves me in a loose fitting large... and at a weight my doctor approves of. Sounds heavy but it's my shape!)

I started in February 2012. I usually stay at or just under the 1,200 calories. I belly dance for an hour 4 days a week and have added additional activity such as walking or a cardio dvd to get my metabolism moving! I'm going to be participating in a Dragong Boat race in July and want to be ready! I am a compulsive overeater so MFP really helps me keep track of what goes in my mouth!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    5'1". I try to do cardio at least 3 days a week.. After losing 149 pounds I can only eat 1400 cal a day or I gain so I don't eat back my exercise calories. My wt hsd been stable between 125 and 130 for over a year.
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    5' 0" to 5' 3" are the sexiest women. Keep up the good work ladies! :)
  • abdmps
    abdmps Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 5'2" and 49 years old.

SW 163
    CW 148
    GW 135

I try to walk briskly every day for half an hour and Im happy if i make it for 5 out of the 7 days in the week. I usually do eat my exercise calories. I have a fitbit that I linked up to the MFP website so it does all the calculations for me.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free. I like to see how others around my height are doing. :)
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    5'3
    25 years old
    start: 125 (highest ever)
    current: 120.4
    goal: 110 (possibly 105 not sure if that's too little)
    calories: 1200, I typically do not eat my exercise calories back because usually I'm not hungry. If I'm still hungry I'll eat more.
    exercise: run 5k 3x week and a situp program on my phone
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    5"3
    SW not telling
    GW 140
    even though mfp has me at 1200 I changed it 1280. I workout six days per week and eat some of my exercise calories back.
  • ShadowSylph
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and weigh 220 right now... I've got a long road ahead.
    The smallest I've been as an adult was 110 lbs.
    My goal weight is 130.. no less.
    I'm built a little different than most girls, I think - even when I was 110 lbs I had trouble finding boots that would fit over my calves (haha, yeah, it sucks) - so when I'm 130, I probably look like I'm 115. I don't know if that makes sense or not. My shape is super curvy with a tiny stomach and thick wrists.. so honestly, anything under 130 is a little too tiny for my structure - I looked sick at 110, and fit a size 4 at 130.
    *sigh* but yeah... it's going to be a long road :)
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    HI!
    I'm 32 and 5'2 1/2"

SW 223
    CW 212.6
    GW 140-135

I eat between 1300-1500 calories/day. Depending on how hungry I am I might eat back my exercise calories. I workout 2x per week doing Zumba, but my goal is to increase to 3-4x/wk and add strength training.
  • ShadowSylph
    Options
    oh, yeah, and I eat around 1300 cals, lightly exercise (I need to work on that), and generally losing at least 2 lbs a week if I stick to it. I don't like to eat back my calories, but if I've burned 800 + in a day, I'm too hungry not to eat back half. *shrugs*
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Heaviest weight: 140
    Current weight: 129
    Goal weight: 120
    lowest weight: 115
    Calories: around 1400 calories a day
    Exercise: tracy anderson method, yoga, zumba, running and hiking
  • katesmithy
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Starting Weight: 124.4
    Current Weight: 113.8
    Goal Weight: 104-ish
    Calories: 1200/day
    Exercise: I really don't do much exercise besides taking our dogs for daily 1/2 hour or 45 mins walks. And playing volleyball for 1.5 hours once a week. Also, I eat about 70% of my work out cals back.

a goal of weighing 104lbs is REALLY low = 7st 6lb = underweight bmi
    Please be carefull you are already slim (124lb = 8st 8b ie PERFECT / VERY slimweight)

I was thinking the same thing tbh.. You're the same age/height as me and although I have a curvy figure I'm already starting to fit in to my size 10 (uk) clothes again at 144lbs.. There's a lot of pressure for girls our age to be thin but try not to overdo it.. I'm sure you had a body to die for at your starting weight. Ask other people's opinions of you that you know irl (and listen to them).
    Take note of your BMI above x
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    SW: 279
    CW: 205
    GW: 125-135
    Calories: 1200-1300
    Excercise: 5 days a week. 2 Cardio/Running and 3 Cardio/Strength
  • char982
    char982 Posts: 21
    Options
    Height: 5'2 1/2" (every half inch counts at this height!)
    SW: (almost 2 years ago) 220 lbs
    CW: 140 lbs
    GW: 130-135 lbs

I have my calorie goal set at 1200. Sometimes that's fine, but sometimes I'm way hungry, craving (delicious) high calorie foods, and that's an impossible number. I ride my bike to work and go to the gym about five days a week, during which time I usually burn at least 500 calories. I don't always eat back my calories burned. I've been in chillin in this 140-150 range for nearly a yeary weight loss is coming off veeerrrryyyy slooooooowly. But I know I could be doing more as far as self control goes for my eating habits.

I'm not sure what my goal weight should be. I've been heavy all my life so I don't know what my healthy adult weight is. According to my wrist measurement, I have a large build, so I'm thinking I should be on the larger end of my weight range. I also have some extra skin from losing so much weight--I'm not sure how much, but it could be a few pounds so I don't know if I should take that into account when I figure out what weight I should be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!