Would you date someone on MFP?

Options

Replies

• zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If the right person comes along, why not :-)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    If you're dating on the internet, you're doing it wrong.

I get really annoyed at this attitude for a variety of reasons. I think it's shallow and looking at the world in a very small way. I can't stand closed mindedness.

Internet dating is for people that can't get laid IRL because they're socially awkward. Or they have some sorta severe inferiority complex, and are too embarrassed to try to interact with people in the real world so they date online. And they have huge insecurity issues too fat, too ugly, too slutty, too needy, too pretty.

You can't be serious. I have NEVER EVER EVER had a problem finding a guy who would sleep with me if i wanted to and NEVER have i taken advantage of the opportunity YET i do the online dating thing.

I'm half serious....but I'm 1000% sure people will have a million horrid experiences with internet dating before there is success in their e-dating quest.

well then they're doing it all wrong--I've met maybe 15-20 people online and NONE have been horrid. just not the right fit. how many people do i meet IRL every day that aren't a fit? loads. it's no different.

Right...and match.com tells you about all their failed relationships they helped create.

huh? what does match.com telling me anything have to do with anything?

Comparing what you tell me against what match.com tells people....

Sarcasm doesn't really work through the internet, I guess. ;(

okay...you caught me. i lie online for s***s and giggles. come on. seriously?
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sure. Honestly, I would probably rather meet someone here than a dating site. Because here I know that it would start based more on the intention of motivating health and fitness.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Sure. Honestly, I would probably rather meet someone here than a dating site. Because here I know that it would start based more on the intention of motivating health and fitness.

Well now I know. :wink:
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    If you're dating on the internet, you're doing it wrong.

I get really annoyed at this attitude for a variety of reasons. I think it's shallow and looking at the world in a very small way. I can't stand closed mindedness.

Internet dating is for people that can't get laid IRL because they're socially awkward. Or they have some sorta severe inferiority complex, and are too embarrassed to try to interact with people in the real world so they date online. And they have huge insecurity issues too fat, too ugly, too slutty, too needy, too pretty.

You can't be serious. I have NEVER EVER EVER had a problem finding a guy who would sleep with me if i wanted to and NEVER have i taken advantage of the opportunity YET i do the online dating thing.

I'm half serious....but I'm 1000% sure people will have a million horrid experiences with internet dating before there is success in their e-dating quest.

well then they're doing it all wrong--I've met maybe 15-20 people online and NONE have been horrid. just not the right fit. how many people do i meet IRL every day that aren't a fit? loads. it's no different.

Right...and match.com tells you about all their failed relationships they helped create.

huh? what does match.com telling me anything have to do with anything?

Comparing what you tell me against what match.com tells people....

Sarcasm doesn't really work through the internet, I guess. ;(

okay...you caught me. i lie online for s***s and giggles. come on. seriously?

lol half seriously. =)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    once they add the "share recipes with friends" option. Too much hassle otherwise :tongue:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    ^this. Plus maybe he wouldn't think I'm weird for suggesting trail hiking or geocaching as a first date. :)
  • Fitnessista7
    Options
    If they striked my fancy then of course I would date them =)
  • EdmondAl
    EdmondAl Posts: 5
    Options
    I would and oh by the way I'm single. Just sayin lol
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If I could find someone in my area, sure.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    no, unless my husband was on here :)
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Definately!!!! In fact.......
    Yes, crushie? ;-)

In fact, I met someone truly fantastic who is fabulous at knocking down walls, she is a great shot and likes to hunt squirrels and zombies. She is a runner and loves the beach, fire places, cabins in the woods, and animals.

In fact, she sees that I still have a few walls that need to be knocked down. She is honest and told me the truth even when she didn't have to and I wouldn't have known the difference. Sometimes things are planned well in advance of meeting "the one". You don't know that you are going to meet them and you can't bail on your friends. So it is what it i...wait, I think that was the last wall falling!

In fact...I have serious intentions.... but then you already knew that!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    We didn't meet on MFP, but we did meet online via video gaming. We'll be married 4 years in August, have a 3 year old and don't even remotely dislike each other. I should also add there was 2 year long distance get to know you/dating relationship before we were married. It was strictly online as he lived in Atlanta Georgia and I live in Canada, across from Detroit MI.

There were bumps in the 2 years before we met in person and a few bumps along the way, but we're still going strong!

I personally feel knowing someone online works in your favour. You get to know the ins and outs of someone before worrying about the physical. Lots of talking and such before things get physical.

For me anyways, it helped to lay a solid foundation that we have since built a quite happy life on. From here I can only see it getting better since both he and I are now on MFP and have collectively lost nearly 100 lbs (63 him 30 me).

What a fantastic world it is when you don't have to settle for your 'local" soulmate, but actually have the option to meet your soul partner who can be in any part of the globe!
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online 10 years ago, and we have been married for 4.

If I was single, sure! Nothing wrong with utilizing ALL your options for meeting people!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    YES!!
    <
    single!
    Anyone? Hello!!!! LOL :)
    I love this :bigsmile: You are gorgeous! What is wrong with all these men? :laugh:
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    Most definitely. Obviously...:)
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm only on here to pick up chicks
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sure.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Nope. Even if I weren't happily married. I'm here for the business of lifestyle change and weight loss. I love my pals, but I have NO interest in potential drama on a site where I plan to be for a LOOONNNG time.

I'm here for support towards a goal, not matchmaking. I don't even flirt.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    To add: I think online dating is fine. If I were single, I'd have no problem going to an online dating site because I would expect the focus to be on dating. I'm about straight up health, nothing more, on MFP.