You know you have worked out hard when..

Options

Replies

• sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I can relate to too many of these.

Sweat runs like a stream down my nose onto the floor, even though i have a head band on. Gross. rest of me is soaked also.

This happened Saturday,
    Was doing Plyo jump squats, legs gave out. Then switched to pushups arms and shoulders gave out. Good thing this week is a recovery week.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    it hurts to use the manual can opener.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    when you can't sit up without holding on to something because your abs are burning from the incline situp bench and medicine ball.
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    when every single muscle hurts
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    When you sit on the abductor machine in front of the mirror, and it looks like you have wet your pants because of groin sweat! {don't buy light grey bottoms!!!!!! }
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    For me... when someone asks, are you sunburned? (when I get hot my face gets red, bright red when it is a good workout!) I am a red head with very fair skin.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When you make your husband turn the car around to go BACK to the gym because you forgot your iPod on the treadmill.
  • jamanning28
    Options
    you can't pick up your newborn baby coz he's "too heavy"

Can't tell you the times that I felt this way!!
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :cry: You want to cry everytime you have to sit down or get up and walk, or the day after lunges and you have to hold on to the banister to walk down stairs.
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When you drop something (especially money out of your wallet/running ID holder) and you really have to think about whether it's worth it to bend down and pick it up.

(And a shout out to the kind soul who picked up my hat after my last marathon because they knew bending down was not an option, unless I wanted to stay that way)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are still spazing out over an hour after you leave the gym, as if to say 'seriously dude, wtf were you thinking?'
  • gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When you have a Garmin HR Monitor imprint on your chest, and you cannot possibly undo the strap to take it off...

When trying to take out your contact lenses requires a team effort with your spouse or a child...

When you get out of the gym and cannot insert the car key in the ignition, let alone put your foot on the brake or shift the car into gear...
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    You can't properly sit on the toilet because your hamstrings hurt so much (my current situation!)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    The day after a leg workout you limit your fluid intake so you have to use the restroom less, because sitting & standing is too painful. O.o
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    when you collapse in tears and sweat afterwards!
  • imma_rosta
    imma_rosta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I get in my car and can't drive home because my legs are too shaky to step on the clutch!

Also, today I was so sweaty that I left a wet butt mark on the couch. EEEWW!!!!
  • italiankid96
    Options
    When your [Put body part you worked here] Is physically shaking, because you just RIPPED IT UP lol
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You put off going to the bathroom, because the thought of having to lower yourself down to the toilet makes you wince in pain.... not to mention the thought of needing a crane to pull you back off the pot:)
  • DanTheRunningMan
    Options
    man nips are chaffed.. and it hurts!

Hooo boy. Done that, and that first blast of soapy water in the shower gets your attention.

The other posters are right, though. A bit of Glide applied before heading out will keep you safe.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When all your private areas is covered in sweat...lol...I hate that I tend to sweat there than any other place...