How did 30 Day Shred work for you?

Options

Replies

• TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So I was going to start the 30DS yesterday...but after an EPIC Saturday night...I was lucky enough to get through my regular workout. Then I got called into work. I will start this TONIGHT! After reading your success stories and with the helpful tips you guys have given me, I AM READY.

I think i might even blog each day for the 30 days so I can track my progress/set backs etc.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Find time to do it because it's definitley worth it. I'm on day 8 of level one and can see my body changing shape. You will be sore but it will get better. Days 1-3 can be killer if you're really out of shape like me.
  • do0obie_x
    do0obie_x Posts: 12
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred so much - well just Jillian in general to be honest! I have done it about 3 or 4 times but only twice religiously! And each time seen amazing results!

I started her 6 week six pack on Saturday and I am gonna do that before I do the shred from now on, I am ready to get to my goal weight now, 14 lbs to go!

I have also ordered her book 'Making the Cut' so am hoping that has arrived for me whilst I am at work today :happy:

Go for it, if you can stick to it, which is hard at the beginning, you will love it and you will see great results!

All the best!x
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    how many pounds have you lost? way to go on the workouts and results

i start the 30day shred tonight as long as it has arrived. i have 20-30 pounds to lose....i will take 20 but 30 would be nice...its all baby weight. look forward to getting fit with you all!
  • smbirth
    smbirth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great thread!! Very inspirational!! Guess I better pull out my copy and get busy!! :smile:
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    If you want you can read my blog.
    I put in an entry for every day that I did the Shred although you may want to go to the posts for January cause that's when I did it and now I'm posting about Ripped in 30.
    I posted my results too at the end of my February posts.
    Good luck though, it's tough but it's worth it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hedwighigh

BTW, it killed my weight loss plateau that I was on :drinker:

Edited to post link.
  • MissyLibra
    MissyLibra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The first day was hell. Once I finished, I just d r o p p e d. I couldn't get up, I couldn't walk. Heck, I thought I was gonna die, ahahah. But once I pushed through and did the second day, it improved. Heck, before I knew it, it was not as hard as I thought. The first day of each level is a little rough, but in my opinion, nothing is as hard as the first day of the first level.

I didn't really lose a lot of weight. (Only 9 pounds). But, I didn't have much to lose to begin with. But I toned up like crazy, and no more little belly, nothing. And I had so much more energy and I felt much more comfortable in my skin.

I've done basically all of her DVDs, and I'll say, it's the easiest of them all. It's the perfect one to start and kick it up. I'm so glad I started with that one. It shows results, and it prepares you for whatever else is to come.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys are making me want to give it a go again. Like one of the other gals mentioned, I get so bored with it and give up before I reach level 2. But maybe if I do like someone else did, 5 days at level 1 and then level 2 for 15 days that might work. I think I just talked myself into starting up again tomorrow morning...will make sure to take pics and measurements this time.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Start on a Thursday by washing your hair and braiding it or planning on wearing a hat: combing or blow drying hair after workout 1 is awful. You'll still be able to walk Friday morning but you'll be the most sore on Saturday. By Monday you'll start to feel good and strong and by Tuesday you won't feel constantly sore.

30 Day Shred gets results, but do it with a friend or jump into a 30 day shred thread on MFP. Misery loves company!

If losing weight and looking fantastic isn't enough of a reward, think of rewards for each of the levels (new haircut? new workout pants? iTunes download of more Jillian?

Don't forget before/after pics and measurements! You will want them.

Good luck! I'm so excited for you!
    Excellent advice to start on a Thursday. I will definitely do that, Thanks. I will be doing this with my 17yo daughter, we'll see who kicks who's butt!
  • RileeMarie
    RileeMarie Posts: 113
    Options
    bump!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I've only done it 4 days and have lost 1/2 inch on my waist!!! I don't love it because I'm not in the best of shape and I don't like to struggle. it makes me sweat, which is good and it pushes me to keep pushing even when I'm so sore and tired. I am accountable to me in this thing and I have to do what it takes!
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I have just finished level one and started on level two today. I have had 2 days off; one on day 5 and another on day 11. Both days I wasn't feeling well and entertaining TOM and PMS. I did not loose weight at my log in at day 10 ( I started March 1st and plan to follow through until April 1st) however I did loose 2 inches around my hips/butt. I felt it conducive to measure and weigh myself at all three levels while doing this for the first time. My upper thighs feel it the most during workouts, and that is with me already walking about 4 miles a day. I read on another blog that this workout is a good precursor for weight lifting. *shrug* all I know is that the workout is intense for someone like me who is at a moderate level of exercise to begin with.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 DS about a week ago (now on Ripped in 30) and it did take me a couple of different times to commit and finish the whole DVD. Level 3 was fun and I thought level 2 was the most difficult for the cardio section (I hate oblique twists and plank poses) and it is best to rest at least one day a week with any exercise (so everyone says). It is intense for the 20 minutes she gives, but a great workout for those short on time (like myself). I use a HRM for everyone doesnt burn the same amount of calories so I never went by the "generic" overall calories per workout for I could burn up to 400 calories but mostly was around 350 calories a workout.

I lost 11 pounds (scale doesnt seem to move quickly when exercise is invovled, for me anyways) and overal 5 to 6 inches. My endurance is more, I can see and feel muscle tone, if I was bored I added addtional exercises (like the eliptical) but I was determined to finsish the DVD this time. Good luck and enjoy.
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sooo; from what I'm understanding, you are supposed to do the 30 Day Shred everyday? Is that the intent of the program? Someone just gave me the DVD but it didn't come with any instructions.

I did the 30 day shred every day for 34 days straight..but i think she does recomend taking 1 day of rest a week. .I chose to do it every day b/c it was my intro back into an excersise routine...and b/c it's only 27 min...30 days straight definatly helped me make it a habit..now if i miss a day of workout I totaly feel guilty...It's now my new way of life. .....true the first week is hard with soreness and Jelly legs...but i worked through it!! I now do a mix of Ripped in 30, (not loving as much) 6 week 6 pack..and Extreme Shed and Shred (Which I LOVE!)...I will totaly do 30 day shred again likely in june.
    Best of Luck!!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Love love LOVE 30 Day Shred! I wish everyone would do it! I lost 13.25 inches and 8 pounds on it! I did each level for 10 days and didn't take a break until it was over. My biggest piece of advice: take measurements! I would've been sorely disappointed in the weight loss but I love the inches I lost! My husband and I are now doing the Ripped in 30 series and it is hard but great! Do the 30DS and then share your awesome results on here with all of us! :D
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I started it 4 days ago and found Level 1 a bit easy. But I moved up to Level 2 and it's the right amount. I also tend to do it earlier in the day, and then do Jillian's Kickbox Fastfix at night, which is a lot of fun. It's been good times. I'll let you know how it goes...
  • TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Went to start the shred last night...of course my DVD player wanted to take a vacation. The cord to the old Playstation2 I have is missing and my laptop would NOT hold a charge for ANYTHING. Sometimes i feel as if EVERYTHING around me is against me and my weight loss journey!
    The plan is to stop by Target on my way home to get a DVD player (lets pray I don't get too distracted in Target), take pics and measurements, STRETCH and start that shred! I'm also supposed to go to the gym tonight with my sister, but after hearing about the tortures of day one, I think I may just hang out in the whirlpool.

Thanks for the support guys! This really means a lot to me since I don't have much support outside of MFP. (Sad isn't it?)
  • michelgem
    michelgem Posts: 18
    Options
    i just finished level 1 today and I feel GREAT. i have tried so many dvd workouts before but this one really kicked my butt! its only been ten days and i'm already getting a shape (my waist is curving now), my arms are stronger, i can actually see the bumps of my biceps. I LOVE 30 DAY SHRED!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    great outcomes ladies. i started last night and what a buttkicker. lol. me and my husband are doing this together. it started off really tough but by the ten minute mark my breath was caught up and my legs were burning but a good burn. i was sweatin like crazy and i felt so good afterwards. i printed up numbered pages today to keep up motivated to tear one down at the end of every day. this morning i weighed 161.2. i have been battling with 162-163 for weeks now. it was nice to see a different number. btw...i am also doing weight watchers. so i am already eating pretty well. so i am hoping that this working will do the trick along with walking during our nice weather. heres to hoping. thanks for sharing all your success.
  • privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Options
    Mine is a different story.

I did 30DS before I learned I was insulin resistant. Since it is virtually impossible to lose weight if truly insulin resistant (because IR folks produce excess insulin, which keeps us perpetually in fat storage mode), it's (now) no surprise that I didn't lose an ounce on 30DS. I did all 3 levels, but nothing. My overall fitness improved, at least in terms of the routines getting easier. But I didn't lose any weight and my clothes didn't get any looser.

I'm considering trying 30DS again, now that I'm treating my IR and losing weight predictably. It "should" work better, now. But I'm a bit nervous to switch from what is already working for me (even though it has become a tad repetitive), as I DID try a new DVD workout plan recently, which halted my weight loss for the entire month I did it. Since the weight loss picked right back up at the previous rate, immediately upon switching back to my old routines, it seems kind of obvious that the newer DVD workout was just not strenuous enough (even though it felt like it was, and other users exclaim how "difficult" it is).

Bottom line is, when I did all 30 days and all 3 levels of '30 Day Shred', I didn't lose anything.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!