You know you have worked out hard when..

Options

Replies

• WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    when you end up with the equivalent of diaper rash from your armpit to waist after a treadmill and/or elliptical session. Also, dropkicking a bike after a particularly difficult spin class *true story*.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    When your abs are screaming at you the morning after Deadlift day, and you did no ab specific work.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    man nips are chaffed.. and it hurts!

Hooo boy. Done that, and that first blast of soapy water in the shower gets your attention.

The other posters are right, though. A bit of Glide applied before heading out will keep you safe.

My husband uses Bunion Cushions by DrScholl. They are like an adhesive bandage circle but the center is blank. He runs 90+ minutes and they dont move. I'll get him some glide to try.
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    ahahahahaha:laugh: im reading all of u guys post and all of them are the true most of them !!! some of the are funny but true :laugh:
    i like it
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Your face is redder than Rudolphs nose
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    You're too sore to get off the toilet.

This, it's aweful. I had a few days where I seriously wished I never had to see stairs again, and that I could pee standing up.
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    You feel so hot afterwards (temp wise) than you wear shorts home from the gym in Minnesota in winter.

OMG! I used to live in Minneapolis and I remember walking 2 blocks to the gym to workout and I had on about a zillion layers and was covered from head to toe save a couple of exposed inches of skin on my face. I was literally crying by the time I finished my short walk as I was so freaking cold. MN is brutal! I live in FL now. :-)
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I hate it when you have worked too hard on your forearms/ triceps/ grip strength and you can't pick up any thing. You can't pick up your keys, your water bottle... You feel like you lost all motor function and you are moments from drooling and needing an adult diaper.... At least you feel that way.

I hate that the worst.... When it hurts to turn the key over when in your car leaving gym...
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Okay let's have some fun.. You know you have worked out hard when..

after 60 minutes of vigorous running on the treadmill, you experience the sensation of being too tired to slow down. You feel as though if you do not cease IMMEDIATELY, you will die.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    You can't even have sex the next morning... :sad:
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    When your students (high school age) ask you why you are walking like you were an extra in a prison scene movie - the b*tch role of course!

Gotta love going super heavy on deadlifts, squats, lunges, and presses! :sad:
  • BettyBoop1114
    Options
    When you reallllllly have to force yourself to get up and take a shower...eeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BettyBoop1114
    Options
    Leaving the gym with a curly hairstyle when you know it was straight went you got to the gym......
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    ....you've burned so many calories that after breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack you still have 1500+ cals to eat!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    ..you sweat for an hour after your workout is over.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ...you have to hold on to the knobs on both sides of the bathroom door and use your arm strength to lower yourself onto the throne - because your thighs cannot do anything resembling another squat.

:blushing:
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    ...you can't straighten your arms for 2 days after bicep curls.

OUCh this has so happened to me! :/
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ...you have to hold on to the knobs on both sides of the bathroom door and use your arm strength to lower yourself onto the throne - because your thighs cannot do anything resembling another squat.

:blushing:

This is what I was going to say :) Nicely put! Ha ha.
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    ... your carefully straightened hair is curly again by the time you leave the gym.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    you have to rinse the sweat off your contact lenses so you can see properly to drive home.