You know you have worked out hard when..

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    ... your carefully straightened hair is curly again by the time you leave the gym.

Or give up on straightening your hair all-together because you know it's going to get curly later in the day. Maybe that's just because I'm a lazy *kitten*, though.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You hear and feel your hamstring *SNAP* and drag the leg like a zombie to finish the run! {TRUE STORY!}
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    when you wake up the next muscle and as soon as you twitch you open up a world of hurt lol

When you do sit ups or crunches and you feel sweat go into your ears (the WORST lol)

When you get off the elliptical/treadmill and you stumble either because you're that tired or because it feels weird to no longer be in motion
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    ... your carefully straightened hair is curly again by the time you leave the gym.

Or give up on straightening your hair all-together because you know it's going to get curly later in the day. Maybe that's just because I'm a lazy *kitten*, though.

I generally go to the gym right after work. I like to look nice for work... but sometimes straightening my hair does feel futile. I skip it on my days off.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    When you just drop to the floor after the workout for 10 minutes in a pool of your own sweat, because you feel like you're dying. And then the next morning, you can't even move out of bed beca`1use you're pretty sure your muscles have given up on life.
  • preisler
    preisler Posts: 6
    Options
    You're literally dripping of sweat and younger women give you an exceptionally wide circle of personal space as you leave the gym. But you don't care because it was a damn good workout and sweaty or not, you look better than 95% of the people your age.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ....when you take your shirt off and have to wring it out before putting it back in the gym bag.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    When you're as stiff as a board and limping around the house like an elderly old man. You have a hand on your hip, your back is hunched over, your legs are shuffling along, and the entire time you're listening to the sound of your joints popping like popcorn.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You need to ask for help undoing your bra. Sad, but true :/
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When I can't open a jar my arms hurt so bad..This just happened:laugh:
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    there's an actual sensation in your butt muscles and you keep getting up to see what you're sitting on!
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    after your workout you lay down on the mat to stretch and when you get up you see your very own "Sweat Angel"
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    when you grimace and hold your breath to keep from mumbling curse words when you step up on a curb. squats and lunges make those pesky things painful!!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You reach to high five your training partner, and both of you miss, but decide it's not worth the effort to try again.
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    when anytime you have to move in bed at night, you wake up and have to move your legs with your arms.
  • kmbrleykay
    Options
    When you have a Garmin HR Monitor imprint on your chest, and you cannot possibly undo the strap to take it off...

When trying to take out your contact lenses requires a team effort with your spouse or a child...

When you get out of the gym and cannot insert the car key in the ignition, let alone put your foot on the brake or shift the car into gear...

After the OKC marathon last year (which was cold, rainy & wet) not only was I too tired to move but my fingers were practically numb. It several tries and two hands (literally) to turn the ignition over. & then I had to drive 20 mins to the hotel to shower. My mom & I sat in the car laughing uncontrollably (that post race hysteria) over what it took for me to get the car started.
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you fall down the gym stairs because your legs are jello from the 60 minute elliptical stupidity

HAHAHA!! This ^^^. Never actually fell, but I hold on to the stair rails extra tight.
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You didnt hear the music playing on your ipod, your workout was THAT intense...Love that zone!
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When you're walking like you dropped the soap in prison due to some heavy squats.

LOL. OMG been there.

This is me!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Your face is red for the next half hour.
    You feel it the next day with every step you take and every stair you climb.
    You sleep so well that night, better than you have ever slept before.