does lemon honey on empty stomach before workout help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    if you google, every link says it helps!!
    ps: sorry if am being stubborn, just clearing a doubt i had!!:)

The problem with Google, is it doesn't distinguish science from ideology.

If you enjoy this concoction, drink away.. but don't expect it to replace the tried and true balanced diet, excersize, and calorie deficit.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    its nice for a sore throat but otherwise...:huh:

personally I like food for brekkie, but thats me :tongue:

martyxx
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt you, but there is absolutely no evidence that it is going to help you lose weight. A calorie deficit and regular exercise will accomplish that.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

This is a forum post in a random weight loss website. There is absolutely nothing fact-based (or should I say scientifically supported) in this link.

You need to be very careful when you randomly pick a blog to follow for weight loss advice. There are plenty of them that are full of terrible information.

In an effort to help you, I would very highly regard the following locations for information for you:
    www.body-improvements.com
    www.weightology.net
    www.alanaragon.com
    www.leangains.com
    www.bodyrecomposition.com

The above websites have free resources and many of the articles are supported by peer-reviewed research.

leangains is a great site.
  • radhika1
    radhika1 Posts: 20
    Options
    cool!!! thanks a lot everyone!!! :)
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I drink the juice of one lemon and hot water w/o honey to cleanse the liver but not sure about the losing weight weight part. I read this in Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Recharged.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

This is a forum post in a random weight loss website. There is absolutely nothing fact-based (or should I say scientifically supported) in this link.

You need to be very careful when you randomly pick a blog to follow for weight loss advice. There are plenty of them that are full of terrible information.

In an effort to help you, I would very highly regard the following locations for information for you:
    www.body-improvements.com
    www.weightology.net
    www.alanaragon.com
    www.leangains.com
    www.bodyrecomposition.com

The above websites have free resources and many of the articles are supported by peer-reviewed research.

leangains is a great site.

^ Check the other ones if you haven't. All of those are incredible in my opinion. The amount of quality information on that list is ridiculous.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Lemon water helps me (I don't add honey). Sadly, I workout on an empty stomach most mornings, because I take an AM medication and can't eat for 30-60 minutes.
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    Only thing lemon and honey (and hot water) does is soothe a sore throat.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Honey and lemon in warm water will tend to get your bowels moving, but I don't know what it would do for a workout....
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Honey and lemon in warm water will tend to get your bowels moving, but I don't know what it would do for a workout....
    ^^This

And methinks that's the only way it's going to aid weightloss. it certainly doesn't "melt away the fat" otherwise we'd all be drinking gallons of the stuff and looking as buff as Sidesteal :wink:
  • shankargb
    Options
    i drink lemon and honey in water after i get up and then go for gym!! will it help?

Radhika,

You look great. So obviously drinking warm water with honey helps. I will also start having the same now. Thanks for the tip.
  • Texmom_2003
    Options
    I take it every morning on an empty stomach. Heard it helps in weight loss and also good for health, as honey has good nutrients.

I take a teaspoon of honey+ few drops of lemon and 8oz water.

I haven't witnessed weight loss just with the liquid..but exercise and diet control.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you wouldn't just have tea with lemon and honey. So much yummier. I'm sorry I have nothing to add to this but my love for tea.
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    ok well if your doing cardio as your workout in the morning on an empty stomach then its ok, but if your doing weights and stuff as well for strength training you should be eating about an hour before you workout cause it gives your body fuel.