Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    zk4hfc.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Girls love dangerous carbs! It's a daddy thing, I'm sure.

I'm a sucker for carbs with red lipstick, fishnets and daddy issues.

MAN the low carb crowd is out in force today! Hey guys, we've heard it. We heard it when it was Atkins, we heard it when it was South Beach, we hear you talking about Paleo and when that gets trounced as a fad I'm sure there will be another name for your "eat steak and bacon but dear god don't have a roll ever" diet.

I've known people who lost weight doing it. All those same people gained it back plus at least 5 more. I'm really glad to not be on a fad diet. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of carbs, even bread and sugar, and not only have I not gained weight, but I have actually lost! Crazy, I know, but it's true, you can eat whatever you want and lose weight.

maybe you can - others not so much...fo some people it does matter the TYPE of food rather than just the calories - the OP was just throwing it out there for food for thought...
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Also, everybody`s metabolism is different, that's why I said that if you are curious about it, you should ask!
    I just wanted to share.

"You Are Not Different

All over the internet, on forums dedicated to everything from weight loss to muscle gain, people will loudly argue that they are different. “My metabolism is different.”, “My nervous system is different”, “My muscles are different”, things of that sort. Everyone is a unique and delicate flower, just like their mom told them.

This usually follows them explaining why the good advice that others have used can’t possibly work for them. They are also usually the ones making no progress who won’t even consider trying something else. THEY. ARE. DIFFERENT.

Individuals who have a lot of fat to lose either think that they can magically gain weight eating only a few hundred calories per day, or that they can lose weight just by rearranging their food in some special way. Because their metabolism is different.

Diets play on this of course, hiding the simple fact that they are causing you to eat less in a complicated pseudoscience of macronutrient ratios and such. But there is never any magic to be had when you look at these books critically: it all comes down to making the person eat less, exercise more, or both. It’s just hidden in complex schemes and pseudo-physiology.

Before you think I’m just coming down on overweight individuals, let me say that bodybuilders and athletes want to magically gain muscle and lose fat with a similar rearrangement of nutrients. That by adding some magical nutrient (usually an overpriced supplement) will make them start gaining muscle (or losing fat) without changing the dynamics of the energy balance equation. In the same way diet books play on the frailties of overweight individuals, supplement companies play on the frailties of the athletes telling them to “Use this product if you aren’t gaining” when the real problem lies with the diet or training program.

In short: you can’t beat thermodynamics anymore than anything else in the universe. You. Are. Not. Different. You can’t gain bodymass unless your energy intake exceeds your energy output because you can’t make something out of nothing (muscle or fat). And you can’t lose bodymass unless your energy intake is less than your energy ouput. These are rules that every system in the universe has to follow, including the human body. Nature’s rules, not mine to quote the all-knowing Mr. Miyagi. We may not like them, but we have to live by them anyway."

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • mmbertrand
    Options
    Everybody is different.

I don't like diets, I like the idea of developing healthier eating habits so I don't gain back all the weight afterwards.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It is not a secret to anyone that bread and sugar will make you gain weight,

Huh? No.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    The worst of all carbs, the brotato

brotato.jpg

omggg seriously lolled quite hard at this!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Don't take away my precious carbs!!!
    Smeagol.jpg
  • mmbertrand
    Options
    No need to attack people. I wanted to share and get people curious. I am not telling anyone what to do.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No need to attack people. I wanted to share and get people curious. I am not telling anyone what to do.

"get people curious" means confuse anyone who is ignorant on the subject? Please don't spread misinformation. People should know better, however, you don't want to give false information or mislead a newbie.
  • mmbertrand
    Options

"get people curious" means confuse anyone who is ignorant on the subject? Please don't spread misinformation. People should know better, however, you don't want to give false information or mislead a newbie.

I didn't want to confuse anyone, no need to give me any bad intentions. I don't like misinformation either. I said in my post to ask a professional about it, if you are interested. If you're not, just move on.
  • Sublog
    Options

We understand your intent was not to mislead - however, it did mislead. People come on here all the time and make grand statements which they think are right which has a feedback effect of spreading misinformation to those who don't know any better.
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Everything is OK in moderation.

Carbs good. Greed bad.

BROTATO 4 LIFE.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congrats to your family on their success!

Thanks for sharing your post, but:

^ This satement is void of context and dosage. Neither of the above items will cause weight gain unless you're eating in excess of your calorie expenditure.

Or unless you have a carbohydrate intolerance and then you can stay under calories all you want and can still gain weight.
  • Sublog
    Options

^ This satement is void of context and dosage. Neither of the above items will cause weight gain unless you're eating in excess of your calorie expenditure.

Or unless you have a carbohydrate intolerance and then you can stay under calories all you want and can still gain weight.

O'RLY?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • Kristen34w
    Options
    Mean, Angry, Dangerous Carbs!!

3907614368_9b4585002d.jpg

I love this pic!
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    owl-nowai.jpg
  • JeanieEasterling
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME SMILE. :-)
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It is not a secret to anyone that bread and sugar will make you gain weight
    No kidding...I was not aware of this. Silly me, I thought it was an excess of something that made me gain weight. :flowerforyou:

Are we here for support or to make fun of people and be little them?

These kind of post do not help anyone reach their goal, if you have nothing nice to respond with keep it to your self please. People are sharing experiences and what may or may not work for them. Weight loss is a hard thing to deal with for many of us.

I just ask that we all play nice.