Working mom needs kid friendly crock pot recipe's!!

Options

Replies

• MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Boneless pork loin in bottom of crock, jar of peach preserves over the pork, potatoes on top. Don't add liquid. Cook on low for 6 hours.

and BUMPPPPP for later reading;0)
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump ditty bump for after hours reading...first few look yummy!!!
  • ToBeSmaller
    Options
    bump
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vivifsu
    vivifsu Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • megaloohoo
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com! I have 4 kiddos and a very busy life and her recipes are not only delicious but HEALTHY too!
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    bump...definitely want to try some of these
  • tawnajean
    tawnajean Posts: 20
    Options
    Not sure if anyone posted this yet or not. I just cook up a whole bunch of chicken all on one day:

CROCKPOT (makes delish shredded chicken) I dump a whole package of boneless skinless frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with just a little bit of taco seasoning and 1 cup of water or broth. 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW. Then I divide it up into about 3 cup portions and freeze it or use it during the week. I use it for tacos, enchiladas, BBQ chicken or even chicken salad sandwiches.

SKILLET (get out your biggest skillet and plan on cooking in about 3 batches) I get a big package of non-frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them up and cook in batches in a skillet with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Again I divide it up into 3 cup portions. I use that for stirfry, casseroles, chicken on salad.

Basically, I cook the chicken with minimal seasonings, then add additional flavors when I use it for a meal. Also, I will do both then same day since the crockpot is so easy :)
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My son, who has never met a vegetable he truly liked, likes this:

1 package of butter beans, picked through
    2-32 oz. boxes organic vegetable broth
    1 small turkey ham, cut into bite sized cubes
    3-4 cloves chopped garlic
    1 small purple onion quartered
    3 stalks of celery, chopped small*
    3 carrots, peeled and chopped small*

Throw it all in a crock pot--cook on high for one hour, then reduce to low for 6-8 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste when beans are tender, and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.

*I chop small because he'll eat the veggies if they don't really stick out.

Ladle into bowls and serve with some homemade cornbread.
  • rhogar00
    rhogar00 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rahrah82
    rahrah82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You can even just throw in frozen chicken breasts, and cover them with water. Put in a couple garlic cloves and spices and then when you get home you have chicken ready to be shredded for chicken tacos or burritos/enchiladas. What kid doesn't like those!
  • TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I know people put frozen chicken in a crockpot but if you ever research the proper way to thaw out chicken and cook it, it is not recommended...but then again, neither is most of the ways a lot of people actually thaw it out.

I cook frozen chicken all the time
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump!