How did 30 Day Shred work for you?

Replies

• britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    I completed it last Friday and lost a total of 8.5 inches all over, and the difference wasnt obvious to me until I posted my pics on here the other day. I loved doing it and have actually started doing it all over again lol, I hated level 2 with a passion and have to say level 3 was my favourite. You feel fantastic when you complete it, so much more toned and a lot stronger, make sure you take your measurements and before pics as it keeps you motivated, I did 10 days on each level and would take a pic every 10 days. Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing your pictures!

do you think its possible to do more of level 1 ,and skip level 2, then straight to level 3 ? i am on my third week of level 1 because last week when i tried level 2 it was an epic fail and i am left with painful knees...i took a look at level 3 and thought it looked like i might be able to do it w/out having done level 2. any thoughts on that ?
  • TieshTheGreat
    TieshTheGreat Posts: 29 Member
    Well I finished Day 1 Level 1 a few mins ago. Wasn't as bad as I expected.

Started my blog too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TieshTheGreat
  • cocoma1
    cocoma1 Posts: 10
    I started 30DS on the1st did two days and had a bad PMS week. Started back this week and finished two more days of level 1. Good luck and I am right there with you!
  • Hi, only one piece of advice for you when you start the shred. Strech, strech, strech or you will not be able to walk down stairs or get up and down from a chair. Jillian doesn't do any quad streches before you begin. So, after warm up, stop dvd and strech out your legs or you will be sorry. Muscle tone shows up after only one week. If you control your eating I'm sure you will lose weight. You burn about 185 to 200 calories with each 20 minute workout. (I read that on one of the workout sites) Good Luck!:smile:

i hope you see this she is soooooooo right i am on day two of the shred and OMG i cant walk up and down stairs harldy or sit down or stand up without screaming ... haha do what she says.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    I am on level 3 day one done, I missed 2 days on level 2 because I didn't like it and it hurt my knees, I love level 3.

So far in cms I have lost neck -2, waist -3 and hips -6.

Stick with it, it gets results!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 391 Member
    You will hear this a lot - 30 Day Shred helps to lose inches! This DVD was the first one I started in the beginning of January (at the beginning of my "weight loss journey") and helped me lose four pounds. I'm already pretty tiny at a starting weight of 114 and currently down to 105, but it was a great start. It completely reshaped my back and arms, gave my thighs a more taut feeling, and really proved beneficial for my stomach and love handles. I highly reccommend it, just because it gets you in shape. I am in love with Jillian MIchael's DVDs. I will admit, I took a few rest days - 10 to be exact, so the program took me 40 days to complete because I made sure to do each level ten times. Honestly, just stay dedicated. I hate that I took so many rest days and that I didn't devote myself enough. I found myself half-assing the workouts and staying wtihin my calorie goal, but eating too much junk. Give it your all!

PS. If you'd like to see my progress pictures, they're in my photos on my profile! There are some that were after 10 days (the first level) and a few befores. Check them out if you'd like!

And best of luck (:
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    does anyone know how to add the 30 day shred to the exercise section on here? its kinda a pain to dissect everything

I asked this previously and most people said they used 'circuit training' for the 30 Day Shred.

You can add it by going under my exercises and adding it on your own. I use my HRM to know how many calories I burned, so I would have JM 30 DS level....
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    I completed it last Friday and lost a total of 8.5 inches all over, and the difference wasnt obvious to me until I posted my pics on here the other day. I loved doing it and have actually started doing it all over again lol, I hated level 2 with a passion and have to say level 3 was my favourite. You feel fantastic when you complete it, so much more toned and a lot stronger, make sure you take your measurements and before pics as it keeps you motivated, I did 10 days on each level and would take a pic every 10 days. Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing your pictures!

do you think its possible to do more of level 1 ,and skip level 2, then straight to level 3 ? i am on my third week of level 1 because last week when i tried level 2 it was an epic fail and i am left with painful knees...i took a look at level 3 and thought it looked like i might be able to do it w/out having done level 2. any thoughts on that ?

I personally dont see why not, as long as it is done right.? I was able to pass level 1 and so when I decided to tackle the DVD again, I just did addtional level 2 and level 3 to make up for level 1. I love level 3, I think it is easier than level 2.
  • sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    I've now done my 2nd day and I'm struggling to lift my arms or carry anything heavy! Here's hoping it gets easier over time...
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 353 Member
    It does get easier. I'm completing Level 1 tonight. I am a little sore after the workout but a good kind of sore. If you can make it past the first 3 days you'll be fine.
  • completed level one day 2 last night. i was not as out of breath and used hand weights this time....i didnt have them the first night. i am more sore today but its a good sore. i am feeling so motivated. keep up the good work ladies.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 359 Member
    Started up again last night...hope I don't get bored this time! Think I will only do 5 days of level 1 and then move up. I gotta admit though, listening to Jillian drives me batty...
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    After reading all of these inspriational stores, I went to Target last night and purchased it for $9. I'm starting it today over lunch, and am looking forward to it. You all have seen those commercials where people get paid to say a product works or whatever, but hearing something that works from all of you, I know it's money well spent. If I'm understanding correctly, you should do each level for 10 days, right? Looking foward to it, and will post how I've done throughout. Thanks again all!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    After reading all of these inspriational stores, I went to Target last night and purchased it for $9. I'm starting it today over lunch, and am looking forward to it. You all have seen those commercials where people get paid to say a product works or whatever, but hearing something that works from all of you, I know it's money well spent. If I'm understanding correctly, you should do each level for 10 days, right? Looking foward to it, and will post how I've done throughout. Thanks again all!

It's completely up to you! I'm on day 18 and am on my 3rd day of Level 3, Level 1 became too easy for me so moved up to Level 2 after a few days, that got less challenging so decided to move up to Level 3 and i'm loving the challenge. Do what your body can, some people do 2 levels a day. It completely depends on the person :)
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    BUMP
  • HAHA...sorry this is my husbands account! Anyways....It works you SO GOOD in 20 minutes! I used to do it after I had my 3rd child in 2008 and I toned up fast (I jog for 20 min too). I did each level for 10 days and then after the 30 days for maintenance. I just started again 2 days ago and can barely move, haha. Try it! Good luck.:happy:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    It was one of the only work outs that I didn't hate! I didn't track my loss that time, but it made me feel and look more toned, and I felt it kicking my *kitten* daily! I stayed on a level until I was really ready to move forward, just a thought. Rock it girl!! You're going to love it!
  • pupate87
    pupate87 Posts: 2
    Hi could you tell me where I can get more information about the 30 day shred? Thank you.
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    I think it is fine to do whatever levels work for you. The way I understood it was that the different levels are just to change it up and hand work your muscles in a different way.
  • jboltz19
    jboltz19 Posts: 14
    I am on Level 2, Day 2. I did not know at first that you are supposed to do this every day - I always thought you were supposed to give yourself a day of rest for your muscles! anyways - I've learned I was wrong and after doing Level 1 10 times (over about 3 weeks) I did Level 2 for the first time Monday...WOW was I sore - I loved it! FYI - I started with 3lb weights and have moved up to 5lbs for some exercises. First time through Level 2 I did all 3lbs, may stick with that for the first 5 days, then up it!

I am going to do 10 days of Level 2 in 12 days (two rest days) and then I have a short vacation where I wont be able to workout as much. Immediately upon returning from Vacation I am going to do 2 days of Level 1, 3 days of Level 2 then up to Level 3. I like to rest on Fridays since that is DH and mine's date night - so I try to switch levels on Thursday to give myself the rest after the shock of a new level!

After hearing so many good comments about it I think I'll do Ripped in 30 (which I own) after 30DS. After 10 sessions, I am down 3 lbs, I didn't measure myself but I know I am down inches because I can feel it. I am only trying to lose 5 more lbs and then just tone.

Good Luck All!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!