Is your stomach shaped like a "B"?

Options

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be the Capital B in more than one way.. LOL... yes I have the Capital B shape AND I can be a *B* at times.

My Capital B is getting smaller but not going away. And if you think that wearing tight pants is making you a Capital B, you are wrong. LOL. Is no one else laughing at this thinking? If that were the case, I would be a Capital X because I wear corsets and shapewear that make me look like a X. But low and behold, when I take off the shapewear, I am right back to a darn Capital B. Sigh. Such is life.

I went to a plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck and he said I would need to have the muscle in the lower ab area tightened with stitches from the inside and the stomach skin pulled down tight because the muscle may have loosened / ripped during pregnancy. I just want to look normal. I hate my stomach so much. And the more weight I lose, the worse the skin gets. Even though I went from an 18 to an 8, I still have fat above and below the belly button.

I would say, don't give up on diet / exercise, but there is always surgical answers if it is still bad at your goal weight.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i have that too! i lose inches, but i carry a pouch of chub right on my ribs, under my bust! i don't know how to make it flatten with the rest of my stomach.. so strange!

I have this exact thing, however it's gone from the left side, but still there on the right, looks so bizarre! 'hi im fat i'll leave this bit but leave the exact thing on the other side' bah!
  • stormy_eyez742
    stormy_eyez742 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hate that any of us have to deal with this but it's also comforting to know I'm not alone. This has been an issue all my life, even as a kid. Since having my own children, losing weight, and getting older (cruel, cruel gravity) mine now looks like a very depressed, sad "B". Hopefully as I continue my weight loss/fitness journey it will get less noticeable. I have a feeling my "B" will have to be surgically turned into an "I" though. Great topic, btw, I'm glad you asked this question!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, although it is a bit smaller than it was. Hoping it will continue to shrink. Glad to know i'm not the only one!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I have this too. From the front I'm finally starting to see a waist defined. From the side-B.
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We are kindred souls, because I have the inside knees too!!! Even when I was "skinny" I had the inside knees
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    My "B" turned into a "b" and then turned into a "l"

Just hang in there, you're correct, spot reducing doesn't work. Be patient and stay on track, you can do this!

SO glad you said this! I have it, too, and while it's turning into a "b", I was hoping it would someday turn into an "l"!
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This thread made me realise my B is now a b
    :D
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    interesting reading the trouser theory.
    i have a big belly but smaller waist, bum and legs so my trousers always sit in my B.
    my friend wears her trousers lower and has a perfect little pot belly, all cute and round not flabby and B'ish like mine!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    i have a big belly but smaller waist, bum and legs so my trousers always sit in my B.
    my friend wears her trousers lower and has a perfect little pot belly, all cute and round not flabby and B'ish like mine!

Yea the trouser theory was interesting. I don't know what kind of trousers I should be wearing to reverse the issue. I refuse to wear "mom jeans". LOL
  • chairperson
    Options
    Alright, one more response to this. Since I hadn't ever thought to compare my stomach to a letter B before, I was reading up on another trait recently. My belly fat is very soft, but I see a lot of people with what appear to be much harder, rounder bellies. There is apparently a very serious difference between those types of fats. In people that have harder rounder bellies, the fat tends to be built up between their organs, it's a deeper harder fat. People with softer bellies tend to have more of that fat just below the epidermis, and it's softer looser fat. [very liberally described]

Here's a basic description:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/338079-soft-belly-fat-vs-hard-belly-fat/

I have both a soft belly and a B belly. If these two traits go hand-in-hand then it looks like we may have the better end of the bargain, health wise. Haven't spent a lot of time poking other people's bellies though...so, yeah. No idea.
  • Kris3017
    Kris3017 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had a B shape my whole like, even when I was awkwardly thin in my youth I had a pooch around my bellybutton that I used to refer to (kindly and loving) as my "doughnut". I pretty sure this is just the way my body shaped, which is not probably true of most people's bodies. I am going to try something called Ultrasonic Cavitation and Radio Frequency which I bought on groupon. It's totally noninvasive and painless (I've done a couple already), but it's supposed to liquify fat cells and then you basically pee them out. . . sounds like magic, it may be a scam, but I bought it on groupon so it cheap and I thought it was worth looking in to.
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Yea the trouser theory was interesting. I don't know what kind of trousers I should be wearing to reverse the issue. I refuse to wear "mom jeans". LOL

I went to just wearing jeans that fit properly, rather than something I had to get into with a shoehorn lol. I was seriously wearing jeans in high school that were probably two sizes too small, because I didn't want to have to go up to a bigger size. That line in my waist is totally from the pants. It has gotten somewhat better over the years (it used to be really severe and sometimes painful), but it is still there.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Alright, one more response to this. Since I hadn't ever thought to compare my stomach to a letter B before, I was reading up on another trait recently. My belly fat is very soft, but I see a lot of people with what appear to be much harder, rounder bellies. There is apparently a very serious difference between those types of fats. In people that have harder rounder bellies, the fat tends to be built up between their organs, it's a deeper harder fat. People with softer bellies tend to have more of that fat just below the epidermis, and it's softer looser fat. [very liberally described]

Here's a basic description:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/338079-soft-belly-fat-vs-hard-belly-fat/

I have both a soft belly and a B belly. If these two traits go hand-in-hand then it looks like we may have the better end of the bargain, health wise. Haven't spent a lot of time poking other people's bellies though...so, yeah. No idea.

Another interesting comment. Thanks for sharing. Will check out the article.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I read the article ,interesting. I have a soft B lol. But I'm learning not to stress it anymore. My main goal is to lose weight to be healthy. Second is looking good. Out in public I wont be naked lol so most people wont see anything. The right clothes can work wonders. There are always body shapers too. And I have seen lots of pic of cute bathing suits I could wear. My bf is the only one seeing me naked and theres always lingerie :love: . He loves me now so if I get better how can he not love me then lol.

I really did worry about this all the time when I first started losing. Loose skin, stretch marks, saggy belly, cellulite. I fixated on it. I probably put on stress weight lol. To me, its not worth worrying about anymore. There are so many amazing people on here happy with how they turned out. I want to be one of those people!

Try to focus on the good and the positive!

:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • mholmes1104
    mholmes1104 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Omg i have the B shape belly too i thought it was just me i have been having panic attacks thinking that there is something wrong with me. I have lost nearly 3st but its still there :-( reading these post has put my mind at rest so thank you .:-D
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    This is me! Ugh!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I do too. I really think this is normal.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most affirming threads I've read here - honestly I thought I was freakish and deformed! I'll work as hard as I can, eat the best I can, and ultimately accept the body I have... but wow is it nice to nice I'm not the only one.
  • Angie2822
    Angie2822 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's me for sure, I have never refered to it like that but as soon as I read it I was like WOW that's me. I am meeting with a trainer next week in hopes of getting rid of it forever.