what size were you at 195lbs...

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    at 190 and 5'7" I was a size ten/twelve.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4... 5'5 on a good day. Im currently 197 pounds and Im wearing a size 17. Although they are a little baggy, but I cannot fit into a 16 yet.... And im rather evenly shaped i think.
  • dd3377
    dd3377 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' . at 195lbs , I wore a size 14
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I was a 14.
  • runnerwithin
    Options
    14 and some 16 and xl shirts at 5 5. It really depends on pants though.

me too although sometimes an xl was pushing it
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think comparing sizes is so surprising. You can have three women of the same height who weigh the same and they could all be in different sizes. Some women are more hippey, some have broader shoulders. It's just interesting how differently each body is made. :-)
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 190 and wore a size 14 and my tops were large, but I am 5'4. I am now 143 and wear between a 4 and 6. A size 4 fits a little too snug and the size 6 is a little too loose.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your percentage of muscle versus...well..."non-muscle" (fat). At one point I was a size 12 at 140 lbs and later on in life, when I started working out a lot (and doing weights), I was back to 140 lbs but wore a size 6!. So, it really all depends :-/

BTW, today I would not be able to maintain that weight....at least I don't think so. Somewhat far from that weight now to really say.
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Was between a 16 & 18 at 195lbs, size XL shirt. I'm in a dress in this pic but I was around 195 here and I'm 5'5.

IMG_2666-1-1.jpg
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    195 lbs... size XL shirt, 46/30 pant. Eeek.
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    I'm 5'6. I wear a very loose 14 curvy fit in slacks and will probably go to a 12 soon and large on the shirt sizes. On the skirts it just depends.
  • bwstaff
    bwstaff Posts: 1
    Options
    I have not been quite as high as that but I must say - the responder who said she had a friend who was 195 and wore a size 10 must have a very muscular friend. The last time I wore a 10 I weighed 130; and I was fairly fit at that point. Now after health issues have set in, I am 5'5 1/2, weigh 170 and wear a size 16. And sometimes that is tight.
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and weigh 202 at the moment and wear all 16's and 14's are still a little too tight but by 195 I might be there. I wear XL tops, probably could wear L but I don't like tight fitting tops usually.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I can wear 16 but I couldnt wear my 16 petite whatever that it.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on a lot of factors, like how toned you are. I was 195 when I started here. I wore 14's but 16's were so comfortable I bought 18s =P
    I was getting up there, 16-18 and XXL.
    35 lbs lost and I can wear most 10s (jeans) now. I still have a lot of toning I want to do but I am out of the plus size dept

Glory Hallelujah!
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    These numbers are pretty surprising to me! When I was at 197 at 5'6, which was my highest weight, I was a 14 or 16 on bottom, large on top. Now at 167ish, I'm wearing 12s on the bottom that are kinda loose, but still don't know if I'd be comfortable in 10s, though I'm solidly a medium in tops now. I knew I was pear shaped, but I guess I'm more extreme pear than I thought!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I was a size 8/10 at that weight.... Depends how much muscle to fat ratio u have! Everyone should lift weights at least a couple times a day.
    Ditto but it also depends on the clothing and how you are shaped. I'm pear shaped and would buy size 14 pants and get the waist altered professionally to about a size 8-10.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and was in size 14 pants moving toward size 16 at 197 pounds. My tops were size X-Large. That was the highest I ever weighed. I am so glad I found MFP :bigsmile:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    That's a little depressing for me. I remember in high school being 165 and still wearing a 14 at 5'10".
    It's all in the way we (especially as women) carry it. At 5'9" I was a 16-18/XL-1X at 195 but I'm a 10-12/M-L at 175.
    I've always been very hour glass shaped but after having my son my hips spread like they were butter!

ETA: I'm also a LOT more muscular than I've ever been. Lift! It really is good for you, no matter who disagrees!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    remember the traveling pants movie...all those girls could wear the same pair of jeans splendidly......