Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need chocolate....help?

Replies

• KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Fage nonfat yogurt + sugar + coca (and if you want + peanut butter) = yum
  • epye
    epye Posts: 15 Member
    Have a few chocolate chips....Dont chew them, just let them melt in your mouth....Works for me :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Just tried the new Nature Valley Granola Thins Dark Chocolate squares=80 calories Delicious.
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    I'm sooo bad with the chocolate. Played a big role in the weight I gained. I treat myself to the WW Desserts. My favorite being the chocolate chip cookie dough. I try to only eat them in days that I make it to the gym.

Another would be sugar free chocolate pudding. It's something like 60 calories per serving.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    I'm CRAVING chocolate...I even let myself have a little piece today, hoping that it would satisfy my craving. I'm going to look at sugar free cocoa tonight after work, and if I get really desperate I'll make "ice cream sandwiches" by putting light cool whip between chocolate grahams and freezing it (an old weight watchers recipe). I know I need to overcome it, but does anyone have a healthy solution or recipe to satisfy the chocolate craving?

What I do is have some raw cocoa powder and have about a sprinkle of that on my cracker things I make... It works for me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You could mix that with some yogurt??? or philly! Have seen they do a choc flavor xx

Just a thought xxxxxxxxx
  • cmulder67
    cmulder67 Posts: 2 Member
    I just tried a new creation - Mocha Quinoa. Only 99 calories per serving and very good for you.

I cooked 3/4 cup of quinoa in 1 3/4 cups of left over coffee from this morning (bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes). Then I added 1 cup of chocolate soymilk, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, and 2 packets of stevia sweetener. The result is kind of like a coffee and chocolate rice pudding and is high in fiber, low in fat, low in sugar.

This recipe makes 6 - 1/2 cup servings. Per serving: 99 calories, 15.8 g carbs, 1.8 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 22 mg sodium, 183 mg potassium, 2.7 g fiber and only .7 g of sugar.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Usually when I crave something like chocolate I take it as an indication that my body is looking for something. I make a smoothie to get natural sugars from the fruit and it works every time...and is more filling too :)
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    i just limit the amount of chocolate i have!! i used to be able to eat several candy bars a night now i try to have less. i bought mini or snack size candy pieces and one or two a night totally hits the spot!! :D
    good luck!!
  • dmcklouky
    dmcklouky Posts: 16 Member
    If you live near a Trader Joes they have dark chocolate nibs... little cocoa bites at 1 cal each.
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    I just tried a new creation - Mocha Quinoa. Only 99 calories per serving and very good for you.

I cooked 3/4 cup of quinoa in 1 3/4 cups of left over coffee from this morning (bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes). Then I added 1 cup of chocolate soymilk, 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, and 2 packets of stevia sweetener. The result is kind of like a coffee and chocolate rice pudding and is high in fiber, low in fat, low in sugar.

This recipe makes 6 - 1/2 cup servings. Per serving: 99 calories, 15.8 g carbs, 1.8 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 22 mg sodium, 183 mg potassium, 2.7 g fiber and only .7 g of sugar.
  • TiltingAtWindmills
    TiltingAtWindmills Posts: 44 Member
    So glad you asked. I crave chocolate too! I'm working on the healthy recipe ideas. In the meantime if I can't stave off a craving, I go for moderation or low cal: I may make some chocolate skim milk, have just a few M&Ms (letting them melt in my mouth rather than chomping on them helps), or in a serious craving I make chocolate pudding using skim milk. I hear great things about the fiber one brownies.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I found this on MFP a while ago, and then tweaked the recipe. Very chocolaty, and a decent sized serving. Just saying, helps when your craving chocolate. lol

65 Calorie Brownies - http://adventuresincookinglite.blogspot.com/2012/03/chocolate-brownies.html

i-K6zVtFc-M.jpg
  • Cliff Builder Bars (Chocolate Protein Bar) totally satisfies my chocolate needs plus its healthy and fuels my body for working out! :)
  • I agree with the last post!
    I have a protein bar (South Beach Diet whipped chocolate and almond) it's only 100 calories, and it's sooo good!!
    Totally satisfies my choco craving and it's sort of good for you, haha.
  • Bb51808
    Bb51808 Posts: 3
    Try using coconut oil 2 Tbsp + coco powder + artificial sweetner (truvia). Mix together and you can throw in nuts, unsweetened cocnut, etc. chill in fridge and enjoy!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    1 piece of Godiva's 85% cacao Extra Dark Chocolate does it for me.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Have some quality dark chocolate.. it should satisfy your cravings after a piece or two.

I get the quality dark choc with chili pepper in it. It will satisfy your choc craving and it has a kick to it. YUMMY :love:

12908857.png
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Get some of the fine chocolate with chili peppers in it. It will first taste like that amazing chocolate that you are craving in a small bite and then heat up. You will be fine with one piece. and you get your fix.

this for sure!

12908857.png
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    I grub on a fiber one 90 cal peanut butter and chocolate chunk bar when I get that way! It hits just the right spot!