Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    If I wear heels when I'm going to be walking a lot, I get severe lower back pain the next day (even with low heels).

So, I love how they look, but I can't do the heel thing often.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Love heels too. i don't wear them unless I go out, but just walk with confidence and honestly, get good shoes. A good quality stiletto can be extremely comfortable!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Now that I'm 40 lbs lighter I love wearing heels. I will only wear them if they are comfortable and finding an affordable/comfortable heel is sometimes hard to come by.

Does anyone have a problem with their heels becoming too big for them after losing weight? Its only by 1/2 an inch or so but when you walk it makes a difference if you feel like your foot is going to slide out a little. Is there anything you can do for them so they fit better? I hate to have to not wear them because my foot shrunk a little.
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I recommend starting with a wedge or espedrill (spelling :() One with ribbon that ties up your ankle may be a good start to get used to the feel, and help with balance. They are also great for spring and summer, once your good at that, move on to a pump, and don't forget inserts, I like Dr. sholls inserts.
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I NEVER wear heels. They hurt my feet too much. I'm 5'4 and okay with being short. I only wear flats!!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Oh I do the park/ride to work so I go to work in a flat or a tennis shoe and then change into my heels at work. Yes I am one of those that you see wearing a pair of Nike's w/ a dress or skirt. I don't care...it saves my feet a ton!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Absolutely can. I'm rocking 5" platform stilettos right now at work. Love, love, LOVE the way I feel when I wear heels :happy:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I ***LOVE*** to wear heels.
    I like all kinds of heels, but my favorites are my 6" wedges. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hell to the no! LOL

I hate wearing heels of any height. My walk is so awkward in them and, besides, I'd rather walk around barefoot or in flip flops.

I wear them occasionally when I have to for social functions but they always end up coming off and I walk around barefoot, :laugh:
  • jacalou
    jacalou Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I feel like a horse when I'm in heals, because all you here is clump clump clump. Boots and flats all the way.

Since I was a little girl, my favourite shoes have always been the ones that make a clickety-clic when I walked... Think red patent leather Mary-Janes (so glad I have girls now!)

Love heels and don't care that I stand taller than my hubby when I wear them!
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not atm need to do more shoe shopping cos my.nsv is feet that have shrunk meaning most of my sexy heels are now too.big... That said give me a pair of snexy heels and lingerie and you.could stick me in a trash bag.and I'd feel great.x
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i wear heels almost everyday and im 5'11" barefoot. :p the weather up here is nice ;)

my suggestion would be to start off with a high wedge style shoe. this offers balance while still giving you the heel height, plus theyre comfy! i personally dont like any heel less than 3.5inches.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I buy them but can't walk in them, I feel so unstable and I look like an idiot.
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I feel sooooo sexy in my heels!!! I call them my stripper shoes!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    I have more of a problem wearing flats than heels. I've always been a heel wearer. Today's shoes are 5" with a platform.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I rock 4" heels daily
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Heels are more comfortable than flats, IMO.

If I'm going out, I'm most likely in heels :wink:
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    I do not, unless I have no choice. I'm a tomboy at heart, and walking in heels is uncomfortable and makes me feel like a complete idiot
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I stick with flats. I find heels to be painful and too restrictive.
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options
    I've tried heels and its just not for me. Balancing my weight on two little things is not easy1