Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    No heels unless it's a special occasion. I'm a converse sneakers kinda girl.
  • dnewton123
    Options
    I love love love heels!!!! They make you feel so much sexier. Your legs look longer and your butt looks firmer. Practice makes perfect though. I'm only 5'2" so I also need the height. ;-D:flowerforyou: :heart: :smile: :love:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I do not walk.
    I strut :wink:
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have been walking PROPERLY in heels for about ten years. LOL My grandmother taught me when I was 9. I hate wearing flats, but with a baby and a two year old... I have to. Flats hurt my feet because I have such a high arch. Heels are wayyy more comfortable. If you buy heels, dont get cheap heels... They just hurt your feet. Get a good pair. You could search around online on brand name websites and find sales/clearance sales and get a $250 pair of shoes for $100! You could also try and find coupon codes. Alot of places like Neimans and Nordstroms have free shipping/returns.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I ♥ heels.

Can I walk in them... ehhh.. so so. Most of them are just for looking at when my feet are over my head.

I JUST READ THIS! LMAO!!! XD
    ...I have a pair of red ones for that purpose, too... :P

Agreed! That is the best response in this thread so far. And dammit, now I want to go shoe shopping :tongue:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You ladies are inspirational!

Growing up, I never wore heels. It actually wasn't until meeting my husband that I started wearing them. Now, I wear 5 inchers once in a while. I have to say, my legs do look nice in heels :happy:

I am more comfortable with wedges, but because of all of you I'm motivated to wear heels more often.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i used to practice at home when i was very young. i can now wear 4-5 inches with no platform easily and comfortably. with a platform it is much easier. i have 6.5 inch heels that have a 1.5 inch platform and i can almost run in those. platforms are cheating but they help a lot! how do you think strippers dance in those high *kitten* heels? LOL!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The key to walking in high heal is to get a great fit. Don't get too high of an arch. Make sure the toes are not squished so they can spread out. Much better that way. I don't wear them daily but when I go out for a special occassion with my husband they give me a new fresh attitude and make me feel younger. :o)
  • mwhitefield
    mwhitefield Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I never wear heels unless going out to a club, or special occasion. I'm only 5'0 so I could use the weight but would rather not put in the effort lol Not to good at walking in them and I can admit it. Sometimes with the dress im wearing flats would just look silly so I need to wear heels.
  • Blondeweightloss
    Options
    I always wore heels until the last few years and my huge weight gain, now after 5 minutes in anything over an inch and my legs are swelling up and my veins are showing up :(
    After I lose my weight I am going to be back in them but nothing over 3 inches as my husband is already an inch shorter than me in bare feet and I feel his mother not his wife when I am towering over him haha!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I love love love heels!!!! They make you feel so much sexier. Your legs look longer and your butt looks firmer. Practice makes perfect though. I'm only 5'2" so I also need the height. ;-D:flowerforyou: :heart: :smile: :love:

Yeah, I agree. My backside does look firmer. I'm also 5'2" and my husband is 6'5", so we definitely look better together when I'm a few inches taller. :laugh:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Start with smaller heels and work up to the bigger inches. Or, try wedges. I can do stiletto heels, but they put a lot of pressure on the balls of your feet, so I try to stick to a more substantial heel so there is a little more weight distribution and a lot less pain.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I do not walk.
    I strut :wink:

^^^ Own it girl!! Heels are for strutting =]
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am a shoe *kitten*.....lol....i love all my heals....and i am itching to get a new pair for spring but refuse until i hit my goal.
    Practice around the house (wear them even if your not doing anything) to get used to them if you really want to wear them.
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    O love heels I can't wear all of them though and never have been able to walk in the ones with a thin sole. I prefer the platforms so there is some shoe between me and the floor or walkway. I broke my hip a few years ago and it has been hard to regain any sort of balance. I am taking dance classes now so I went and tried on all the cute heels at Khols (yes I am cheap because dance class is expensive) There is a huge difference in the feel of some heels even in brands. The Jennifer Lopez brand was comfortable but most of them didn't fit me an 8 (my usual size) was too big and a 7.5 was too small I settled on a very cute pair by Vera Wang but I also found a cheaper pair by Candies that was really comfortable but bright colors.

The bad thing is that it varies from brand to brand and shoe to shoe so just go try them on...put both shoes on and walk around in them for a few minutes. I didn't believe it when I was told it was all in the shoe but really it is
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can walk in them. I don't find the spiky stilettos particularly comfortable but I'll wear them on special occasions and stuff. My husband is the exact same height as me but I'll still wear them around him.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can run walk skip and jump in heels! The bigger the better for me, I am 5'2" and have been wearing heels since I was about 16 so I am now a pro at walking in them. I'd go with something that has ankle support if your just starting out with them and progress from there.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I want to learn! LOL. I love the look of heels, but I can never walk in anything taller than a 2 inch heel haha
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time walking in heels unless they are really nice and fit perfectly (Sofft are a great brand with lots of support). Still, i feel a bit stiff in them - a friend told me to try wearing them to the grocery store for practice... that way you have the cart for support! :wink: I haven't tried this yet because I mostly just have flats
  • Chalesie
    Chalesie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I looooove high heels, especially the heels with the 1+ platform and I love how I feel when I wear them. My feet don't like them as much as the rest of me does but I still manage to wear them a few days a week. Practice does make perfect so I'd suggest walking around the house in them just to get used to them before a big night out on the town. :wink: