does anybody else struggle to drink the required amount of w

Options
1235»

Replies

• vinadity98
    vinadity98 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YES! I work 12 hour night shifts and when I am at work I do fine, but at home it's a real struggle!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Tea contains water doesn't it?

Drink more tea..no problems. It counts!

woops - forgot to type -- I think you can say that about herbal tea, but caffeinated tea, like coffee, is actually dehydrating...you still need water over and above the caffeine you've been drinking.
    tigerpalm.jpg
    Did you just intentionally ignore the 4 or 5 other posts in this thread that already explained the science that caffeinated beverages DO NOT DEHYDRATE YOU?
  • scottishlass78
    Options
    I've gotten on the Propel Zero brand recently, they are flavored waters with 0 calories, but also contain Vitamins C, E, and B along with antioxidants. I was horrible about water intake, and usually preferred diet soda to anything else, but since I found a flavored, 0 calorie water, I pound over the required amount on a daily basis, and have been 2 weeks without soda :) Good luck!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    No. I drink 100-125 oz/day.
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    I get 96+ ounces a day, but it's all bourbon. that's fine, right?
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I seldom drink water - I have to force myself to drink it. I just don't do it - I don't hate it, I just don't drink it. I go with the advice of my doctor, who said, "Drink when you are thirsty, period. All you are doing is making your other organs work to get rid of it." She said you should keep a glass of anything with you or on your desk, ever. If you're thirsty, get up, drink, stop when you're not thirsty. If you are not thirsty, don't drink. Works for me. I think all that drink 8 glasses a day is hooey! :-) If you need it, fine. If you don't, fine. But why force yourself to do it?
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton. I have one of those cute platsic tumblers with the straw -- actually I have a bunch of them. One in my car, my desk at work, my desk at home... Never without one, so I have no excuse not to drink. Plus, I find the straw makes me drink more.

Iced green tea with lime is especially good, but if I don't have time to brew it, then I'l just take a big jug of water with lemons or limes or fruit or herbs or whatever to work with me. I bring a baggie of extra "whatever" on days when I know I'll be staying late or running errands, that way I can still have delicious water.
  • mbny1
    mbny1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was wondering how Mi0 was...do you like it? What is it?
  • Angiechastain
    Options
    While at work it's easier. I sit at my desk so I try looking at the clock and drink a glass every hour until I reach my mark. Before I did that I almost never got it in. Also, you could buy a bottle that holds 64 oz and make sure it's empty before bed...
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options

Tea contains water doesn't it?

Drink more tea..no problems. It counts!
    [/quote]

woops - forgot to type -- I think you can say that about herbal tea, but caffeinated tea, like coffee, is actually dehydrating...you still need water over and above the caffeine you've been drinking.
    [/quote]

please cite some scientific evidence for this. Or wait..it's just opinion isn't it?
  • toglamgirl
    Options
    Hi - I've also heard that it's half of your weight in ounzes as well. I have always found it difficult to drink water. And I've also heard that if you are thirsty - it's too late and you are already somewhat dehydrated. I'm making a concerted effort to drink more anyway - it's good for your skin, hair, and intestines :wink:
  • pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wow! thank you all for so many replies everyone - this will seriously help me! You are all awesome!
  • Commit2BFit2
    Options
    I NEVER used to get my water in! I was lucky if I got 8 oz in a day!! Im supposed to get 60oz a day !!!! The best thing I found was to put a straw in it! When I have a straw I find myself sipping constantly (especially when Im bored! Which also cut down on snacking when Im bored!) And I take water with me everywhere!! sometimes Im at the store or in the car or even at someones house and Im thirsty. If Im out I tend to buy soda or coffee/tea rather than pay for water. But if I have a bottle of water with me when Im thirsty I get that out instead.

Now that I get my recommended water (and am past the days of peeing every 2 mins and feeling sick because of the toxins flushing out) I will never NOT get all my water in !!!! I feel so good! So much energy! My stomach acid problems went away! I lost 10lbs in the first weeks I was getting my water it! It was great!

They say you need half your weight in ounces of water
    And they say drinking caffiene deyhdrates your cells... so for every caffienated drink you should match that with more water!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I NEVER used to get my water in! I was lucky if I got 8 oz in a day!! Im supposed to get 60oz a day !!!! The best thing I found was to put a straw in it! When I have a straw I find myself sipping constantly (especially when Im bored! Which also cut down on snacking when Im bored!) And I take water with me everywhere!! sometimes Im at the store or in the car or even at someones house and Im thirsty. If Im out I tend to buy soda or coffee/tea rather than pay for water. But if I have a bottle of water with me when Im thirsty I get that out instead.

Now that I get my recommended water (and am past the days of peeing every 2 mins and feeling sick because of the toxins flushing out) I will never NOT get all my water in !!!! I feel so good! So much energy! My stomach acid problems went away! I lost 10lbs in the first weeks I was getting my water it! It was great!

They say you need half your weight in ounces of water
    And they say drinking caffiene deyhdrates your cells... so for every caffienated drink you should match that with more water!
    tigerpalm.jpg
    Can we please read the actual thread before we continue to post misinformation that has already been disproven?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

blackadder_headdesk.gif

PLEASE read the thread....
  • QueenChacon
    Options
    I really haven't come up with a great solution for this. I just work at drinking as much as I can. I'm buying those big jugs for hubby and me from bodybuilding.com and we are making the goal to fill those and drink 2 a day.