What CARDIO has helped you lose fat? Anyone?

Options

Replies

• blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    losing body fat is a whole lot of what you eat. 30% exercise and 70% Diet
  • blue_lime
    blue_lime Posts: 10
    Options
    what is HIIT??
  • jewol
    jewol Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I recently cranked up the running (16 of the past 19 days, three to six miles each time) and have shed 11 pounds. Of course, except for two or three days, I've also stayed at 1500 or fewer calories per day. When it comes to exercising for fat loss, it's difficult to beat running.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    what is HIIT??

HIIT = high intensity interval training. It alternates short bursts of really intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods. So, for example, you might do 30 secs-1 minute on the elliptical at a really high resistance, as hard as you can, then take the resistance way down to recover and alternate that for about 20 minutes.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    circuit training with light free weights and body weight for 60 minutes 3 x a week
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels ANYTHING!
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Tae bo!

not srs
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Piloxing and Fit Camp Fusion have been a great cardio classes for me. I have also been doing a few other classes (usually 6 days a week) at my local rec center unlimited for 50 bucks a month. Some are strength training classes. I enjoy a mix of both - so if i am doing an all strength building class - I go run on the treadmill for 20-30 mins afterwards... if I am doing a high cardio class, I go to the gym and do 30-45 mins of strength building with the weights in the gym.

The classes are fun - and it's like having a personal trainer with 12-20 other people. Plus it's motivation to keep on going instead of trying to do it on your own where you stop when it starts to feel uncomfortable. lol.
  • Claiire_Louise
    Options
    what is HIIT??

HIIT = high intensity interval training. It alternates short bursts of really intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods. So, for example, you might do 30 secs-1 minute on the elliptical at a really high resistance, as hard as you can, then take the resistance way down to recover and alternate that for about 20 minutes.

There is a fab dvd i do called 'hannah waterman body blitz' this is interval training and i find it really works
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit for weight loss
    Strength training for muscle preservation
    Cardio for heart health
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Cardio doesn't help you lose fat. What you eat does.

BUT, from your picture, you don't look like you need to be losing much fat anyways. 18% BF is VERY good for a female...
  • griebelt
    griebelt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All and any cardio helps you lose fat - you just have to actually get up and do it faithfully. and then eat healthy or you just undo all the work by eating poorly. It is a combination of eating right - cardio and weights that helps you balance.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    In Insanity don't you do HIIT but backwards ?
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Richard SImmons Sweatin to the Oldies
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Spinning, cycling, kick boxing, hiking, and rowing is what works for me.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    20-30 minute walk every day with the dog, plus interval setting on the elliptical for 25-35 mins 3x/week, plus strength training for 60mins+ 2x/week equals fat loss and muscle gain for this girl.

and of course, eating well and keeping a calorie deficit.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    bump :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    OH also!! good fun cardio to change it up!!!

go i a store and rip off one of those plastic biiper/alarm trigger tags... put it in your pocket and walk out n let the alarm go off.. wait for the security guard to walk up to you and then run away! He will chase you until you are off the property! so see how fast you can make it!! n even if he catches you.. you didnt steal anything so you wont get in trouble!

bit shopping centers are fun because its like an obstacle course

Now THAT is creative!:laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    At 5'6, 116 lbs and 18%BF... you need to see an optomotrist if you think you need to lose fat.
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics is my fav...full body work out with weights. Cardio and muscle building in one!!!