I need inspiration. Any 5'5 girls out there?

Options
If so could you post your success stories...? I think my goal should be around 135, but I don't know for sure.I'm currently 194 and I only just started losing weight and I don't know how much I should lose to have that healthy look. Thanks!

Replies

• swimsuitbabe
    Options
    Hello Maggie,

135 is a good goal weight. My Goal weight is also to be in lower 130's.and I am 5'5. I started at 176 and I am currently 167. My mini goal is to be at 145 in next 2 months. I think even a difference of 20 pounds can give you a healthier look. Good luck with your journey!
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started out at 247 pounds. I am currently 167 pounds! I went from a stretched out size 20 and currently wear a size 7 in pants. It takes hard work and dedication. Here is a link to my blog if interested in looking at pictures and reading some motivational words. =)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MrsGreenTea703

or my tumblr page for weight loss inspiration! =)

http://mrsgreentea703.tumblr.com/

I'm here if you need help with anything!
  • csgray72
    csgray72 Posts: 39
    Options
    5'5 here too. At my lowest weight a few years ago I was 145 and a size 6. I gained a ton of weight in the past couple of years and am now shooting for 160 lbs. I figure it'll be put at around a size 10 and I'll decide from that point if I want to push on to a little lower. But I have a large frame, broad shoulders and all.
  • missmaggiejane
    Options
    wow! this is so inspiring! I just took my first "before" picture last night.. and it really didn't help motivate me AT ALL. (Really the only reason I did it is because my cousin forced me to lol.) And I can't wait until I can take my during picture after my first 20 pounds. Seeing your pictures really makes me want to go out and walk! I started a salsa dancing class twice a week about 2 weeks ago and it has helped me lose my first 6 pounds. In all with the class and walking I will get 3 hours of salsa dancing and 2 hours of walking every week. I'm hoping this will help me lose 15 pounds by the summer time. I really want to be able to feel better in a bathing suit.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". i started out at 187lbs and am now 135. I will be 120 before summer begins:) I haven't posted a before picture yet but it's not pretty lol. I know this is a big range but anywhere between 130 and 150 is a good goal. Everyone holds weight differently. I hold it in my thighs and mid section. I've lost my *kitten* and my boobs but I am completely okay with that because I'm happy. Best of luck to you on getting to your goal weight!:happy:
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'5 and working on my health. I started out at 260 in Jul 2011, and weighed in yesterday at 204.8 :) So it's coming along. I hope to get down to 150 or 140 eventually. Feel free to add me if you are looking for support.
  • missmaggiejane
    Options
    So if I'm a size 16 and I'm 194 what size do you guys think I would be if I lost 50 pounds and got down to 145?
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 5 , I started out at 167 and now am at 136. I would love to lose another 5 lbs but my body seems very content to just stay here. So I am just maintaning and now toning up. Toning up has really made a big difference!!
  • csgray72
    csgray72 Posts: 39
    Options
    So if I'm a size 16 and I'm 194 what size do you guys think I would be if I lost 50 pounds and got down to 145?

I would think somewhere along a 5/6 to a 7/8.
  • eunger1
    eunger1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey we're pretty much in the same boat. I'm also 5'5" and I started out at around 194 about a month ago and now I'm down to 184 as of last saturday. 135 is my goal as well, I think its a good goal weight.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently 142. My goal is 130, but that seems unlikely. As an adult I've weighed a high of 183 and a low of 125. 125 was unsustainable (and TOO SMALL). I'm hoping 140 is sustainable, once I get there.

However, I'm working on becoming more dense/less flabby. We'll see what weight "fitting my current wardrobe well" turns out to be.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" started at 153.6 down to 137 now. My original goal weight was 135 but I still am far from where I want to be so lowered it to 125. Good Luck you can do this!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'4". At my heaviest I was about 250lbs and now weigh about 130lbs. It's a lot to write here but feel free to check out my profile to read my story. :)
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    I'm 5'5-started at 191 (after a baby)-- am 162 now and shooting for at least 140 and then will reassess when I get there... :)
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5 and started out at 163ish....I've lost 31pounds and weigh about 132 now...My goal was 135 and I cant believe I actually made it to my "prekid" weight!!! I'm pretty content at where I am! Feel free to add me as a pal so I can support you! Oh, I am currently wearing size 6/7, but people keep commenting how my clothes are too big....LOL...Anyway, it's definetely doable..you can do it!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    I am 5'5". My highest weight was 180 the day I gave birth to my son. I got down to 140, gained a few pounds around Christmas time and am now down to 133. A friend at work told me just today that I look like I have lost a ton of weight, but it's just been the 10 pounds. I am hoping to maybe get to 125, but not sure if I will or not. I'm pretty happy right now, but need to try to sustain it for a while. Good luck on your journey and feel free to friend me if you are looking for support. :)
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Clothing size will depend on a lot of factors, but my tailor says that for women every 10 pounds is a dress size. 50 pounds would be about 5 sizes down, putting you about size 6. I'm also 5'5" and just about to reach my goal weight of 150. (I started right around 200 pounds in 2007.) I just shopped for my new wardrobe and wear size 6 in most pants. I'm still a medium or size 8 in tops, though. My boobs shrank, but not that much! LOL :noway:

Best of luck to you in your journey. You can do it!! :bigsmile:
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    i'm a "short 5'5" "...starting weight was 178. currently at 150 (seems like FOREVER) and my happy weight is anywhere in the low-mid 130s although eventually would like to maintain around 128-131. just can't seem to get past my latest "plateau" :(
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Another 5'5"er here. I started at 168 and have lost 10 lbs through a combination of diet and exercise. I am currently a size 10 and my goal weight is around 135. I am juicing and eating a ton of fresh produce and working through Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD. My diary is open if you are interested, and I wish you the best as you work toward achieving your goals.
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    5'5 here. My starting weight was 185.5 lbs. I am currently 176.5 lbs. I eat 1200 cal a day. Unless I exercise and then I eat back my calories. I have lost 9 lbs in 4 weeks. My goal weight is 130.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!