Dr.Oz show 03/16/12 Best Belly-Blasting Supplements

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.

^^^^ THIS some of us believe in supplements. I love vitamins, I would rather take natural things than chemicals.
    I love vitamins, too, that's why I eat foods that contain them, rather than swallowing pills. To each their own.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Wow, forskolin looks amazing! It causes you to lose fat, increase lbm and raise free test.

Body Composition and Hormonal Adaptations Associated with Forskolin Consumption in Overweight and Obese Men. OBESITY RESEARCH Vol. 13 No. 8 August 2005

http://www.lipofuze.com/research/forslean.pdf

Hmmm then you see the study was funded by the patent holder and other studies have been unable to duplicate the results

Effects of coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and hematological profiles in mildly overweight women. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2005 Dec 9;2:54-62.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18500958?dopt=Abstract
    CONCLUSION:

Results suggest that CF does not appear to promote weight loss but may help mitigate weight gain in overweight females with apparently no clinically significant side effects.

Effects of Coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and markers of health in sedentary overweight females. Experimental Biology 2002 Late Breaking Abstracts. LB305: 2002.

[quoteThat 250mg of a 10 per cent forskolin extract taken twice daily for 12 weeks did not significantly decrease body mass or dual energy X-ray absorptiometer (DEXA)-determined fat mass in a group of inactive obese women asked to maintain their normal diet and activity level[/quote]
  • maethoriel
    Options
    bump
  • patton2012
    Options
    so true i culdnt believe what i just read,,smh
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow, it REALLY sucks that most of your comments aren't positive-- everyone on here is looking for encourgment and support-- not unneccesary comments. There is a multitude of ways to say something so you guys who are being negative should take a look into that---
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have been using Relora for years now. It has not done anything for weight loss, but it is a very important part of my mental well being regime. It helps me stay calmer. Wouldn't be without it. I usually only take it at night before sleep. It is so subtle that I cannot tell when I take it, I can only tell when I don't.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    bump
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz recommended the following Best Belly-Blasting Supplements : 7 keto (to speed up metabolism), Forskolin (to burn fat), caraway seeds (for bloating), and Relora (to reduce stress)

If you tried it , please share your experience.

Hmmmmhhh??? She asked you to comment "if you tired it" !?!? If you didn't try it then move on. No one was asking for your opinions on Dr. Oz!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmhhh??? She asked you to comment "if you tired it" !?!? If you didn't try it then move on. No one was asking for your opinions on Dr. Oz!!!

If someone is repeatedly giving out bad advice pertaining to weight-loss, and this advice causes people to waste money on supplements that are essentially useless, don't you find value in other people pointing this out?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz touched my no no and I cried.

ROFLMAO! That even made my bf giggle!
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    I'll be honest, when I read Forskolin all I saw was foreskin.
    lmbo Me too!!!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz recommended the following Best Belly-Blasting Supplements : 7 keto (to speed up metabolism), Forskolin (to burn fat), caraway seeds (for bloating), and Relora (to reduce stress)

If you tried it , please share your experience.

Hmmmmhhh??? She asked you to comment "if you tried it" !?!? If you didn't try it then move on. No one was asking for your opinions on Dr. Oz!!!

Well Said!
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ginncjb
    ginncjb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, it REALLY sucks that most of your comments aren't positive-- everyone on here is looking for encourgment and support-- not unneccesary comments. There is a multitude of ways to say something so you guys who are being negative should take a look into that---

I feel the same. Regardless of what I think of Dr. Oz, I checked into all of these after seeing an article. My primary concern was that at least 2 of them had adverse effects if taken with some prescription drugs. Bottom line...do your own research on any supplement, especially if you are taking other supplements or prescriptions.
  • skinEme1018
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.
    i agree. Most of the comments are uncalled for. We are here to give true advice and encouragement not our own opinions of people. That being said, it is best to always do research before taking anything. Even if your own dr recommends a pill you shoukd research it. Best of luck to you on this journey!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I like Dr. Oz. Do I believe everything he says? No, but thats how I am about anyone who gives advice or has any sort of opinions on products.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    if we all follow Dr.Oz's "tips" for weightloss we'd be broke, fatter and more stressed because of lack of results. There are only so many ways to lose weight healthily and he tells us none of that. probably because he wouldn't get paid for dropping companies products names.

Good Luck if you try it but i'll stick with how i am doing it.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    if we all follow Dr.Oz's "tips" for weightloss we'd be broke, fatter and more stressed because of lack of results. There are only so many ways to lose weight healthily and he tells us none of that. probably because he wouldn't get paid for dropping companies products names.

You really don't have to follow every single tip he brings up on his show. Some stuff is informative and other stuff I am sure is just companies paying him to promote the product.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Here's a little about Caraway seeds:

Caraway promotes gastric secretion and stimulates appetite. It breaks down spasms in the gastrointestinal tract to prevent flatulence, but it is also used to treat menstrual cramps and gallbladder spasms. The German E commission reports that caraway seeds are an antimicrobial, and can relieve the feeling of bloating or fullness associated with indigestion and stomach complaints. Caraway oil is strongly fungicidal, having a stronger anti-fungal and anti-yeast activity than the prescription medication Nystatin. Caraway seed oil is used as a flavoring agent in pharmaceuticals, a fragrance in cosmetics and body care products, and is used in all major categories of food, from meat to candy to condiments.

I use them for their anti-fungal qualities.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

You really don't have to follow every single tip he brings up on his show. Some stuff is informative and other stuff I am sure is just companies paying him to promote the product.

Just like WWE Professional Wrestling.. "Most" of it is fake, rite?