Do you have a phobia?

Options

Replies

• dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Had to get an MRI once and freaked out,had to get out of there.I lasted about 3 seconds !!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Falling, but not heights. I can do heights, like if its a carnival ride and I'm strapped in, or a balcony with a railing, but no railing and no security and I'm freaking out. I won't even walk over top a sewer, in fear of it collapsing in as I step on it. I'd rather walk around. lol
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    heights and claustrophobia

you said it Ipuffy.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Oh, and pitch darkness. I'm fine if I have a flashlight or a candle. I'm fine with street lights shining in the window or light from the TV/computer screen, etc, but If I can't see anything at all, then I freak out! Oh and buzzing, whither its a bee, a fly, or a tattoo gun. I hate that buzzing, it makes my skin crawl!
  • therichness
    therichness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i'm scared of penguins. they are insanely creepy.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    I am terrified of Mice .. ewwwwww !!! ...yukkkkko !!!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lizards! HATE them!! :noway: And of course I live in the desert. When I see one in my garage, I freak!!

Also have a fear of driving on the freeway. I'm ok if someone else is driving, but if I'm driving, I feel trapped and have to get off right away or I start to have a panic attack. It's crazy and I don't know what caused it to begin with. So I take the surface street everywhere I go.
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Mine is kinda weird but it's eating noises. I seriously have major issues with people who eat with the mouth open or I can hear them chewing their food. I have had full blown panic attacks over this before.

Snackes and spides don't really bother me, but chew your food like a savage and I'll totally FREAK OUT!

Not a phobia for me, but I can't stand to hear people eat, either. You should hear our co-worker eat an apple!! Drives us all insane! Most disgusting thing EVER!! (And of course he eats at least one every day!! :grumble:
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    i have a fear of spiders too! (arachnophobia)
    i am claustrophobic... cant be in a tight space or i go like insane...
    i have a fear of public speaking... i nearly cried when i had to do this thing in french class... :(

i sure hope nobody is afraid of pit bulls, kitties, or Chinese water dragons... i own them all :D

16899809.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    Dogs and baths (don't laugh!) - i nearly drowned in one as a child and it has scarred me every since. God bless showers!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Yes! and balloons, and Umpa Lumpas that *kitten* ain't normal.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    enclosed spaces... Needles.... real life human blood (especially my own)... Watching someone bleed in movies or being a hunter field dressing game doesnt bother me.. But to see someONE bleed will make me passout for sure !!
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes, Dogs. I am terrified of Dogs even have nightmares about the 4 legged creatures. I have risked my life and safety to avoid walking past dogs.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wasps. <shudder>
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Anything with 6 or 8 legs....most especially 8 legs....
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Fire and cotton wool x
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My phobia is death

But I also get panicky in crowded places and a little claustrophobic
  • Kailel
    Kailel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Retractable tape measures. There is a story behind it. I'm not crazy. Those mother fkers are sharp!

OMG, I have cut myself baaaaaaaaaaad on those... And as they retract, they just keep cutting. >.<

I'm scared of ants, or anything else that outnumbers me 1000:1 and is small enough that I could likely not get them all if they attacked me en masse. T.T Stood in a lot of ants (and hornet!) nests when I was a kid so I suppose I caused this one myself.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    zombies. Seriously. My whole life I've had reoccurring nightmares about them. Recently found out that when I was 2, my idiot parents (granted, they were YOUNG idiot parents 20 and 22) wanted to see Night of the living dead (or whichever one came out in 1979ish) and they TOOK ME WITH THEM!! Apparently after the first zombie took its first bite, I had a hysterical melt down and they had to leave. Explains a whole lot...
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Vaginas. Anything that can take away my common sense, reasoning skills, my ability to speak coherently, and just cause a debilitating stupidness in me as fast as they can, makes me terrified of em.