Special K

Options
1235»

Replies

• pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I forgot to add that I am a lover of Special K Red Berries!
  • Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    I think i'd have a hell of a time finding 100% healthy foods. We have an organic section in one of our grocery stores but that's it.

I think im going to try some special k stuff for tomarrow since my workday is going to be so long. (Protein shake sounds good)
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    Something for everyone to remember.....it is super expensive to eat totally organic. Everyone is doing what they can to have a healthier lifestyle or they wouldnt be here. I personally cant afford to do what you are doing Leanlioness.You are lucky to have the resources that you do and the pocketbook to go with it. I do what I can for my family within my own limits. We have a farmers market down the street and within season I get SOME of our fruits and veggies there, but within my limits, budget, etc. If special K is what you can afford and it is a step the right direction. HFCS or not! :drinker:

I agree with that as well :wink:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    i seriously cant believe this thread turned into a 4 page discussion about HFCS and organic food.

all i said was how good special k cereal tasted. lmao :laugh:

HA HA! i love the stuff... :o)
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Something for everyone to remember.....it is super expensive to eat totally organic. Everyone is doing what they can to have a healthier lifestyle or they wouldnt be here. I personally cant afford to do what you are doing Leanlioness.You are lucky to have the resources that you do and the pocketbook to go with it. I do what I can for my family within my own limits. We have a farmers market down the street and within season I get SOME of our fruits and veggies there, but within my limits, budget, etc. If special K is what you can afford and it is a step the right direction. HFCS or not! :drinker:

Actually I spend way less buying organic and raw from local farmers than I would spend at the grocery store.................

I can get grass fed and free range meats, farm raised eggs and raw milk for way cheaper than I can purchase things from the grocery store.................

Right now, I can get raspberries, blue berries, black berries and peaches really cheap too, because those are the local fruits that are in season right now.
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    not close to where i live in missouri
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    I'm planning on trying the Special K cereal Yogurt & Fruit and those italian tomato and herb crackers. they sound really really good.

I had the chocolatey chip meal bar with some yoplait very cherry yogurt this morning for breakfast before i start work :smile: . See how long it lasts in my stomach haha.
  • oatmealie
    oatmealie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This thread took an unexpected but interesting turn!

I would like to try raw milk but unfortunately here in Canada it is illegal to sell (not consume) raw milk. It is actually called the Milk Act. This does seem like an extreme step to take for our safety... Most definitely pushed by the dairy industry.

However it is important that people realize there is a risk involved, a slight risk but still important to note for those who might be affected. But to not make it available? Seems silly. Why not just put a warning label on it, like they do on honey, saying not to give it to the very young..?

Anyway, I wanted to ask - does raw milk taste different?
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    This thread took an unexpected but interesting turn!

I would like to try raw milk but unfortunately here in Canada it is illegal to sell (not consume) raw milk. It is actually called the Milk Act. This does seem like an extreme step to take for our safety... Most definitely pushed by the dairy industry.

However it is important that people realize there is a risk involved, a slight risk but still important to note for those who might be affected. But to not make it available? Seems silly. Why not just put a warning label on it, like they do on honey, saying not to give it to the very young..?

Anyway, I wanted to ask - does raw milk taste different?

A distinct creamy flavor...it's hard to describe. I think for some it's too heavy a taste compared to the normal stuff.

Ever had unpasteurized apple cider? It's hard to compare it to the pasteurized stuff because there's a very distinct taste difference.

Both are getting hard to find these days :( (unless you live on a farm, lol!)
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I agree. I am reminded of a church group that begged me to go to their services. The women looked miserable, never smiled, and always sounded reproachful and disapproving. Why would I want to go to a place that makes you feel this bad?

I may eat some 'crap' but I feel like smiling every day of my life.
    I have more energy than I have had in 15 years, I am off all my meds and my stats are aMAZing!!

Now someone pass the Special K and pasturized 2% milk please...........I need a snack.

in this case, i wish MFP were like facebook, so i could click the "I Like This" button.

:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I agree. I am reminded of a church group that begged me to go to their services. The women looked miserable, never smiled, and always sounded reproachful and disapproving. Why would I want to go to a place that makes you feel this bad?

I may eat some 'crap' but I feel like smiling every day of my life.
    I have more energy than I have had in 15 years, I am off all my meds and my stats are aMAZing!!

Now someone pass the Special K and pasturized 2% milk please...........I need a snack.

in this case, i wish MFP were like facebook, so i could click the "I Like This" button.

:bigsmile:

cute:smooched:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a bit behind the discussion here, but just thought I'd double check my Special K box to identify any nasty HFCS that may be lurking there. Turns out that here in Australia HFCS is not an ingredient in Special K!

I thought that was exciting enough to share with any of you Aussies out there who were getting concerned! :flowerforyou:
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a bit behind the discussion here, but just thought I'd double check my Special K box to identify any nasty HFCS that may be lurking there. Turns out that here in Australia HFCS is not an ingredient in Special K!

I thought that was exciting enough to share with any of you Aussies out there who were getting concerned! :flowerforyou:

Hmmmmmmmm...........very interesting.................
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Did you see they are coming out with blueberry special K....... sounds good