don't read unless you love beer... you won't understand

Options

Replies

• larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have had ZERO alcohol since the 2nd of January. Cutting it out and eating clean have been the only real changes I have made. But these are not easy!.

I have to admit I miss chocolate more than alcohol.

After about a week you stop having to drink because you want one it. Then you start to think about going a week and thinking the next week will be easier. In the long run stopping drinking alcohol has made my weight loss easier and quicker. It's the sacrifice I have made to get healthy.

I will drink again but think I can go 100 days.
  • karenlw75
    karenlw75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree. i go fine all day until it's the end of the day... Work is done, I have been to the gym, I come home to relax and I need a drink.... At which point I come on here log in my food, exersize and I go completely over them with the beer!!!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of beer, but i love rum and tiki drinks. I just try to leave some extra calories at the end of the day so i can have a nice cocktail. I also figured out a way to cut out the juices and simple sugars and can have several drinks for the price of one
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    The only thing i miss about drinking beer is hanging with friends, they just dont understand why i say NO!!!!! And ive learned that not eating to have a good friday out is quite fun im a pretty cheap date now:)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,161 Member
    Options
    I agree, log it. Also realize you can get by with 2 beers during a night out. I still have beer, but no longer have the 4-5 in a night out that I would have before seeking to get healthy. Also, I will often go for a whiskey or something like that instead. I am having some wonderful Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey as I type this.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    It partially killed my social life by not drinking as often. I work out hard if I plan on drinking beer though. And never would I consider drinking a light beer just because they are low cal and stuff.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love beer, but while losing weight I guess I'm going to stick to vodka and tonic. :'( It is SO high in calories. So sad.

Touché! This.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I drink beer maybe twice a month (2-3 beers max when I do)...I do try to workout a bit harder those days if I know I may drink...sometime I have my drinks on my cheat day...I stick to the light beers.
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    St. Patrick's in Boston this weekend. Still under my cals for the day since I skipped dinner for a pint. And a pint is enough for me.

Empty stomach, beer and Asian, I am a fun date tonight.
  • rolyh
    rolyh Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe, drink two large glasses of water before the social session, I find that separating thirst from the alcohol lets me drink slower and less. But dont overdo the water, you know what fish do in it:)
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I LOVE beer! I forced myself into liking Michelob ultra because of the low carb thang but then I started to like it and now when I have a "real" beer than I'm trashed off of 3, lol. All in moderation it is okay I believe! Cheers!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Maybe, drink two large glasses of water before the social session, I find that separating thirst from the alcohol lets me drink slower and less. But dont overdo the water, you know what fish do in it:)

LMAO!
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com

yup. this! super helpful.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have been willing to have a perhaps slower rate of weight loss to still incorporate beer into my life despite protests of my trainer. I just try to add more exercise during the weeks that I drink. Months without beer is simply not an option I am willing to accept. I do however try to limit myself to no more than 3 beers on days that I do drink. I also refuse to resort to light beers. If I'm taking in calories for a beverage it is going to taste great.
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Not a beer lover, but love wine. Informative thread here for sure.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I live in Utah so no problem for me to pass on beer ;) but when I do get some, I definitely log it... and work harder that morning to earn 1 or 2 more beer;))

I'm from england, so i apologise, but whats the problem with beer and utah??

Utah is the home of a lot of Mormons, and the state is known for having restrictions on alcohol sales. But it doesn't have any dry counties. Texas has 29 completely dry counties.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States_by_state
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I make my own beers and wines, and I LOVES me some crafts and micro brews - many are in the 8.0 or higher abv range - so although they are higher calories, I tend to drink fewer of them and they taste so much better than the Lites & lights from the macro breweries. And despite it's dark, richness Guinness is a relatively low calorie beer, and it tastes mighty fine.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I saw a news story a while back about a guy that fasted (from food) for a few weeks and consumed only beer the entire time. He didn't drink to excess and continued going to work the whole time and lost weight while not doing anything else different.

He was inspired by some monks he read about who used to brew and drink their own beer and they would do this "beer-fasting" process on a regular basis.

I'd have to look it up and get more details about what type of beer he used, but it sounds like something I might try on my vacation!

:drinker:

If it's the guy that drank beer through lent last year, I followed the story as well. He did lose weight, but he was weak and didn't feel well a lot of the time (he was a blogger)... and as soon as he went back to eating real food, most of the weight came back. I'm all about enjoying beers, but what that guy did was a little bit extreme (and it was a publicity stunt.)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I live in Utah so no problem for me to pass on beer ;) but when I do get some, I definitely log it... and work harder that morning to earn 1 or 2 more beer;))

I'm from england, so i apologise, but whats the problem with beer and utah??
    I wondered that too, maybe they forgot to repeal prohibition? :bigsmile:

Their beer percentages are actually lower unless you buy from the brewery :)
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    Beer lover here! I'm not a big drinker though so I really only have 1-2 pints every couple weeks. When I do though I DON'T punish myself with a crappy "light" beer. :) I just try moderation.

I do log it since I don't want to cheat. I wouldn't be doing myself any favors by being in beer denial. It is high calorie and lots of carbs.. deal with it.