Dr.Oz show 03/16/12 Best Belly-Blasting Supplements

Options
123457»

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/10/dr-oz-wrong-arsenic-apple-juice.html
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44520025/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/fda-dr-oz-apple-juice-safe-after-all/
    http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/02/dr-ozs-raspberry-ketones-dismissed-by-dietitian-as-tv-hype/

He's a supplement-pusher and nothing more than a TV showman. He's been very wrong about a lot of things many times over.

Eh I have a love/hate relationship with his show too. However, he actually was right about the apple juice-arsenic thing.

No. He was not right about that. Please read the links above especially this one:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44520025/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/fda-dr-oz-apple-juice-safe-after-all/

Add this also:

http://www.ktradionetwork.com/health/dr-mehmet-oz-is-a-fraud/
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I generally take what he say's with a grain of salt. I think he is in the business of making money (as most people are), and I think that he does that by scaring people.

Now, about 5 to 10% of the time, yes he makes sense.

But being a nurse, if I have questions regarding what he says, I just ask my Dr co-workers. They will either agree or shoot him down. Honestly, and unfortunately about 80 - 90% of the time, they shoot him down.

I also think that if you are eating a proper diet and exercising (sp) regularly, you are doing the best thing for yourself in the long run. Why put stuff in your body that you don't need?
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    probably gets paid a tonne to endorse those products.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.

"Support" comes in many forms and doesn't always consist of a "way to go" kind of response. I don't know if you have kids but if you do, have you ever said no to them? Of course you have. It's the same thing here, if common sense and logic dictate that something is, at best ineffective and, at worst, possibly harmful would you rather be surrounded by people who actually say what they think or a bunch of sheep?

I didn't read all the posts but the ones before yours were obviously tongue-in-cheek, poking fun at a shill who hypes new products every week. (like many he's found it's more lucrative to be a in the entertainment business than practicing medicine)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    been from the UK I have no idea who Dr Oz is! ... but I use Q10 which has been scientifically proven to work at a cell level and is recommended to people with conditions such as MS and Muscular Dystrophy. It's also been shown to help slow progression for some types of Cerebellar Ataxia's.

It works at cell level to increase the amount of energy your cell's produce and is naturally found in our bodies already, but levels often deplete with age or with some medical conditions. I take it to help with energy levels, it doesn't give the instant 'buzz' that caffeine based ones do, but doesn't wear off after a few hours either leaving you exhausted. I'm managing to get through the day without having to lie down every few hours for the first time in years! ... and if it does slow down the speed at which my condition progresses that will be an additional bonus!

For me going wheat-free helped my belly shrink, so I will stay wheat-free and mostly low carb (couple of treat meals a week) as that's what seems to work for me.
  • maryj2367
    maryj2367 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, when I read Forskolin all I saw was foreskin.

LOL I dids to!!!! thats so funny!
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I hate Dr. Oz. That is all. Good luck with your belly blasting. Or... send the money to me instead of spending it on supplements. I promise, it will go to a good cause.

^ this....

He knows NOTHING and spouts utter garbage to vulnerable people who don't question his advice.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, when I read Forskolin all I saw was foreskin.

So did I and thought a new style of weight loss lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    Straight up, I believe that most people that love Dr. Oz were probably Oprah watchers and trust her decision in believing him.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sumer24
    sumer24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I totally agree with you..some people are so rude,arrogant and immature!