sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Do you have one?

Yesterday someone posted a phrase they use (keep in their heads) to help them focus and/or conquer cravings or whatever...

Nothing tastes as good as slim feels (or something terrific like that)

Mine is, when I'm exercising and really wanting to quit, because I'm sweating or it's just plain hard is:

Ha! My fat is crying. CRY FAT:cry: ...CRY:cry:

How about you?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Working out it's usually something like "Just a little bit further, you can do it" kind of generic I guess.

Another one and yes it sounds mean kind of but when I see someone that is about my former heaviest size, I just say to myself "absolutely never again" ... 1. Because I know how it felt to look that way and 2. I know how it felt physically at that size, moral of the story, I was unhappy that size and unhealthy too. It's not about being mean or judgmental just that i have been there and no I do not want to go there "ever again".
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have a couple written on a board by my desk but my 2 favorites are:

If you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got!

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Just do it!

No strain, no gain.

You CAN do it!
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine is "I don't want to be like that!" My mother is overweight and has been sedentary all her life. She has had a number of strokes and pretty much spends her days in her room living vicariously through the TV. Everything I see her doing, or not doing because of her unhealthy living makes me want to do everything to prevent myself from being like that!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Do something today that your future self will thank you for!!!!
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    "Prove to yourself that you have what it takes". It's the screensaver/wallpaper on my phone over a picture of Anna Kournikova looking ripped!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    When I see someone ahead of me wearing super tight clothes and obviously have no business wearing it, even if it's in style I say "I will continue to workout" even my hubby will ask me what is it that you always say! LOL

I also have another one, when I'm wanting something that's not on my food plan, basically something sweet, I say to myself "A moment on your lips and forever on your hips"
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    "You'll never regret a workout, but you will always later regret skipping a workout."

[ALWAYS works for me when I just don't feel like going!]
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Mine is remembering whenever anyone I love has said "I'm proud of you" for advancing in my fitness goals.
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think of the psychological and physical pain that my mum is going through with cancer at the moment. When I think i'm hitting a barrier in my workout and that I just can't continue, or I feel like I'm suffering when I'm having a craving, I just think to myself about how my feelings of 'pain' in that moment can hardly compare to the agony my mum is experiencing. If she can go through what she's going through, I can certainly run that extra bit further, do that last rep, resist those simple carbs and sugary snacks....the pain just doesn't compare.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    WOA!!!!

I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: these sayings, thoughts, inspirational quotes/etc. you guys have posted. LOVE THEM!:flowerforyou:
  • elldeeldn
    elldeeldn Posts: 18
    Options
    This will be worth it when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Cause Liposuction isn't the answer!
  • careyayn22
    Options
    When I am working out, i often just say the mantra, "I am STRONG" over and over.

I also keep in mind that a year from now I want to be happy about the decisions made today.---stems from the cliche about being happy a year from now for starting today.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Here's another one I love;

eb5791ec-1.jpg
  • maz165
    maz165 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "You'll never regret a workout, but you will always later regret skipping a workout."

[ALWAYS works for me when I just don't feel like going!]

Yes! This is a big one for me, as well.

And when I'm mid-workout and just want to quit, I basically tell myself "you're here. You're already doing it. You can phone it in, but what's the point? Might as well make it count if you're taking the time to do it." Or sometimes it's just telling my brain to shut up and stop whining and that I'm almost done.
  • inmyownskin
    Options
    Keep Going.
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a few that I keep posted at my desk.

1. Make up your mind to succeed and never give up.

2. Desire alone will not help you meet your goals. You must have the determination to do it and the committment to get it done.

3. What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Mine is : Every little bit counts

Every little bit of food counts and Every little bit of exercise counts. This helps me to keep focused that I need to track everything and stay on plan.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Every choice you make about what you will put in your body and how you will move your body will either put you one step closer to good health or one step further away.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!