Protein shake Powder! Any suggestions?

Options

Replies

• jude7701
    jude7701 Posts: 23
    Options
    I use the Alive shake powders- I like it- but it is a vitamin/mineral supplement, too, so it depends on what you are looking for.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I use Body By Vi :-)
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing.

Are there any of these that are Gluten Free?
    Does this replace one meal, like breakfast or lunch?

Thank you!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I really like Body Fortress from Walmart
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Saving for later! :)
  • lynn7298
    lynn7298 Posts: 18
    Options
    I use Designer Whey Weight Loss....It has 100 calories and 2g sugar....with the silk Almond Milk it rocks!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing.

Are there any of these that are Gluten Free?
    Does this replace one meal, like breakfast or lunch?

Thank you!

Yes -- this is one of the main reason my primary protein is About Time - it is gluten and lactose free.
    Many are gluten free.....

You can get a sample here:
    http://www.shopabouttime.com/

I usually buy it from here:
    http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/brand.asp?brand=2111 (it'sonly about $23 compared to $32 on amazon)
    I also can get it locally at a GNC that is a franchise in my area - but normal GNC stores do not carry it, only franchise.
    I haven't checked vitaminshoppe.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% NATURAL Whey protein. It has no added sweeteners or junk in it and I like the taste too! And it mixes in very well in smoothies and shakes and recipes also. Economical also, as it winds up being only around 55 cents per serving!
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I like Jillian Michael Vanilla whey..you can get it at wal-mart for $10.
  • sandradaisy
    Options
    I pick up Body Fortress at Walmart. $15 for 2lbs. :)

This....I mix mine with Silk choc milk
  • msleesha
    msleesha Posts: 39
    Options
    I use Nutrilite and Advocare products.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use Arbonne .....
  • Tinkerbell1369
    Tinkerbell1369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi is what I am using right now.
  • radiva1
    radiva1 Posts: 27
    Options
    GNC amplify
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking GAT ProLein Protein Shakes, 3g sugar 22.5g Protein a scoop. It's so yummy! :)
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    DW and I have started using the Whole Nectar brand find it here: http://www.wholenectar.com/

It is flavorless, very low in sugar and is made from non-GMO soy.
  • jrdennis13
    Options
    Check out ISOPURE Zero Carb Whey Protein. 50 grams of protein per serving with 1gram fat; 0 carbs, and 200 total calories. Dutch chocolate is good with water. But if you add stuff (I typically add 1/2 cup of oatmeal and strawberries) try the strawberry cream flavor.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I pick up Body Fortress at Walmart. $15 for 2lbs. :)

This is what I do
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for lower priced protein, I suggest go with the protein you'll find at your grocery store if it's the isolate (a lot less sugar than the regular) form.

The one I recommend (found at Wal Mart): Body Fortress Isolate (around 20$ for 2lbs) - the Chocolate tastes the best but that's my preference.

However, if you're not on a tight budget I suggest go with this brand: Gold Standard - Optimum 100% Whey Protein (28-30$ online for 2lbs). All the flavors for this tastes the best in my opinion and I have made some serious lean gains from this one.

Both however are what you are looking for and there are TONS of shakes just like them, just make sure you look at the ingredients/reviews before you buy them.

Hope this helps, good luck!

This is great advice.

I'd also add the Dymatize ISO 100 hydrolyzed whey into the mix. The Gourmet vanilla flavor is delicious.
    LOVE Dymatize! Agree that Gourmet Vanilla is best. But for some reason I just bought a 2 lb container of Chcolate. :ohwell: It still tastes pretty good, but I prefer the vanilla better, now that I've tried both.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Do your research. Not all powders are created equal. Low grage cheap powders are not worth the money. Clean facility is a must. Google Consumer reports guide on protein powders from June / July 2010 and read it...throughly. Lots of arsenics and metal. For me an my house we only use Optimum Nutrition, Pure Protein and Gaspari.

Yes!!! Do your research!!!
    I recommend a whey protein isolate for faster absobtion...
    also check the sugar and carbs...some can have huge amounts...
    also...a lot of them are sweetened with artificial sweetners...
    look for ones that are sweetened with stevia...or other natural sweetners