sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options

Replies

• Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This will be worth it when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!

ROFL....love it! I just read a captioned photo last night that read....'After watching The Walking Dead, I realize I need to lose weight so I won't be eaten when the Zombie Apocalypse comes"

Yes me too lol
  • Sjvarley123
    Sjvarley123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Theres a phrase Jillian Michaels uses in one of her DVDs - if its not uncomfortable nothings changing! - works for me every time things get tough
  • aymarie33
    aymarie33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is from a movie but it seems to work for me...

I just tell myself "Pain is weakness leaving the body"
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    "I am One. Tough. Mother....Shut yo mouth!" It makes me laugh...hehehe

When it's really hard, I say "You have given birth twice, this is nothing. YOU ARE STRONG!"
  • heleflump
    heleflump Posts: 57
    Options
    These are all great - I am, perhaps, a little bit more shallow than the rest!

When exercising (more specifically running/jogging): I repeat over and over in my head "I can eat that cake/crisps etc.... i can eat that cake /crisps etc." has made me carry on many times - sometimes for twice as long (when it changes to "I can eat 2 cakes etc"!!!!.

When eating: As I am about buy a calorie packed treat I tell myself: "remember that time when you ran for x number of minutes, your lungs screaming with agony, your heart about to explode - that is what you will have to put yourself through in order to eat that cake/crisps etc" - suddenly they never seem quite so appetising!!

Consequently - I appear to be motivating myself to exercise by promising myself food that I never allow myself, because i will have to exercise!!!

Odd
  • Leah5449
    Leah5449 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "the voice in your head that is telling you can't do this IS A LIAR".

Works wonders while I am running, especially in training for my upcoming marathon (I have tons of doubts of whether I can do it or not....)
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If it was easy, everybody would be fit.
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    love the whiny quote, think i'll be borrowing this.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    when eating out I tell myself "I am here for the company, NOT the food"

Definition of insanty is "Doing the same things over and over yet expecting different results." It was time for me to make some changes to what I was doing!
  • SuzanneBall
    SuzanneBall Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    "Do today what others will not, so you can do tomorrow what other can not"
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Since we are doing a week vacation in the Outerbanks, my mantra is:

Beach bodies don't eat ......... if there is something bad I want to eat or if I don't feel like going to the gym I say
    Beach bodies do.........
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I really have one, but I like the Zumba motto a lot "Ditch the workout and Join the Party". Whether it's with Zumba or something else, it really is best if you can have fun while using your muscles and burning calories.
  • tammi42
    tammi42 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love........... 'Right now someone busier than you is exercising'.

Always helps me get my *kitten* off the couch. :tongue:
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    I just replay 30 Day Shred quotes while I'm at the gym:

"We don't get to finish line and quit, that's when we (can't remember the word here so I just make up one to fit) even harder"

"So often people think they're not strong enough, you guys are told to just take the stairs. That is a false sense of lethargy that is not doing you any favors."
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    This will be worth it when the Zombie Apocalypse comes!

OMG I think the same thing. Not to encourage myself though, just in general.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    JUST FIVE MORE. Whether it's walking for five more minutes or doing five more sit-ups or running five more steps (I only run 200 paces at a time right now, due to my weight). JUST FIVE MORE. I can totally do JUST FIVE MORE. And after I finish those five, yep, JUST FIVE MORE! My workout lasts longer than I'd initially planned and I've burned more calories than I thought I could and I feel better than any one person should when they're in this bad of shape. But I'm going to 'JUST FIVE MORE' myself down 100 pounds!

I also have a poster in my home office that says 'In one year, you'll be glad you started today.' I have a lot to lose and need to be reminded sometimes that I may not see much difference by losing 10 lbs in a month or so. But in a year, I should TOTALLY see the fruits of my labor!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I love Motivational Quotes...THANKS, Everyone for yours!!!...I didn't see this...and I LOVE it...

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
    – Jim Rohn

It Motivates me all the time since I had a heart attack two years ago. I used to be embarrassed about it, now I 'own' it...cause I am NOT going to have another one if I can help myself first
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The feeling of being hungry while learning how to properly eat won't kill me. Being 100 lbs overweight will! :happy:

When I go running I stick with "I will do today what others won't; so that I may do tomorrow what others can't."
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running I like the one Someone busier than you is outside running right now and also one I found from here

Every choice you make about what you will put in your body and how you will move your body will either put you one step closer to good health or one step further away."

Also Its funny Ive been thinking of asking for peoples inspiration quotes.

Also I was in the US Army so sometimes when Im running and getting mentallly to the point I want to quit I think of my Drill Seargarent running next to me doing a excellent job at motivating me.

Thanks for the Topic
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My 4:45am alarm: "The only workout you regret, is the one you didn't do."

My 4:50am alarm (just in case the 445 alarm gets turned off at 446am): "No excuses."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!