sentence/phrase that helps you stay focused/eating/exercisin

Options

Replies

• ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I can't go on...I ask myself why? Is it my mind or my body? Usually it's just my mind, so I take a deep breathe and dig deeper...courtesy of Shaun T. hehe Tho I've been pretty lazy lately, and fell off the exercise wagon. I'm trying to dig deeper for that motivation to start exercising hard again instead of just little stuff here and there. Ugh!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Benjamin Franklin
    You may delay, but time will not.

David Viscott
    You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

George Bernard Shaw
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Ralph Marston
    Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.

George S. Patton
    You're never beaten until you admit it.

Lee Iacocca
    You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

Unknown Author
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Unknown Author
    You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thomas Jefferson
    The sovereign invigorator of the body is exercise, and of all the exercises walking is the best.

Carl Sandburg
    The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.

Harold Wilkins
    The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist.

Heraclitus
    There is nothing permanent except change.

Swedish Proverb
    Those who wish to sing, always find a song.

Elie Wiesel
    Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
    We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.

Harriet Beecher Stowe
    When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

Quintus Horatius Flaccus Horace
    Who has courage to say no again and again to desires, to despise the objects of ambition, who is a whole in himself, smoothed and rounded.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Obsessed is what the Weak call the Dedicated!
  • FitJenJen
    FitJenJen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Regarding food choices: "What you eat in private, you will wear in public", "work hard in the gym, work even harder in the kitchen"

Exercise motivators: "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great"

"Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle."

"I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I'm DONE"

"You've got everything it takes, but it will take all that you've got"
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Another one I love is:

six pack and fabulous Abs are made...in the kitchen:wink:

I thought about this one as I filled out my food diary and will only eat one piece of raisin toast today, instead of 2:tongue:
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine is more of a thought....my marathon partner turned 72 this year and is still kicking my butt. I am 30 years younger than he is, so if he can haul his butt out of bed 5 days a week to train, so can I!!!
  • kayers26
    kayers26 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have several of these that I look at everyday for a little extra motivation...especially on those days when I don't "feel like" going to the gym. You can find them all over facebook, pininterest, etc.

A few of my favorites that I have saved on my phone for whenever I unlock it is:

Do NOT reward yourself with food, you are NOT a Dog!

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

1 lb of fat = 3500 calories. Just eat 3500 calories less each week. It's so simple. It's just math, not some secret, complicated, magic trick!
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks for all the quotes. I'm not long into this process, and need to hear these things! Here are some things that I have been speaking to myself through this last month:

I want this body to be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I want it trained and prepared for whatever God has in store.

I do not want to be too weary to get up and dance with my children.

I want to be present and diligent with these people living in my home.

I am accountable for what I put into my body.

Food is not my delight. Chasing after food is not the best pleasure.

Food is not the answer to any hardship.

What I do with this body matters. It doesn't just impact me. Get up and move.

Edited* I have only been doing this one month, not two. For some reason it feels like two months have passed by!
  • coolauntiekelly
    Options
    This is taped to my mirror in my exercise corner:

"You will never become who you want to be by remaining who you are."

When I get frustrated or lazy, I look at that to remind myself why I need to do this. Great quotes from everyone!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I can't have both. (pigging out and being fit.)

Don't stop when you're tired, stop when you are done.

If it didn't hurt, it wouldn't be working.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I ask myself if I can keep going. The answer is always yes.
    I also ask myself if I currently look the way I want to look. The answer is no.

There is also something to be said for feeling stronger. I was in a bad/abusive marriage for a long time. Shedding the weight is like shedding the past. It's moving on to better things.
  • abbygm
    abbygm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I am exercising and want to quit, I think about someone I know who because of disability or disease can not exercise and I dedicate my session to them...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thanks for all the quotes. I'm not long into this process, and need to hear these things! Here are some things that I have been speaking to myself through this last month:

I want this body to be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I want it trained and prepared for whatever God has in store.

I do not want to be too weary to get up and dance with my children.

I want to be present and diligent with these people living in my home.

I am accountable for what I put into my body.

Food is not my delight. Chasing after food is not the best pleasure.

Food is not the answer to any hardship.

What I do with this body matters. It doesn't just impact me. Get up and move.

Edited* I have only been doing this one month, not two. For some reason it feels like two months have passed by!

You may not be long into this process...but your thoughts are SUPER WONDERFUL to me--wow, thanks so much for posting:heart::flowerforyou:
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "You'll never regret a workout, but you will always later regret skipping a workout."

[ALWAYS works for me when I just don't feel like going!]

I'll have to try to remember this because it is so true. Also I just try not to think about it too much when I head to the gym otherwise I'll think of plenty of reasons to skip the gym. And I always try to remind myself that the hardest part is just getting to the gym and once I'm there, I'm good.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    It NEVER ceases to amaze me, that I when I do something to bless, inspire, encourage others...WOW, how I get blessed, inspired and encouraged 100 times more.

:heart: :heart: :heart: THANK YOU EVERY ONE OF YOU :heart: :heart: :heart: fabulous and wise beautiful people for "contributing" to this thread. You guys have helped/blessed me with your replies more than you will EVER know in this life time:bigsmile:
  • CoachHellcat73
    Options
    "Even if you do not write down everything, your body keeps an accurate journal".

This reminds me that sure I can not write something down, I can write that I did more exercise than I did but my body always knows what I have done. I do not benefit from being dishonest with myself.
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    One more:

My body serves no one being dead
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself, you can do anything for X minutes(what ever is left in my work out) , you gave birth to a 10 lbs 11 oz baby YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "your excuse is invalid" I think of amputees running with prostetics etc. I think of 1st world problems compared to 3rd world problems, it's kind of morbid but it works for me. Like I can't believe I was just complaining about THAT, compaired to other things in the world. I say to myself "get over yourself, you can do this if little children can walk 12 miles to get water everyday!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!