Most Loved Childhood Toys

Options

Replies

• Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, so a ton of you won't remember this toy. My favorite was talking Larry Lion. He was so cute. You pulled a string and he had about 10 phrases to say. Loved him!!!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Man... I had quite a few faves... the Ewok Village, Castle Greyskull, The Millenium Falcon... I never got the GI Joe Aircraft carrier or base. Had tons of Star Wars, GI Joe, GoBots, Transformers, and He-Man toys (mom always found a way to spoil ... for fear of an in-store tantrum lol).

I'd have to say one of my fave toys that I got when I was a little older was a Robotech Invid Shock Trooper. Still have it... somewhere. lol
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    OH I do have a rag doll that my grandmother gave me. She has been resewed so many times. Poor doll has had surgery. Now she sits on my shelf and is there. I have had her since I was like 8. Um the doll is 32.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My popple,

I would roll it into the ball, and have the tail hanging out, then I would dangle it from my bed by the tail as I fell asleep...it would protect me from anything under my bed

I still have my Popple :) she is pink w/purple hair. I showed it too my sons and they were like what in the world is that. LOL

Mine was yellow, I think pink hair.....I am envious that you have your still!! :)
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    2 words.

Glo. Worm!

My parents still have mine somewhere :smile:

Hahahaha! My sister and I both had a glo worm!
  • KingRoaVa
    KingRoaVa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Would "Big Wheels" be considered a toy? I was truly an Evil Kenevil on a big wheel. There was truly no ramp I wouldn't jump. Missing seat? No problem! :laugh:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Weebles Wobble ... but they don't fall down.

Weeble Treehouse:

weeblestree.jpg

So that is what that was for!!! I got it at a garage sale and used it for Fisher Price little peoples...haha! I had this True Love doll that I went thru 2 dolls.....carried that thing everywhere!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Richard Scarry books!!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYzAvfaVymvHaBiu2-0kz8RekCdqsuV2WpirCxGXiQsd9v9wO4cxSe_4CISA
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    2 words.

Glo. Worm!

My parents still have mine somewhere :smile:

I still have my Glo Worm and it still works!
    Also loved my yellow **Huffalump, Barbies and a porcelain doll that I name "Porcelain" at the age of 2 LOL:laugh:

** Puffalump not Huffalump LOL I just looked it up and realized I had the wrong word:ohwell:
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I loved my barbies. One Christmas my parents didn't have much money. My mom hand-sewed a ton of barbie clothes. I handed those down to my daughters. I also have the first baby doll I ever got. I played with her soooo much. Her hair ended up coming out, so my parents sent her for repair. She came back with a hat sewn on lol!
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    When I was really little I LOVE cabbage patch dolls but as I got older and became to "mature" for baby dolls, I turned to Barbie lol my favs that I remember off the top of my head would be my 90210 dolls (Brenda, Kelly, Donna, Brandon, & Dylan- always wondered why David, Steven, and Andrea got the shaft lol) and I also had the Jordan Knight (NKOTB) doll and I remember my doll had a rat tail you could pull out really far then shove it back in his head to make it shorter lol. I also remember when Barbie came out that had the hair all the way to her feet and how sad I was when I realized that Barbies hair NEVER grows back :(
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    LOVED my Mrs. Beasley Doll...just like Buffy had.
    OMG I had one of those too and it was my most prized possession! Mine only had one arm because my sister tried to take her from me one time and pulled off the arm and my mom couldn't put it back on. Not sure why. I would only eat Green Giant peas until the night I had the dream that the Jolly Green Giant stepped on our house and separated me from Mrs. Beasley. After that, I wouldn't eat peas anymore. Now I just think they are gross and thinking about eating them makes me gag.

I found another one about 20 years ago. Sadly I don't have either one anymore. My ex put a bunch of my boxes in the barn and I didn't realize they were in there and the boxes got destroyed between the rain an the critters. By the time I found them I didn't think they were salvageable and with a heavy heart I threw them in the fire. :sad: :brokenheart:
  • Wendy_F
    Wendy_F Posts: 26
    Options
    I LOVED my Heart to Heart bear and my Popples purse!!!

Thanks everyone for the trip down memory lane :flowerforyou:
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    I also cherished my Chrissie Doll...she had hair that pulled out of the top of her head so you could make it longer or shorter...so much fun...until I cut it with scissors and realized that it wasn't coming back!
    Holy Moly, I had one of these also. My granddaughter has her now. She calls her big baby. I think the pony tail got cut off at some point. I think my daughter did it. I remember spending hours trying to brush her hair.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I had a VERY realistic looking doll that weirdly looked like me. We would go out to eat with my Grandparents every other Sunday, and I would insist that my doll (whose name was Rachel, after the character in Animorphs) had it's own high chair or booster seat. I would pretend to feed her, and my mom taught me how to put cloth diapers on her. When I would have her all bundled up, strangers would ask my mom why she let me carry the baby (I was 5-10 when I did this), and mom would shrug and say "It's not mine, it's hers." It was always funny to see people recoil in shock (when they got close and realized it was a doll).

Also, my siblings and I pretended the floor was lava at least once a day. It's a shame you can't sell that *kitten*.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    I loved this

or_abd9787b11950686765649.jpg

And now my daughter has this

0308430_l.jpg

:smile:
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options

Also, my siblings and I pretended the floor was lava at least once a day. It's a shame you can't sell that *kitten*.

My OH and I tryed that a few weeks ago. Not easy now!!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My Easy Bake Oven....and Simon

Edit: my siblings and I use to spray a can of Pledge on our family room floor (huge room)..and we would use my mom's big, fluffy towels to really put a good buffed shine on it. Then we'd put our white socks on and run and slide...it was soooo much fun!

But I slid right into the wall and went face first...broke my front tooth in half and swallowed it. Went 2 years being called "Skate Face". I looked weird until my mom was able to get it fixed. Before that happened...that floor was my favorite childhood toy :-)
  • spudman1232
    Options
    These were my favorites:

Stomperpullingsled.jpg
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    Barbies or babydolls:happy: